New Cheating Allegations - Beltre, Utley, Judge, Royals, Yankees, Dodgers, Rangers

10,711 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

aTm2004
AG
Finally?

South Platte
Oh no. Whatever will we do . . . .
Farmer1906
AG
I think everyone listed should lose a couple first and second round draft picks. Fair?
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
Throw in banning their managers and GMs from baseball for a year, and I'm good.

Oh, almost forgot: throw in forcing Manfred's resignation, then I'm good.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16
AG
IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Astros were the only team to EVER cheat in baseball. I was told this by national media and fans. No way other teams could have done this. ORANGE TEAM BAD BANG BANG BUZZ BUZZ
BohunkAg
AG
BeowulfShaeffer said:

No joke. Only idiots believed the Astros were the only ones doing it. All the crap the Astros have caught over it has been ridiculous. Also, Mike Fiers should be publicly executed.
Mathguy64
AG
Mike Fiers should be publicly executed for this:

And for hitting up 15 year old girls.

Baseball is a distant third.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

I hope for Josh's sake it all does come out. That dude has been pretty unfairly treated.
Farmer1906
AG
Josh never cheated.

People are made at a piece of laundry. It just proves it when guys who either weren't with Houston or were in the minors/college/high school and are called cheaters because they now wear an Astro uniform.
CoachRTM
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Josh never cheated.

People are made at a piece of laundry. It just proves it when guys who either weren't with Houston or were in the minors/college/high school and are called cheaters because they now wear an Astro uniform.

Posting my comment from Twitter. Judge should be under a giant microscope. He looked supremely confident, almost unnatural in 2017 with how good he was.

Ever since 2017, he has looked lost at the plate in comparison, almost like he doesn't know what pitch is coming.
bluefire579
AG
I really hope *something* comes from this, but I'm not hopeful. Every bit of info that's come out in this regard has been swept under the rug, and the Astros continue to be the scapegoat.
Wabs
AG
I'm sure MLB will go in and investigate the Yankees and Dodgers as thoroughly as they did the Astros. And they'll release a report, too.

Carlo4
AG
BeowulfShaeffer said:

In agreement with both of you. If it was me, I'd kick out GMs and coaches for life. I'd also ban players/coaches/personnel getting into the HOF. If you're already in the HOF, you're kicked out.

If we aren't including the roided players, why stop at this... this also snowballs into a bigger question as 99% of the HOF should be banned for doing something at some point, right?

Farmer1906
AG
Couple more added.

South Platte
This guy is crazy. He probably hangs out with that Houston Fox 26 girl that went bonkers on live TV the other day.

We're probably only a day or two away from him outing Ted Williams and the Babe. Cheaters. All of them.
jkag89
BeowulfShaeffer said:

I'd almost be good with the second part of that. Who would of thought that any Commissioner of Baseball would make me long for the days of effin' Bud Selig.
Farmer1906
AG
South Platte said:

This guy is crazy. He probably hangs out with that Houston Fox 26 girl that went bonkers on live TV the other day.

We're probably only a day or two away from him outing Ted Williams and the Babe. Cheaters. All of them.

So you don't believe it?
MelvinUdall
Farmer1906 said:

South Platte said:

So you don't believe it?

Of course not, it doesn't fit his narrative that the Astros were the only ones that cheated.
option short side
AG
Why couldn't Beltre's "buddy" travel to away games with his wifebeater & binoculars?
AustinAg2K
This is fascinating. Listening to The Edge podcast now, which I think was released a year ago. It's all about the Astros sign stealing. In the episode I'm listening to, they are taking about the Astros catching other teams. They caught the Yankees with a camera and cell phone in center. They caught a guy at a Rangers game with binoculars relaying signs. They Rangers said the person didn't work for them. The episode didn't mention Beltre, but now I'm pretty sure that was probably his buddy. The tweets don't mention it, but they also found a tv monitor in a suite next to the Indians dugout positioned so the players could see it.

Interestingly, they also interviewed Chase Utley. He was the Dodgers expert on stealing signs. He claimed he never did it real time during games, but would rather study up the night before the game. He basically had the same reputation as Carlos Beltran.

Apparently, the Astros ran a massive operation to catch other teams stealing signs. I'm guessing other teams were, too.

There is enough corroborating evidence that makes me 100% believe these tweets. I even kind of believe the Twins thing. It probably didn't do anything, but I bet they tried it.
Mathguy64
AG
The Twins deal with opening and closing doors for the wind tunnel effect was real.
Frok
AG
I went to some games there as a kid, that stadium would literally blow you out of it when you left.
JWinTX
Baseball is a sport that has a legacy of cheating to get an advantage. It's in the fabric of the game. Steal signs, use substances to get better pitches/hits, and use drugs to enhance your career numbers. What the Astros did was sheety, but I've never begrudged them their title. You got away with it and won a title. No different than almost any other champion in baseball.

What bugs me is that this never comes to light if the Astros don't beat NYY and LAD, the two blue bloods of MLB. These leagues love having a dynasty, and if one takes its place, they don't get to do
It easily. It's like the Sips and their media and lawyers in Texas, ready to pounce on schools below them
To knock them down away from the field. It's very chicken shot if you ask me.
BCSWguru
gonna go out on a limb here and assume the Pirates and Orioles arent cheating
Farmer1906
AG
You'd be wrong.
Farmer1906
AG
rangerdanger
AG
Baseball is all about cheating. You got your game fixing, pine tarring, sign stealing, roid romping, and can banging. It's been in the game since the beginning and will be with it forever.
Wabs
AG
rangerdanger said:

Baseball is all about cheating. You got your game fixing, pine tarring, sign stealing, roid romping, and can banging. It's been in the game since the beginning and will be with it forever.
Interesting. Most fans and national media are (and have been) acting like the Astros are the only team in MLB history to cheat.
rangerdanger
AG
Wabs said:

rangerdanger said:

Interesting. Most fans and national media are (and have been) acting like the Astros are the only team in MLB history to cheat.

Yup and it's wrong. I'm not an Astros fan, but I know the game has always been dirty. I chalk it up to them being stupid enough by not being subtle about it through banging loud trash cans. But as you can see from the tweets, they all do something.
wangus12
AG
If only there was video evidence

aTm2004
AG
Here's Cole complaining he can't use tacky substances anymore. So, let me ask this...if pitchers are now crying (Cole hasn't been the only one) they can no longer use foreign substances to get better control/spin on the ball, thus have better pitchers, was what the Astros did really that bad? I mean, you have to cheat to even the playing field with a cheater.

DrZ
AG
The Atlanta Braves had their general manager banned from baseball for life in 2017 for cheating.
The St Louis Cardinals had a guy sent to prison in 2016 for cheating.
The Red Sox were punished for sign stealing aka cheating
The Yankees were punished for sign stealing aka cheating prior to the Astros

No one has ever said the Astros didn't cheat. Just quit being such hypocrites. Treat everyone the same. This latest information will probably just get overlooked like everything else so all these punks can keep yelling
F Altuve.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.