Tough way to end

3,419 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ihatefallscounty
ViewFromTheSidelines
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hate to see a game end that way. Bad call
annie88
AG
That was some grade A BS right there.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Malibu
As a Dodgers fan so hyped up right now, wanna see it end clean. Should have ended with a legit K. That's baseball. That's life. It's bittersweet.
annie88
AG
Dodgers are ass hole.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I was at this game along the first base line. Whole stadium was deflated
-Ben There/R.C.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Bummer way to end an all time classic game.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
As a Giants fan, I was heartbroken with a 2-1 loss to the Dodgers in the NL Division Series Game 5 at Oracle Park. As a result, the Giants' magical season comes to an end. By winning 107 regular season games, the Giants ended the 106-win Dodgers run of 8 consecutive NL West division titles. I knew the first ever playoff series between the Giants and Dodgers was going to be very tight. After the Giants led the series 2-1, they lost Game 4 7-2 and Game 5 2-1 to lose the series 3-2.

However, I am proud of the Giants for defying the odds all season long. In the pandemic shortened 60-game season in 2020, the Giants finished 29-21 and far behind the Dodgers and the San Diego Padres. Before this season, I did not think the Giants would win more than 84 regular season games and finish better than 3rd in the tough NL West. They won a franchise record 107 games to steal the NL West away from the Dodgers.
Malibu
Magical season for both teams. I hope we run the table as an epilogue to what was one of the greatest games, series, and season for both teams.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Malibu2 said:

Magical season for both teams. I hope we run the table as an epilogue to what was one of the greatest games, series, and season for both teams.
Yes, it was. This division series will probably determine the NL Champion. I don't think the Atlanta Braves will beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 4 times. If the Giants had advanced to the NLCS, I don't think the Braves would beat the Giants 4 times either. I am predicting the Houston Astros will beat the Boston Red Sox in the AL Championship Series. We could have an Astros vs Dodgers rematch 4 years later. If that happens, I will root for the Astros again like I did in 2017 because I despise the Dodgers.
Malibu
Fair enough.
75AG
AG
No professional umpire should EVER make that call on the last out of a championship game. That's just a total bull**** call.
TarponChaser
Dodgers suck.
Propane & Accessories
AG
Yeah the "Checked swing heard around the World"... It was a good series and a great year for the Giants hope we can load up on talent and return next year. That ending taints it a bit though...kinda like an LSU lineman in the neutral zone.
Frok
AG
75AG said:

No professional umpire should EVER make that call on the last out of a championship game. That's just a total bull**** call.

Check swings are hard to call live. Umps make mistakes. The egregious thing is that you can't review it. Why not?
75AG
AG
Frok said:

75AG said:

Check swings are hard to call live. Umps make mistakes. The egregious thing is that you can't review it. Why not?
Umpire HAS to be aware of the situation. 6th inning, sure. 9th inning of an April game, maybe. Third strike of the last out of division championship game, bull***** He should be fired, or at least suspended for several games next year.
BCSWguru
was it angel?
TXAggie2011
AG
75AG said:

Frok said:

75AG said:

Umpire HAS to be aware of the situation. 6th inning, sure. 9th inning of an April game, maybe. Third strike of the last out of division championship game, bull***** He should be fired, or at least suspended for several games next year.
Umpires these days, with all the technology and replays available to everyone, take an increasing amount of crap for being inconsistent. Asking them to change how they umpire depending on situations is just putting them further into an impossible spot.

Check swings probably should be reviewable.
Beechcraft AG 91
AG
75AG said:

Frok said:

75AG said:

75Ag I think your original outrage is spot on. That wasn't a swing in any inning of any game. Him calling that in that situation cheapened the game. MLB should not give him a pass on that
OneMoonGoon92
AG
Make up call for the regular season loss the Dodgers had to the Giants when clearly the Giant player struck out but no call and on next pitch hit a shot to score 2 and win the game. Calls are part of the game. Sometimes you get them and sometimes you dont. Go Dodgers!
BTKAG97
AG
Go Braves!!!
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
75AG said:

FIFY

No umpire should EVER make that call on the last out of a championship game.

Let me include in the 9th inning of any close game unless it is so obvious you have to call it.

NewWaveDave
AG
Look at it this way. With the crappiest umpire of all time, Joe West, retiring someone has to step in and fill his very large shoes as the worst. That person is Gabe Morales. Its the circle of life.
Ihatefallscounty
AG
God I hate the Dodgers
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.