***Official Houston Astros 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

564,003 Views | 6776 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggiEE
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The window is wide open
tylercsbn9
AG
I'm am extremely confused.

I was expecting some long term 7-10 year deal with 25-30 million a year. I'm just dumbfounded. I know he can be injury prone but I wouldnt think that would lead to a deal like this.

3/135 was what he went with? That's the best he could get? Why such a short deal? And the opt outs. Unless the other offers out there weren't true. This deal makes zero sense, unless Correa just wanted out of Houston no matter what. But I would have imagined there were better long term offers than this.

Also **** Crane. I understand losing him to some 10/300 million deal to somewhere like Baltimore but you couldn't even match a 3/105 ****ing million? For your top overall franchise player?

You let Springer and Cole walk and the justification was to pay someone like Correa. Cheapass will probably do the same with Tucker and Yordon
YNWA_AG
AG
Crane must not have given Correa the year one opt out
RO519
AG
Wtf
spadilly
spadilly
S
I'm just….how did we not match it? The clubhouse leader. The captain of the squad. I freaking allowed myself to believe he would come back. Just gutted that it was an offer we could have afforded. Man….
AggiEE
YNWA_AG said:

Crane must not have given Correa the year one opt out

Why the **** would he care? If your choice is between an extra year of Correa for 35M or nothing at all, that's a pretty ****ing good deal. If he leaves, he leaves.

This is the stupidest **** I've ever heard.

And I think Correa got played by Boras. 3 year deal! You know he totally persuaded him to go for it. What a snake that guy is

Lmfao….good luck if he regresses or gets injured badly next year

If the 360/10 deal was on the table he's an idiot for not taking it.
Faustus
Nm
txag614
How the **** do you not match that?
Coby
AG
Prediction: Correa is trading around the deadline next year to a contender for prospects. If he doesn't think he can contend with them the following year, he opts out.
Ag_07
AG
Really odd situation

Nothing about any of this makes sense.
KTAG05
AG
He is going to be a free agent next offseason. The money dried up post lockout for the mega deal. Boras needs his $$$.

If Crane offered 5 years 160M then he isn't cheap he just doesn't want to be held hostage.
redline248
AG
Rage

RAGE RAGE RAGE

I'll settle down, but right now MFMFMFRAGEBALLSACK
BMX Bandit
Strange deal from twins perspective as well. Unless as was said above plan is to deal him at the deadline
Farmer1906
AG
Just woke up and saw…. What an odd deal. I'm not even sure what to think. Seems like something we should have matched easily. It's basically 1/35 M. Why wouldn't we do that? I'll wait and see how things shake out with Story, but I'd guess it's pretty unlikely.
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
How soon before a Tucker or Alvarez extension get announced? Crane and Click are going to get murdered by the fan base and potentially even some players.
BMX Bandit
I don't hate not giving him an opt out after 1 year. Sets too bad a precedent IMO. Players should be mad at Carlos also if they are mad at ownership over this. My guess is vast majority won't be mad as it's "just business"
Coog97
Hey, he got the higher AAV than Lindor that everyone said he wouldn't get, even if it's only for three years… more like one.
CoachRTM
AG
I have a weird feeling that Carlos isn't done playing for the Astros.

Frustrating we didn't match that deal, but I guess Crane didn't want to deal with the never ending opt out options.
Harry Dunne
Quote:

Pathetic. Paid Lance and his noodle arm $85 million over five years but isn't willing to pay the voice of the locker room noodle back/ribs/thumb/ankle this contract.
Harry Dunne
I look forward to not going through the "will he come back?!?!" drama the next two offseasons after he plays 110 games again and still thinks there's a better deal out there for him.
Farmer1906
AG
What are the odds we see Carlos in the playoffs this year? The Twins will be out of it before the All Star break. If CC is having. A good year, a contender will come calling.
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

What are the odds we see Carlos in the playoffs this year? The Twins will be out of it before the All Star break. If CC is having. A good year, a contender will come calling.
Maybe it'll be us. It would be next level genius not to pay him for all the games he's going to miss during the season but then pick him up when he is at his best in the postseason.
redline248
AG
If the Astros wouldn't give him a contract with an opt out after 1 year, they aren't going to trade prospects away for an opt out after 2 months.
Harry Dunne
redline248 said:

If the Astros wouldn't give him a contract with an opt out after 1 year, they aren't going to trade prospects away for an opt out after 2 months.
you're right, if they had a chance to win another title they would never trade any prospects whatsoever for one of the best postseason players in the history of baseball after they smartly avoided overpaying him for most of the season.
Farmer1906
AG
Unrelated to CC

Lol

MaxPower
Very frustrating they wouldn't match that. Time to move on. Hopefully Peña is as good as they think and hopefully they aren't going cheap now (patrol currently lower this year than last even with a boost in the tax threshold).
Ag_07
AG
I still don't get any of this.

Are the Twins any better than the Orioles? Why not take the Orioles deal?

Sounds to me it was all about getting multiple opt outs. Which I'm not completely opposed to but I also get how Crane would want more of a commitment instead of an opt after each of the first two years.
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

The window is wide open

Correct
EABC_AG
Really hope the Astros have one more move in them this offseason to shore up the offense. Acquiring an offensive focused corner outfielder and moving Tucker to center is my preference.
Chrundle the Great
AG
What a slimy turn of events that only benefits Scott Boras, especially if the O's offer was legit. **** him.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

bearkatag15 said:

The window is wide open

Correct

Ass

Wide ass open

Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

You called it.
Frok
AG
Just lost my confidence in Click and Crane. Absolutely stupid for letting Correa get away for that.
First Page Last Page
Page 153 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.