***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,846,650 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I got used to those 8:10 games last season. So tired this morning.
Ag_07
AG
linkdude said:

To anyone with MLB.tv, the Mariners - Giants game in extras has been good to switch over to once the Astros game ended.

Dude...Just go to bed

I'm dragging ass this morning
Marvin
AG
What a great way to start baseball last night.

My hyperbolic overreaction from one game- 2020 was a complete anomaly for Altuve and Bregman.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
MaxPower
It's an "early" game tonight.
Farmer1906
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Walt Dropo is a great, relatively unknown story. Played all three big sports at UConn and got drafted in the first round of the BAA draft (predecessor to the NBA) in 1947 as well as in the 9th round of the NFL draft by the Bears - he was 6'5 220. Turned down both offers to sign with the Red Sox, and in his first real year, hit .322 with 34 homers and 144 RBI, won rookie of the year over Whitey Ford, made the all-star team, etc.

Fractured his wrist the next year and never topped 30 HR or 100 RBI again. Had a couple of good seasons, but never hit .300 again either.

Farmer1906
AG
Wow. Nice pull. I had no idea who he was.
All I do is Nguyen
There is NOTHING I love more than seeing all the fans with the trash can signs, the "Astros cheated" signs and the Stros STILL dominate on the road BAHAHAHA SUCK IT HATERS!!!
No matter what
CFTXAG10
AG
Along those lines I cannot wait to cheer my a** off for the team on Thursday and hopefully the city as a whole will show up big and let them know we got their back

I was talking to my brother yesterday and couldn't believe the last time I was in person for a game was G7 of the 19' World Series that we went to. So frickin' ready to get back in the juicebox!
All I do is Nguyen
So is Correa really gone? I just read a story that he's going to get a big long contract he wants in free agency. I'd hate to lose him, but his production over the last year or two hasn't been the greatest I guess.
No matter what
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
He gone
astros4545
AG
Superb Sasquatch said:

So is Correa really gone? I just read a story that he's going to get a big long contract he wants in free agency. I'd hate to lose him, but his production over the last year or two hasn't been the greatest I guess.

He's going to find that most teams don't have $300M to spend

And the ones that do will go after Seager, Story more
Mathguy64
AG
astros4545 said:

Superb Sasquatch said:

The team part is spot on. That list is Mets Yankees and Dodgers. That's really it. I guess you can add the Angels because Arte Moreno is an idiot who has shown he will overspend for anyone any time. The Mets no longer need him, the Yankees will have to pay Judge and the rest of their team and the Dodgers already won't pay that for Seager. In the end Correa may find that no one will pony that up.
JJxvi
AG
The dumbest possible team is going to sign him (The Rangers)
All I do is Nguyen
Mathguy64 said:

astros4545 said:

Superb Sasquatch said:

The team part is spot on. That list is Mets Yankees and Dodgers. That's really it. I guess you can add the Angels because Arte Moreno is an idiot who has shown he will overspend for anyone any time. The Mets no longer need him, the Yankees will have to pay Judge and the rest of their team and the Dodgers already won't pay that for Seager. In the end Correa may find that no one will pony that up.
Well hopefully he realizes the Astros made him a decent offer, and the FO probably feels that he has to prove he can get back to his former glory before they pony up any more cash.
No matter what
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64 said:

astros4545 said:

Superb Sasquatch said:

The Marlins have money to spend, and they're starting to come out of their rebuild. I'm sure Jeter loves a good shortstop, so he might spend big.
Ag_07
AG
Former glory? The guy went nuts in the playoff just a few months ago.

He can produce.

Question is longevity and hence the reason why the long contract he wants is an issue for the Astros.
JJxvi
AG
Correa can also easily have the type of season this year that vaults perception of him above Story and comparable with Seager, IMO (Hope so)
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Guy I have to admit that I was not in Opening Day form. The game came on the end of a 4hr drive, after work. I fell asleep in the recliner around 11, woke up in the bottom of the ninth so I rewound to watch how we scored....and fell asleep again. I'm so ashamed. I ended up waking up at 5:45 with a huge crick in my neck.

Enjoyed catching up on here this morning though.
Mathguy64
AG
Don't feel bad. I was watching in bed and fell out when Enoli was on the bump. I vaguely remember them doing the Astros After Dark bit. When I came back to life ZG was in his presser.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Don't feel bad. I was watching in bed and fell out when Enoli was on the bump. I vaguely remember them doing the Astros After Dark bit. When I came back to life ZG was in his presser.

Nothing super eventful happened in the late innings. Besides back to back jacks and breaking the A's will in dominating fashion
Deluxe
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Guy I have to admit that I was not in Opening Day form. The game came on the end of a 4hr drive, after work. I fell asleep in the recliner around 11, woke up in the bottom of the ninth so I rewound to watch how we scored....and fell asleep again. I'm so ashamed. I ended up waking up at 5:45 with a huge crick in my neck.

Enjoyed catching up on here this morning though.
Good news is you have 161+ chances to redeem yourself
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
The really sad part is I actually thought I had watched most of the game between the initial time and the rewind. Then y'all mentioned a Brantley HR and. Bregman HR and I was like well hell...

I do recall seeing kid rock pitching and wondering who that was. I'll be better tonight. 1-0 baby tied for best in the league. And the Yanks are tied for dead last
bearkatag15
AG

Dallas Braden can EAD. Hypocrite
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I guess I'm just getting old and can't hack the late night games like you young whipper snappers in your fancy jeans that got ripped up by a weed wacker
tjack16
AG
Astros are 1-0 when I wear the ripped jeans
astros4545
AG
tjack16
AG

Mathguy64
AG
Gorman was consistent. That's all you can ask. I would rather be consistent and bad than random and bad.
Ag_07
AG
I can't stand that guy. He's such a tool
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

I can't stand that guy. He's such a tool

Watching him meltdown when we beat them in the ALDS was so satisfying
bigjag19
AG
tjack16 said:

Better start shelling out stupid money for more ripped jeans.
Mathguy64
AG
bigjag19 said:

tjack16 said:

Better start shelling out stupid money for more ripped jeans.

He only needs the one set. And they stay on his skinny legs 24/7 as long as the wins are rolling.

I don't make the rules. But them's the rules. You stay on the ****ter. You keep pounding the same make and model of booze. You keep the same magic boxers on. You don't take the holey jeans off.
Ag_07
AG
bluefire579
AG
tjack16 said:

You know what you have to do
First Page Last Page
Page 27 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.