***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,834,818 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh my, the AAA guys standing up for Luhnow by sending Keuchel to the showers.

great to see
Harry Dunne
tjack16 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Remember Stephen Souza Jr? Dodgers just called him up.

Don't worry, we got Toro on his way right now
Toro has been doing pretty well at AAA. I know that may not necessarily translate, but it could be worse.

That's what our AAAA players do. Perform great in the minors, get called up for a week or two and suck. Sent back down where they do well. It's the never ending cycle that was Toro, Taylor Jones, Tyler white, and Derek Fisher
bearkatag15
AG
Pay the man!!
Mathguy64
AG
Gonnorrea!
Silent For Too Long
This Offense is just lethal.

I don't think anytime is better positioned to take advantage on the dirty ball cracked down then we are.
MaxPower
Sadly he has priced himself out of anything the brass would consider. I hope Click has something more impressive up his sleeve this offseason than he did last.
bearkatag15
AG
MaxPower said:

Sadly he has priced himself out of anything the brass would consider. I hope Click has something more impressive up his sleeve this offseason than he did last.

He will have $75million more to work with so I imagine he will do something big
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Yanks up 2-1 too 8th. As threatening.
bearkatag15
AG
agdaddy04
AG
Toro came back ready to mash. He doesn't want to get sent back down does he?
Marvin
AG
MaxPower said:

Losing Springer and Correa in successive seasons, not to mention Verlander and Greinke, will be a steep, steep hill to climb. Like, the window-has-closed type of hill.

Of course, you are correct in that you must consider what additions are added, but that's two hall of famers and two all-stars potentially on their way to the HOF discussion
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
bearkatag15
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Toro came back ready to mash. He doesn't want to get sent back down does he?

At this point you can't send him down. Hell, he should be starting everyday Bregman is out
tjack16
AG
Harry Dunne said:

tjack16 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Toro has been doing pretty well at AAA. I know that may not necessarily translate, but it could be worse.

That's what our AAAA players do. Perform great in the minors, get called up for a week or two and suck. Sent back down where they do well. It's the never ending cycle that was Toro, Taylor Jones, Tyler white, and Derek Fisher

Glad to be wrong but in my defense Toro is having the best weekend of his career and all of TexAgs couldn't stand seeing him play over the last 2 seasons
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

Harry Dunne said:

tjack16 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Glad to be wrong but in my defense Toro is having the best weekend of his career and all of TexAgs couldn't stand seeing him play over the last 2 seasons

I resemble that remark. Can I still hate on Jones, though? I mean, it was one 114 mph double...
MaxPower
On the positive side I feel good about the rotation. I never feel good about spending big free agent dollars and starting pitching. I might still be interested in someone like Lynn for a 2-3 year deal but that's about it. Need to focus on the bullpen and at least one big bat to replace the losses of Springer and Correa.
tjack16
AG
MaxPower said:

On the positive side I feel good about the rotation. I never feel good about spending big free agent dollars and starting pitching. I might still be interested in someone like Lynn for a 2-3 year deal but that's about it. Need to focus on the bullpen and at least one big bat to replace the losses of Springer and Correa.

I honestly think our rotation is in a great place moving forward. We have Garcia, Valdez, Urquidy, LMJ and Javier over the next 4-5 seasons locked in.

I'd rather see money in the offseason go to Correa, consistent bullpen guy and a solid CF option.
iamtheglove
Marvin said:

MaxPower said:

Losing Springer and Correa in successive seasons, not to mention Verlander and Greinke, will be a steep, steep hill to climb. Like, the window-has-closed type of hill.

Of course, you are correct in that you must consider what additions are added, but that's two hall of famers and two all-stars potentially on their way to the HOF discussion
Not sure how our window is closing with all 5 of our stud starting pitchers under control for 4+ years plus a core of Altuve, Bregman, Yordon and Tucker under control for the next 3 (and beyond for Tuck and Yordon). That core honestly is as good or better than virtually all the AL teams.
Farmer1906
AG
Dropped 25 bucks for mlb tv this month. Worth it if we're playing like this.

77 pitches in hopefully LMJ can push into the 7th.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

MaxPower said:

Window is only closing if we sit on our hands and don't make other moves.
Silent For Too Long
iamtheglove said:

Marvin said:

MaxPower said:

Not sure how our window is closing with all 5 of our stud starting pitchers under control for 4+ years plus a core of Altuve, Bregman, Yordon and Tucker under control for the next 3 (and beyond for Tuck and Yordon). That core honestly is as good or better than virtually all the AL teams.

This.

Keeping Correa would be great but it's in no way critical for us staying a contender.

Hell, we might even get Kate back next year at a discount.

This team is positioned to contend for at least a few more years.
linkdude
AG
Chas with the drop shot!
Ag_07
AG
Pony league shlt from the WS
AgDoc03
AG
linkdude said:

Chas with the drop shot!

Either Maldy not hustling or slowest human ever.

Luckily pro hitter Brantley made it not matter
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Frok
AG
The ball has surely been bouncing the Astros way this weekend. I'm thinking the entire Skeeter team could sub in and they would still win.
linkdude
AG
A's just lost on a triple play after they had 2 on, none out in the 9th only down one!
AgHawkeye
AG
Yanks 2 - A's 1 Final. A's have runners on 1st and 2nd in the top of the 9th with no outs and Yanks end it on a triple play!!
Ag-Hawkeye
mwm
Did Blummer just say the players are "paying the ultimate sacrifice"? I love you, Blum, but are you ever wrong with that statement.

I hope I misunderstood.
McInnis
AG
Chapman on the verge of blowing a save and gets a 6-4-3 triple play. A's lose.
aftershock
Man I love seeing that WTF expression on La Russa's face.
Frok
AG
mwm said:

Did Blummer just say the players are "paying the ultimate sacrifice"? I love you, Blum, but are you ever wrong with that statement.

I hope I misunderstood.

He did say that but I think he was just trying to say they miss their families since they are in the road so much. Poor choice of words
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

MaxPower said:

Window is only closing if we sit on our hands and don't make other moves.

That's literally what I posted. Glad we agree!
Marvin
AG
aftershock said:

Man I love seeing that WTF expression on La Russa's face.

He's just as likely trying to remember when he put on a new diaper.
linkdude
AG
TORO WITH A CORREA IMPRESSION!
Farmer1906
AG
Perks of being a ground ball pitcher.
Jaydoug
AG
Dumb question. Is that technically a 5-6-3 double play because of the shift?
First Page Last Page
Page 612 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.