***Official Houston Astros 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

563,128 Views | 6776 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggiEE
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
thats the logo of Atascocita
Farmer1906
AG
I have one of those in the normal colors.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Prototype A logo has been my go to since 2015.

Great read on the rainbow uni and the prototype logo - https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20219881/the-history-houston-iconic-rainbow-uniforms-story-worth-telling
agproducer
AG
That is the look right there. I love that logo.
spadilly
S
Hoping the city connect hat is worth buying when they release it.

Also, I've been hoping/asking for years, but I would love to see New Era put out an all orange low profile throwback hat. I don't think they ever did the low profile with these:

Ags #1
AG
Lol. Ead cashman. How many of the yankees ws titles need an asterisk due to all their players juicing?
Wabs
AG
LOL at butthurt, self-righteous Yankees fans.
agproducer
AG
For gamers again:

City Connect jerseys will be in The Show this year.
agproducer
AG
From the longer Cashman article:

The Yankees and Major League Baseball could still appeal the ruling, as they did the initial decision by a federal judge in 2020 that the findings should be published.

I don't think Cashman would have said this if the Yankees weren't speaking again. The team and MLB want that letter buried. More litigation is likely ahead.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Does it annoy anyone else that the game is only released right at the beginning of the season?
Deluxe
AG
Wonder if they took it down at the Yankees' request or if The Athletic did it on their own. Either way, horrrrrible look.
agproducer
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Does it annoy anyone else that the game is only released right at the beginning of the season?

Why? They update it throughout the year and constantly push me content. The live cards are updated each week, so if a player is slumping IRL, it will reflect in their cards.

So, my answer would be no.
CoachRTM
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

CoachRTM said:

Yep. No shame in my game - I appreciate fun headwear, especially with throwback logos
Do you also have a Monster energy Hat? does it possibly have an upcurved brim?

I get the throwback logo point but it is colors the Miami Marlins would even pass on using

It's the Day of the Dead color way. There's at least some method to the madness
CoachRTM
AG
And no, no Monster Energy hats. I curve my bills a little bit so that they're not true flatbills, but I'm sure it's still too young and hip for some of you Boomers
agproducer
AG

Do the Padres have any more prospects? This trade would gut what they have left.

I'd be ok with the Astros making a call on Reynolds. If also be fine with sending the Pirates Whitley, Javier and a couple other prospects for his services.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agproducer said:

Do the Padres have any more prospects? This trade would gut what they have left.

I'd be ok with the Astros making a call on Reynolds. If also be fine with sending the Pirates Whitley, Javier and a couple other prospects for his services.
Javier is not going. We have fleeced the Pirates before, I'd like to see us do it again. Worked out pretty well the last time.
W
AG
Cashman is trash.

blaming others for his terrible spending and roster management
Farmer1906
AG
agproducer said:

I would go all in on this. I'd like to keep Leon & Lee out of it but anyone else in the minors is fine as well as Chas, Jake, or Jose Siri.

He'd make us the favorite to win it all.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I would go all in on this. I'd like to keep Leon & Lee out of it but anyone else in the minors is fine as well as Chas, Jake, or Jose Siri.

He'd make us the favorite to win it all.

Gimme
Farmer1906
AG
Brown, Whitley, Chas, & single A type. Would that be enough?
The Porkchop Express
AG
CoachRTM said:

Bought this guys as my game day hat for this year.

The Care Bears want their hat back.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

It's definitely better than the poo poo platter we gave them for Cole. I'd do it from the Astros perspective. I would think they'd do it too but probably depends on how close they think they are to being an expanded playoff contender.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

It's definitely better than the poo poo platter we gave them for Cole. I'd do it from the Astros perspective. I would think they'd do it too but probably depends on how close they think they are to being an expanded playoff contender.
I want to keep Brown. He's like mini-JV.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I think if you look at the Rays philosiphy of trading guys, they usually trade guys who are in the last year or two of their service clock for prospects and replace them with minor league guys. They did it last year with the infielder they sent to the Brewers (drawing a blank on his name). Click is clearly of that mindset. He traded Straw last year for Maton to call up Jake. I think if we see a trade like that, it might likely contain guys who have started their service clock (like Chas and maybe Enoli/James). The pirates suck, they just need arms to eat innings.
Ag_07
AG
I think we need to break away from using TB as the gauge.

So yeah he worked there and I get it but I think these two teams operate completely differently that it's not really apples to apples.

Hell we'd thought he would bring some of that opener approach here and he never did.
Burn-It
AG
AKA 13-0
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

I think if you look at the Rays philosiphy of trading guys, they usually trade guys who are in the last year or two of their service clock for prospects and replace them with minor league guys. They did it last year with the infielder they sent to the Brewers (drawing a blank on his name). Click is clearly of that mindset. He traded Straw last year for Maton to call up Jake. I think if we see a trade like that, it might likely contain guys who have started their service clock (like Chas and maybe Enoli/James). The pirates suck, they just need arms to eat innings.
I think the Straw trade was more about freeing up a spot for a minor leaguer to get more of a shot. Dusty was playing Straw too much when it was clear he wasn't the answer. Click wanted Chas and Jake in the lineup.

Regardless of what the Rays did or didn't do, the Astros are a different organization. Crane spends money. The philosophy is different.

I don't think we're in on Reynolds, but I wish we were. He's an absolute stud. He'd be our answer in CF for the next 3 years. The aligns with Bregman, Altuve, Tucker, Alvarez, and most of the pitching not named JV. It would give us an improved shot to win a title (or two) while keeping the core of newcomers (Pena, Leon, & Lee) safely on the roster. Over the 3 years, you'd pick and choose who you target for an extension to keep the window open.
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

I want to keep Brown. He's like mini-JV.
Yea, he'd be the most painful to lose in that package. Wouldn't consider dealing him unless we're getting a star with multiple years of reasonably-priced controllability.
Bassmaster
AG
agproducer said:

Most fans are dumb.

Most fans know good and damn well who will win the division. They are picking solely based on hope...they listened to too many talking heads and hope and pray that those mean 'ol cheating Astros won't win. We will, again.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Congrats to Stubbs
Farmer1906
AG
Bassmaster said:

agproducer said:

Most fans are dumb.

Most fans know good and damn well who will win the division. They are picking solely based on hope...they listened to too many talking heads and hope and pray that those mean 'ol cheating Astros won't win. We will, again.
If the Mariners didn't do much in the offseason I wouldn't even expect them to finish .500. They won 14 more games than they should have based on runs scored and given up. But I think they made some nice moves. Robbie Ray, Jesse Winker, & Eugenio Suarez is a nice haul. It's not enough to get to 90 wins without some more ridiculous luck, but they're no joke.

I think the Angels ceiling is pretty dang high. If they stay healthy and things click, they'll compete for the West. I don't expect that to happen, but it's in the realm of realistic possibilities.

As and Rangers don't matter this year.
Ag_07
AG
It's going to be VERY interesting to see Cashman comments after this letter gets released.

What a moron.
CFTXAG10
AG
Opening day. One week. Can't wait.
3B Paul 97
AG
Didn't they have a great record in 1 run games? Usually that will regress to the mean.
First Page Last Page
Page 185 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.