***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,838,814 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bad April starts can haunt a team. Look no further than the 2016 Astros

April was 7-17. Finished 84-78 and missed wild card by 5 games.
Had we started .500, we are in the playoffs

Not saying this team is doing that. But don't discount a bad start as nothing. Of course the same can be said the opposite way (2019 nationals and 2005 Astros).
agproducer
AG
How the **** do you look at that??
Gap
AG
Current batting averages of our outfield rotation:

Brantley .308
Straw .200
McCormick .176
Tucker .172
Aggie8587
AG
Aggie8587 said:

Maldonado now 3 for his last 36
Update: 3 for his last 37 with 19 strikeouts. Average down to .081
tjack16
AG
You know for a lot less money than Maldonado makes, I could go up there and watch a perfect pitch go by for strike 3 every at bat
aggie0109
AG
Is Puig still unsigned?
agproducer
AG
tjack16 said:

You know for a lot less money than Maldonado makes, I could go up there and watch a perfect pitch go by for strike 3 every at bat

But, could you squat all day?
bearkatag15
AG
agproducer said:

That Tucker fly out would have been out of 27 of 30 parks.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
aggie0109 said:

Is Puig still unsigned?
There are allegations of abuse against him by a woman. He's radioactive, no one is signing him at this point.
aggie0109
AG
Ahh didn't know that
tjack16
AG
agproducer said:

tjack16 said:

But, could you squat all day?

Tell click I'll do it for $1 MM in my ripped jeans and put the difference towards a good CF
MaxPower
Tucker has hit the ball hard. Seems only a matter of time for him. Machete.....well he's a disaster.
bearkatag15
AG
Available Free Agent OFs

scrimp
AG
Why Toro? I don't get it.
agproducer
AG
At this point, I can't wait for Pedro Leon to get his minor league ABs. We need a CF. Chas is a corner OF. Straw had shown he isn't the answer.

Farmer1906
AG
MaxPower said:

Tucker has hit the ball hard. Seems only a matter of time for him. Machete.....well he's a disaster.
Yup.

I do think the contract negotiation was messing with this head some based on some comments he made today. He's never been all that good offensively. His crazy amount of walks from last year wasn't realistic to keep moving forward. Plus he ain't getting any younger.
Beat40
It's borderline criminal that Yuli is not in one of the top 4 slots, at least until Altuve gets back.
redline248
AG
Beat40 said:

It's borderline criminal that Yuli is not in one of the top 4 slots, at least until Altuve gets back.
I was serious when I suggested he should be leadoff until Altuve is back
3B Paul 97
AG
What could we sign Ricky Henderson for?
agproducer
AG
And Yordan is not even used
RO519
AG
Welp...
MaxPower
bearkatag15 said:

Available Free Agent OFs

You would have to trade for one. If you extend Correa then you can use Pena as a trade chip (when healthy).
Beerosch
AG
Available means you just have to agree to terms on a contract. They're currently free agents. Kinda like me. I'm still waiting on offers though.
txag614
Dusty is terrible.
W
AG
situation not good.

I think the more the Astros struggle and such...the less likely a Correa extension
W
AG
Machete is 3 for 37 at the plate with 3 walks and 1 GiDP.

mega-woof

tjack16
AG
We are really good at getting the 9th inning run or two when the game is already out of hand
scrimp
AG
The Astros need a CF, not just an OF. That cuts down the list considerably. On the list you posted, now it is guys that are on the downhill side of their careers (think Josh Reddick buy CF) or AAA guys.

Cameron Maybin (not on that list) is not on a roster right now as far as I can tell. I see something about speculation of a Cubs minor league deal--not sure how that works for other teams that might be looking at him. He may be a stopgap--decent speed, average CF, serviceable with the bat.

tjack16
AG
Was Souza really that bad to where we had to cut him before the opener? He can't be worse than what we have at CF
ClickClack
AG
txag614 said:

Dusty is terrible.

I miss hinch too but everybody said most of the same things about him. I'm not sure how this is on dusty. Our guys aren't hitting and our bullpen isn't very good. Or at least not performing at the moment.

Not to mention we lost 4 key guys to COVID and just played our two coldest games in Astros history, one in the snow.
htxag09
AG
I'm really not that upset about yordan not getting in either. We were one batter away from him being in for the biggest situation of the game. Would have sucked if we had already burned him for the pitcher with no on and two outs in the eighth then have bases loaded in the 9th with machete up.
Farmer1906
AG
mwm
It's time for Dusty to be checked into the assisted living facility. And, while you're at it, send Tucker to push Dusty's wheelchair around. Disgusting.
TRM
AG
If we let him go last year, we were set to win the WS this year.
k20dub
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.