***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,833,087 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

iamtheglove said:

Marvin said:

MaxPower said:

Sadly he has priced himself out of anything the brass would consider. I hope Click has something more impressive up his sleeve this offseason than he did last.

Losing Springer and Correa in successive seasons, not to mention Verlander and Greinke, will be a steep, steep hill to climb. Like, the window-has-closed type of hill.

Of course, you are correct in that you must consider what additions are added, but that's two hall of famers and two all-stars potentially on their way to the HOF discussion
Not sure how our window is closing with all 5 of our stud starting pitchers under control for 4+ years plus a core of Altuve, Bregman, Yordon and Tucker under control for the next 3 (and beyond for Tuck and Yordon). That core honestly is as good or better than virtually all the AL teams.

This.

Keeping Correa would be great but it's in no way critical for us staying a contender.

Hell, we might even get Kate back next year at a discount.

This team is positioned to contend for at least a few more years.

Come on, seriously. You can't replace Springer with Straw and Correa with Toro and expect that the pitching will carry you through that.

But I don't want to find out. Resign Carlos or go get a stud replacement. We can all then fight over whether it would have worked out or not.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
Good Lance.
W
AG
4 hits for El Toro
W
AG
Skeeters in the house!
linkdude
AG
I love Toro's bat sling.
Marvin
AG
W said:

4 hits for El Toro

Not hating, but wonder what the expected BA on those hits were.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Is Abreu still up? Haven't seen him in a while. Can't remember if he's hurt or got sent down
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Bullpen time. Hold onto your butts
Marvin
AG
LMJ done? What was his pitch count?

ETA: 94, never mind.
bearkatag15
AG
Marvin said:

W said:

4 hits for El Toro

Not hating, but wonder what the expected BA on those hits were.

bearkatag15
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Is Abreu still up? Haven't seen him in a while. Can't remember if he's hurt or got sent down

He's on the IL
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

iamtheglove said:

Marvin said:

MaxPower said:

Sadly he has priced himself out of anything the brass would consider. I hope Click has something more impressive up his sleeve this offseason than he did last.

Losing Springer and Correa in successive seasons, not to mention Verlander and Greinke, will be a steep, steep hill to climb. Like, the window-has-closed type of hill.

Of course, you are correct in that you must consider what additions are added, but that's two hall of famers and two all-stars potentially on their way to the HOF discussion
Not sure how our window is closing with all 5 of our stud starting pitchers under control for 4+ years plus a core of Altuve, Bregman, Yordon and Tucker under control for the next 3 (and beyond for Tuck and Yordon). That core honestly is as good or better than virtually all the AL teams.

This.

Keeping Correa would be great but it's in no way critical for us staying a contender.

Come on, seriously. You can't replace Springer with Straw and Correa with Toro and expect that the pitching will carry you through that.

But I don't want to find out. Resign Carlos or go get a stud replacement. We can all then fight over whether it would have worked out or not.

But it's not just 1 to 1.

Sure Straw & Toro (in this scenario) are playing the positions as Springer & Correa, but you've also replaced Reddick with Tucker, Gattis with Alvarez, freed up money to pay Brantley, sign Leon, etc. you keep making moves like this you keep the window open and flexibility. You lock in Correa to 10 years and he isn't the guy you need or he's hurt then what? You're screwed.

Now I am not opposed to signing Correa. I'm just curious to what it would be. I'm sure Crane/Click have a limit, I have one in my head, and the market will be another.
Bregxit
AG
Are we mad at Taylor again for not catching it off the rafters?
Bregxit
AG
Uncle Mike deeked me on that. Thought it was gone lol.
JABQ04
AG
Damn. Carlos.
W
AG
get the checkbook Click...
bearkatag15
AG
My gosh
AgDoc03
AG
JABQ04 said:

Damn. Carlos.

Seconded
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Farmer1906
AG
JABQ04 said:

Damn. Carlos.

Oh doctor
Bregxit
AG
CARLOS D!!!!
Farmer1906
AG
Bregxit said:

CARLOS D!!!!

Huge D
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

iamtheglove said:

Marvin said:

MaxPower said:

This.

But it's not just 1 to 1.

Sure Straw & Toro (in this scenario) are playing the positions as Springer & Correa, but you've also replaced Reddick with Tucker, Gattis with Alvarez, freed up money to pay Brantley, sign Leon, etc. you keep making moves like this you keep the window open and flexibility. You lock in Correa to 10 years and he isn't the guy you need or he's hurt then what? You're screwed.

Now I am not opposed to signing Correa. I'm just curious to what it would be. I'm sure Crane/Click have a limit, I have one in my head, and the market will be another.

Your extrapolation assumes that there are a Tucker and Alvarez in the minors. What are those odds?
W
AG
39,000 at MMP today
W
AG
the White Sox are terrible in the field
Marvin
AG
Great pitching this series.
Ag_07
AG
W said:

the White Sox are terrible

FIFY

Overall not very impressed. Nothing about them scares me.
astros4545
AG
Ag_07 said:

W said:

FIFY

Their injuries are going to haunt them from being a true contender
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Cmon kid...finish this off...
agdaddy04
AG
Ag_07 said:

W said:

FIFY

That may be, or the Astros are just turning it on. Didn't the Sox have the best record in baseball before coming to Houston?
cap-n-jack
Garza. Turn around and look at the scoreboard. You have a 6 run lead. Throw ****ing strikes, make them hit their way on. It's really pretty simple at this point.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin
AG
TOFA. Bring it worthy of this sweep!
mwm
With all the hype around the WS, I thought this would have been a series that a split would have been acceptable. I am ecstatic with the sweep.

Now, take care of business on the road.
cap-n-jack
TOFA
There's a sweep and Happy Fathers Day to all us dads. Here's hoping for roses on your piano and tulips on your organ.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Bad teams coming up. Need to take advantage and build a lead in the division.
First Page Last Page
Page 613 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.