***Official Houston Astros 2021-22 Offseason Thread***

563,475 Views | 6776 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggiEE
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yuli just hit a bomb.
linkdude
AG
Piña power to left field! 4-0
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Pedro Leon Dinger.

It would be nice if Leon could take over CF this year.
. . .
linkdude
AG
From Tags
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Yuli is so entertaining to watch spin on a ball
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

Pedro Leon Dinger.

Maybe, but let's not sleep on Chas, new Jake, and Siri. All 3 showed some serious flashes last year. Leon didn't exactly set the world on fire in the minors. Which shouldn't be a surprise since he was out of baseball for around 2 years.
TREX01
Unfortunately Chas, Jake and Siri are all just platoon guys at their ceiling. Leon MIGHT be an average to above everyday player. Give him every chance.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Farmer1906 said:

nm
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

Pedro Leon Dinger.

Maybe, but let's not sleep on Chas, new Jake, and Siri. All 3 showed some serious flashes last year. Leon didn't exactly set the world on fire in the minors. Which shouldn't be a surprise since he was out of baseball for around 2 years.

Absolutely. I'm not sleeping on any of them, but I'm not sold on any of them being a long term solution in center. Leon is young and the time off hurt his development. I'm excited to see if he can put it all together.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
TREX01 said:

Unfortunately Chas, Jake and Siri are all just platoon guys at their ceiling. Leon MIGHT be an average to above everyday player. Give him every chance.
Well all 3 were above average offensively and defensively last year. Maybe it was all just dumb luck and a small sample size or maybe they've already passed your ceiling for them.
Farmer1906
AG
I would bet JV's endorsement actually matters to Dusty.
spadilly
S
I know ZG isn't here any longer, but this is hilarious:

Farmer1906
AG
https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/james-click-on-astros-future-carlos-correa
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The article should be titled "how to say nothing using as many words as possible"
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

The article should be titled "how to say nothing using as many words as possible"
Posted it before I read it. And agree 1000000%. Click basically gave nonanswers to everything.
JABQ04
AG
Been out and about running errands all afternoon and now waiting to pick my son from school and it's been enjoyable hearing Robert Ford and Steve Sparks on the radio again!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
TREX01
Farmer1906 said:

TREX01 said:

Well all 3 were above average offensively and defensively last year. Maybe it was all just dumb luck and a small sample size or maybe they've already passed your ceiling for them.
Those guys collectively struck out 32% of the time last year. If you throw them all together they had about a season worth of plate appearances and would have been one of the worst strikeout totals in the league. This was all in a small sample size for each one. Time will tell but we cant have a 3 man platoon in CF.
linkdude
AG
Baby Astros plus Diaz putting it on the Cards in their last AB.
Farmer1906
AG
TREX01 said:

Farmer1906 said:

TREX01 said:

Those guys collectively struck out 32% of the time last year. If you throw them all together they had about a season worth of plate appearances and would have been one of the worst strikeout totals in the league. This was all in a small sample size for each one. Time will tell but we cant have a 3 man platoon in CF.
I agree, the strike outs were bad. I voiced that issue several times last year.

But, as you said, the guys collectively played about a year's worth per PAs.

Would you take this CFer?
.263 AVG
.323 OBP
.460 SLG
.783 OPS
3.3 WAR
32.1 K%
16 OOA

Its very similar to this outfielder who just got 4/60,000,000 - Chris Taylor
.254 AVG
.344OBP
.438 SLG
.782 OPS
3.1 WAR
28.7 K%
-3 OOA

And this one too who just got 3/36,000,000 - Jorge Soler
.223 AVG
.316 OBP
.432 SLG
.749 OPS
-0.2 WAR (terrible defender and not a CFer)
23.6 K%
-7 OOA

I remember this rookie in our system a handful of years back. He turned out okay. - George Springer
.231 AVG
.336 OBP
.468 SLG
.804 OPS
1.9 WAR (Only 345 PA)
33.0 K%

I don't want to alarm you, but Pedro Leon had a K% north of 30 in the minors last year.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer you provide some of the best and most in depth reply burns on this thread.

Bravo Sir Bravo
Farmer1906
AG
Thanks, I think, but I am not trying to burn anyone. I just like talking ball and try to make my case when I disagree with someone.
Beat40
Plus, George figured out how to cut down the strikeouts. Not like it's impossible to do.
Farmer1906
AG
Exactly.

Someone like Siri worries me because he's struck out big at every level.

New Jake was sub 20% in AAA last year and right at 20% in AA in 2019.

Similarly, ChazzyFiz was 15.1% in AAA & 12.6% in AA in 2019.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Agree, not a burn per-say just not sure what terms fits better...but your responses are so well organized and fact based. Its fabulous
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
FYI, tomorrow's game is on TV, Blum and Kalas are doing the broadcast.
. . .
Quote:

Thank you Houston.

Thank you to the Astros organization for the great moments in the past 10 years.

Thank you to the fans for embracing me as one of your own. From a 17 year old boy to a 27 year old father you've seen me grow, and you've shown me your love and support

Thank you to my former teammates for making me the player and person I am today. We will always be family.

Now it's time to say goodbye but the memories will live on forever

Love you H-Town

Minnesota let's get to work. My family and I are excited for this new chapter. Looking forward to seeing you all at Target Field
https://instagr.am/p/Cbdne2Uurvs
Ags #1
AG
And brooks raleys burner account , will miss the banter about raley and his stats
Frok
AG
. . . said:

Quote:

Thank you Houston.

Thank you to the Astros organization for the great moments in the past 10 years.

Thank you to the fans for embracing me as one of your own. From a 17 year old boy to a 27 year old father you've seen me grow, and you've shown me your love and support

Thank you to my former teammates for making me the player and person I am today. We will always be family.

Now it's time to say goodbye but the memories will live on forever

Love you H-Town

Minnesota let's get to work. My family and I are excited for this new chapter. Looking forward to seeing you all at Target Field
https://instagr.am/p/Cbdne2Uurvs

Farmer1906
AG
Ags #1 said:

And brooks raleys burner account , will miss the banter about raley and his stats
Still not that bad. He'll kill it in Tampa.
Ags #1
AG
Probably so but we all cant have our meltdowns over him coming in a high leverage situation
First Page Last Page
Page 168 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.