***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,828,023 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On the note of Correa's potential free agent suitors, I thought I'd pull together the list.

Oakland: Elvis Andrus for 3 more years
Anaheim: Love to spend, so maybe
Texas: Love to screw us, but just doesn't seem likely
Seattle: Doesn't spend on big FA

Chicago White Sox: Tim Anderson - cheap for 4 more years
Cleveland: Won't pay Lindor, certainly won't pay Correa
Kansas City: Not a spender
Minnesota: Simmons is a FA after this year. Possibility
Detroit: Not spending

New York Yankees: Gleybor Torres
Baltimore: Not spending
Toronto: Bo Bichette
Boston: Xander Boegarts, unless they want to move him to 2nd.
Tampa: Not signing large FA contracts

New York Mets: Lindor
Atlanta: Dansby Swanson
Miami: Maybe. They may feel like they can contend soon and are on the rise.
Washington: Trea Turner
Philadelphia: Possibility. Didi Gregorious under contract for another year

Chicago Cubs: In rebuild mode currently, but have the money. They'd extend Baez first.
Pittsburgh: No way
St. Louis: Not sure how much they like Paul de Jong, but he is under control for 4 more years.
Milwaukee: No quality SS to speak of, so maybe. But not a ton of history of these kind of contracts.
Cincinnati: Hard to say.

Arizona: nobody, but would be surprising.
LA Dodgers: They'd pay Seager if they wanted to sign a big SS
San Diego: Tatis
San Francisco: Real possibility
Colorado: They'd pay Story if they wanted to

So thats Anaheim, Minnesota, Miami, Philly, Milwaukee, Arizona, and San Francisco. Twins, Arizona and Milwaukee all feel like longshots to spend that kind of money on a long term contract right now. There will also be Story, Baez, Seager available. Chris Taylor could be a really nice addition for teams in need of a SS too.

All that to say, theres really not many options for Correa to go to considering he's probably 4th in that pecking order of top tier available short stops.
Deluxe
AG
Baltimore is actually an interesting possibility IMO. It might be a year or two early for them to hand out a mega deal, but they've been stocking up the farm and could start building around him and Rutschman. That would get some fans back into the stands at the very least. They've also got the Elias GM connection.
RO519
AG
Watching Enoli get out of that jam was awesome. Kid was pumped when he got the 3rd out. Good on Dusty for having confidence in his young pitchers.
tjack16
AG
Philly would be really intriguing. They are spending a lot of money for mediocre results.. so maybe they think that's the move to put them over the Mets and Braves in that division

The Angels is the place I'm most afraid of that he could go. Don't want to face Carlos 19 times a season. If he leaves, let it be for an NL team like Miami or Philly so we don't have to face him a lot
EastCoastAgNc
AG
RO519 said:

Watching Enoli get out of that jam was awesome. Kid was pumped when he got the 3rd out. Good on Dusty for having confidence in his young pitchers.
Watching him get into it however...
RO519
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

RO519 said:

Watching him get into it however...
Lot of games left to play. Opening day jitters?
Farmer1906
AG
Javier goes 5 and it's a one run game or less. Who's got the the 6th, 7th, & 8th? Assuming Pressly in the 9th, Parades is unavailable.
Mathguy64
AG
Raley, Abreu and Taylor who only threw 5 pitches last night.
tjack16
AG
Seeing Peredes get out of the jam told me a lot more than him getting into it. It was his first time pitching in front of fans at the big league level. And not a friendly crowd. I think him getting out of the jam was huge for him and for the team
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Javier goes 5 and it's a one run game or less. Who's got the the 6th, 7th, & 8th? Assuming Pressly in the 9th, Parades is unavailable.

I think we can piece it together with the usual guys tonight, but that means tomorrow would probly be the Abreu extended relief piggy back game. But we gotta throw him into the fire at some point.
07ag
AG
PoppaB05 said:

Buck Compton said:

Bregxit said:

Buck Compton said:

Greinke working out with the 2.5 pounders
Rotator cuff exercise
On his non-throwing arm........

Non throwing..... for now. Training to be the first switch pitcher.
https://ts.la/eric59704
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

I think we can piece it together with the usual guys tonight, but that means tomorrow would probly be the Abreu extended relief piggy back game. But we gotta throw him into the fire at some point.

You're going to have to help me out. Who are the usually guys this year? I figure Pressly, Parades, Smith, & Baez get more of the high leverage spots. With Taylor getting the lefty situations. Raley when he's not available or in a lower leverage spot.
Ags #1
AG
So who should we have our relief pitcher throw at today? One of those bean balls was intentional imo. Time for some payback if the spot is right
tjack16
AG

If you ever think you have too many Astros hats You don't
All I do is Nguyen
bluefire579 said:

tjack16 said:

Astros are 1-0 when I wear the ripped jeans
You know what you have to do
No matter what
wangus12
AG
Frok said:

Crap, I'm getting sleepy. I'm not in midseason form for Astros after dark yet.

Not gonna lie. I fell asleep right after the B2B last night
3B Paul 97
AG
tjack16 said:

Astros are 1-0 when I wear the ripped jeans

Hopefully Forever 21 has a sale soon so you can load up.
cc10106
EastCoastAgNc said:

Mathguy64 said:

astros4545 said:

Superb Sasquatch said:

So is Correa really gone? I just read a story that he's going to get a big long contract he wants in free agency. I'd hate to lose him, but his production over the last year or two hasn't been the greatest I guess.

He's going to find that most teams don't have $300M to spend

And the ones that do will go after Seager, Story more

The team part is spot on. That list is Mets Yankees and Dodgers. That's really it. I guess you can add the Angels because Arte Moreno is an idiot who has shown he will overspend for anyone any time. The Mets no longer need him, the Yankees will have to pay Judge and the rest of their team and the Dodgers already won't pay that for Seager. In the end Correa may find that no one will pony that up.
The Marlins have money to spend, and they're starting to come out of their rebuild. I'm sure Jeter loves a good shortstop, so he might spend big.
This is who i predict will sign him if Houston doesn't. Correa would fit great in Miami.
cc10106
The Milkman said:

All that to say, theres really not many options for Correa to go to considering he's probably 4th in that pecking order of top tier available short stops.
Maybe 4th right now, which is debatable, but Carlos has as much if not more MVP potential than any of them.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

You're going to have to help me out. Who are the usually guys this year? I figure Pressly, Parades, Smith, & Baez get more of the high leverage spots. With Taylor getting the lefty situations. Raley when he's not available or in a lower leverage spot.

The guys you listed are the usual guys IMO
07ag
AG
wangus12 said:

Frok said:

Crap, I'm getting sleepy. I'm not in midseason form for Astros after dark yet.

Not gonna lie. I fell asleep right after the B2B last night
i thought enoli's inning was a good note to end my night on,, wish i'd stayed up another 5 minutes for b2b
https://ts.la/eric59704
mAgnoliAg
AG
Ok got $20 on parlay astros cougars money lines today. Let's go
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

The guys you listed are the usual guys IMO

Baez is out. If we save Pressly for the 9th. And don't want to go to Parades & Smith too much this early. Then it means we'll need Raley, Taylor, Bielak (forgot about him), Abreu to be the bridge.

We may want to score some runs today.
bearkatag15
AG
Getting 6+ innings from Javier is a must today.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
bearkatag15
AG
36 degrees in Boston right now for their game. 29 degree windchill
bearkatag15
AG
Astros batters vs Luzardo. Not a ton of success so far in a small sample size. Maybe Yuli can run into another 1 vs him tonight.
Farmer1906
AG

I believe the main issue in this law is voter ID for absentee ballots. Why would MLB give a **** about simple voter law?
astros4545
AG
bearkatag15 said:

A must?
astros4545
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I believe the main issue in this law is voter ID for absentee ballots. Why would MLB give a **** about simple voter law?

This is sad

A league with predominantly conservative fan base, made up of predominantly conservative athletes bending the knee for no reason, only to their own detriment

Possibly MLB is racist against Hank Aaron?
Mathguy64
AG
This should be interesting. Texas is going to pass something similar I expect and the Rangers will want to have it here for the new stadium.
bearkatag15
AG
astros4545 said:

bearkatag15 said:

A must?

The entire season is riding on it
bearkatag15
AG

Pretty good 20 minute documentary on Greinke
Gap
AG
Screw you MLB. Disgusting cowardice in leadership. These losers have allowed politics to dominate every inch of our lives.

All theatrics. The Bill actually improves voting access and integrity which I would think is a universal goal.
MAROON
AG
Rob Manfred is a literal POS. Anyone who is an Astros fan should hate that POS. What he did to the Astros and Lunhow was criminal.

Par for the course for him.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
cc10106 said:

This is who i predict will sign him if Houston doesn't. Correa would fit great in Miami.
If the Marlins signed Correa it would increase the total number of players I can identify from the Marlins to one.
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.