***Official Houston Astros 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

563,381 Views | 6776 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggiEE
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

LMAO... why do this to yourself. The jinx is on for sure.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I hope they make it to the World Series and go 7 games only to lose to on a Bellinger K by Pressly. Only thing that would be sweeter than that would be whiffing on the playoffs…
Deluxe
AG
When's the last time the Dodgers or Yankees beat us in a playoff series?
Pahdz
RO519 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

9. Wagner - 5 foot nothing and pumping it in there near 100 from the left side. Game over when he was warming up

My favorite Wagner stat is he was naturally a right handed pitcher until he broke his arm at a young age. He then learned how to pitch lefty.

As a lefty that destroyed my arm at a young age, his story always gave me hope.

Doesn't Oswalt have a similar story, how his fastball was average and arm was in pain until be shocked himself working on his truck in college?
Johnsy3
AG
1. Altuve
2. Biggio
3. Berkman
4. Springer
5. Correa
6. Bagwell
7. JV
8. LMJ
9. Oswalt
10. Brantley

Born in 90
bjraggie10
AG
I had a great time at the game last night. Perfect weather down here, and I got to see some regulars. Here is Pena's RBI single coming at you! I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do this year - I snagged him with the last pick of my dynasty league draft.

Prosperdick
AG
RO519 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

9. Wagner - 5 foot nothing and pumping it in there near 100 from the left side. Game over when he was warming up

My favorite Wagner stat is he was naturally a right handed pitcher until he broke his arm at a young age. He then learned how to pitch lefty.

I seem to recall Wagner broke his right arm twice and it was the second break that really convinced him to go all in on being a southpaw.

As the other poster noted regarding Oswalt that story is also true but he had tendinitis or some pain in his arm he couldn't shake and was seriously considering giving up the game. He was working on his truck, shocked himself accidentally and voila, the pain was gone, never to return.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Prosperdick said:

RO519 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

I seem to recall Wagner broke his right arm twice and it was the second break that really convinced him to go all in on being a southpaw.

As the other poster noted regarding Oswalt that story is also true but he had tendinitis or some pain in his arm he couldn't shake and was seriously considering giving up the game. He was working on his truck, shocked himself accidentally and voila, the pain was gone, never to return.

Never heard that story about Roy O, interesting.

As far as Wagner, he is of an age where basically everyone was right handed. Personal opinion I think many millennials were "forced" into being a righty by society. If you look at the tons of folks who are cross eye dominant it leads some credence to this idea. Also the higher quantity of lefties that you see in kids today (not referring to just baseball where dad wants the kid to hit/throw lefty)

So maybe Wagner transitioned easier because he was naturally left handed.

Thread derail over
KTAG05
AG
I loved Ken Caminiti as a kid. As a little leaguer playing third, he was my guy. Also he was super cool and stayed extra long signing baseballs when a store (might have been KMart) opened across from West Oaks Mall on Highway 6. We were last in line and got to visit with his brother while we were waiting.
tjack16
AG

Surprised to see us that low
Farmer1906
AG
Crane bought it for 680 M in 2011. Nice ROI.
Mr.Bond
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Crane bought it for 680 M in 2011. Nice ROI.

Inflation
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

EastCoastAgNc
AG

They just can't quit him
Bulldog73
AG
I wonder if he'll get traded to us again too.
Beerosch
AG
BCSGrubber said:

I loved Ken Caminiti as a kid. As a little leaguer playing third, he was my guy. Also he was super cool and stayed extra long signing baseballs when a store (might have been KMart) opened across from West Oaks Mall on Highway 6. We were last in line and got to visit with his brother while we were waiting.

He did stuff like that a lot. Ran into him a handful of times growing up. A super nice guy. My favorite was when I saw him playing a game (maybe N64 or something) at Best Buy in Sugar Land once just acting like a kid. We shot the **** for a little while just playing games.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

bearkatag15
AG

Frok
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Oh please it's spring training
n_touch
Frok said:

bearkatag15 said:

True. Should probably wait to see how he does once there are real pitchers that are stretched out
Texaggie7nine

Wonder what his OPS is
7nine
astros4545
AG
Frok said:

bearkatag15 said:

I dont think you can laugh that start off after his past two years

and 10 K's in 15 at bats is truly miserable
linkdude
AG
K/contact/chase rates are some of the few spring stats that stabilize fairly quickly. Maybe not with the compressed timeline of this year. I'd be curious if most of the Ks are swinging or looking.
tjack16
AG
Thank GOODNESS this did not come to fruition

The Porkchop Express
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Joey Gallo flying Bellinger in for some pointers.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
AggiEE
tjack16 said:

There were many posters in this thread that wanted this to happen.

OPAG
AG
About time somebody who has followed the Stros from the beginning finally came on and threw JRR onto the list!
mwm
If there's a focus on sign-stealing, there must be a lot of other clubs doing it, too. Surely they wouldn't go through all that trouble if only the Astros were doing it. Right?
jkag89
You would think the opposition could argue that is not his natural hitting stance.
Ag_07
AG
AggiEE said:

tjack16 said:

There were many posters in this thread that wanted this to happen.

Here

I'll admit...I was beating the Realmuto drummer for a while.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
gougler08
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Wonder what his OPS is

I want to go to a Bananas game
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248
AG
That looks like a Dusty regular season lineup with Tucker 7th
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 174 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.