***Official Houston Astros 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

563,184 Views | 6776 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggiEE
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
iamtheglove
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

i was just watching this and thought I would improve everyone's day
I was at that game, never heard an Astros crowd louder than in that moment. Still gives me chills.

2 things stand out. First, Joe Buck, like him or hate him, had the absolutely perfect call for that moment. Second, what the heck was Chapman doing throwing anything close to the plate with Jake from Rake Farm on deck???

What a glorious moment for our 'Stros
tjack16
AG
iamtheglove said:

I was at that game, never heard an Astros crowd louder than in that moment. Still gives me chills.

2 things stand out. First, Joe Buck, like him or hate him, had the absolutely perfect call for that moment. Second, what the heck was Chapman doing throwing anything close to the plate with Jake from Rake Farm on deck???

I had tickets to game 7 the next night. Was in Oxford watching the Aggies beat Ole Miss and caught the 9th inning on the radio leaving the stadium. The plan was to leave INSANELY early in the morning to make it back to houston by 7 on Sunday.

Thanks to Jose, the post game traffic was awesome and we got to sleep in
EastCoastAgNc
AG
linkdude
AG
Franklin Barreto with a go ahead homer to CF! 108 MPH, 424 ft!
gougler08
AG
tjack16 said:

iamtheglove said:

I had tickets to game 7 the next night. Was in Oxford watching the Aggies beat Ole Miss and caught the 9th inning on the radio leaving the stadium. The plan was to leave INSANELY early in the morning to make it back to houston by 7 on Sunday.

Thanks to Jose, the post game traffic was awesome and we got to sleep in

I could watch that and Game 5 2017 WS highlights all day
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15 said:

bearkatag15 said:

JV comes in at #92 on MLB Network's top 100 players

Some more rankings from MLB Network... LMJ, Yuli and Uncle Mike join the fold

Yordan is considered a top 50 player coming in at 46
maca1028
I was way the hell up there down the first base side. People were smoking cigars, cigs, joints.I wasn't sure if I was at a baseball game or a Grateful Dead concert.
agproducer
AG
Most fans are dumb.

AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

This pickup could be absolutely crucial next year for our bullpen woes, especially if Maton settles in like he did at the end of the year.

Losing Graveman is gonna sting but he had some endurance issues, couldn't count on him for multiple games
Farmer1906
AG

Obviously not because he was already sent down but this is a great sign.
The Porkchop Express
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Until right now I though "Ben Verlander" was just someone's Twitter handle who like the Astros.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
The Porkchop Express
AG

agproducer
AG
Cashman is doubling down. Open the letter.

https://theathletic.com/news/brian-cashman-yankees-in-world-series-drought-because-of-illegal-and-horrific-actions-by-astros/CaahiodAk5tY/

Farmer1906
AG
agproducer said:

https://theathletic.com/news/brian-cashman-yankees-in-world-series-drought-because-of-illegal-and-horrific-actions-by-astros/CaahiodAk5tY/

He sounds like a guy worried about his job.
Bonnettecj1
agproducer said:

Yankees scored 3 runs in 4 games in Houston. Dude can f off.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

agproducer said:

He sounds like a guy worried about his job.
Sounds like a guy with memory loss about the franchise he works for. From another site.

The Yankees' biggest cheating scandal involves Brian McNamee, the team's former strength and conditioning coach. According to MLB's Mitchell Report, McNamee helped acquire steroids, Human Growth Hormone and amphetamines for Yankees players. Alex Rodriguez was suspended for an entire season for cheating, forced to miss the 2014 season after he was found to have used "numerous forms of prohibited performance-enhancing substances, including Testosterone and Human Growth Hormone, over the course of multiple years."The Athletic reported the Yankees had been using the video replay room to decode their opponents' signs since 2015. MLB tightened the rules on using the replay room for that purpose after that. Graig Nettles, a Yankees great in the 1970s and 80s, was discovered as a cheat when he broke his bat during the 1974 season and six superballs came bouncing out. Yankees Hall of Famer Whitey Ford has admitted to cheating in the 1960s, even saying he scuffed and used illegal substances on balls when he pitched in the World Series.
3B Paul 97
AG
Isn't it due to be open this week?
Ag4life80
AG
Yankees' fans who insist the Altuve game winner was due to cheating are just dumb baseball fans. You can review that entire inning on Youtube. Chapman lost his release point on his fastball during the Springer at bat. Then, his first two pitches to Altuve were bad fastball misses. Altuve takes a half ass belt high slider for a strike. What pitch would 75% of big league hitters be looking for next? A SLIDER. Chapman then throws a hanging slider out over the plate and Altuve crushes it. Terrible pitch set up by no fastball command.
agproducer
AG
I think next week.
agproducer
AG
Ag4life80 said:

Yankees' fans who insist the Altuve game winner was due to cheating are just dumb baseball fans. You can review that entire inning on Youtube. Chapman lost his release point on his fastball during the Springer at bat. Then, his first two pitches to Altuve were bad fastball misses. Altuve takes a half ass belt high slider for a strike. What pitch would 75% of big league hitters be looking for next. A SLIDER. Chapman then throws a hanging slider out over the plate and Altuve crushes it. Terrible pitch set up by no fastball command.
Completely true.
Bonnettecj1
Ag4life80 said:

Yankees' fans who insist the Altuve game winner was due to cheating are just dumb baseball fans. You can review that entire inning on Youtube. Chapman lost his release point on his fastball during the Springer at bat. Then, his first two pitches to Altuve were bad fastball misses. Altuve takes a half ass belt high slider for a strike. What pitch would 75% of big league hitters be looking for next? A SLIDER. Chapman then throws a hanging slider out over the plate and Altuve crushes it. Terrible pitch set up by no fastball command.

Perfectly put, but that doesn't resonate with sheeple.
"Altuve cheated" is a lot easier to type and say than the logic you pointed out.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
My son found this on Youtube. Interesting little video, he showed me and I got mad at him because it was the section where the guy lays out all the ways Altuve cheated...before debunking them.

I feel bad and will have him rewatch it lol

Teddy Perkins
AG
If anyone is looking to make a fashion statement this season.

https://www.neweracap.com/All-Headwear/HOUSTON-ASTROS-STATE-FRUIT-59FIFTY-FITTED/p/60243836

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Woof. The 1979 Tampa Bay Buccaneers want their hat back.
agproducer
AG
All the New Era hat selections are terrible.
The Beef01
AG
The saddest thing for the Yankees...despite their history and the power they wield in the sports industry; they've been reduced to being the guy in the elevator with Don Draper (Astros) trying to make them feel bad/guilty and the Astros are in a place where they can legitimately say "I don't think about you at all."
CoachRTM
AG
Bought this guys as my game day hat for this year.

Coby
AG
I showed that video to my now wife. She watched the beginning, decided he was a cheater and had no reason to continue watching.

She eventually came around after we argued for a while. She basically just kept asking questions that the video of course covered.

I wonder how many others that happened to.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
You paid money for that atrocity?
CoachRTM
AG
Yep. No shame in my game - I appreciate fun headwear, especially with throwback logos
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
CoachRTM said:

Yep. No shame in my game - I appreciate fun headwear, especially with throwback logos
Do you also have a Monster energy Hat? does it possibly have an upcurved brim?

I get the throwback logo point but it is colors the Miami Marlins would even pass on using
agproducer
AG
I love the logo. The colors are atrocious.
First Page Last Page
Page 184 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.