***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,835,109 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
tailgatetimer10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those loses against the rangers hurt. You got to think the As will come back to reality
Mathguy64
AG
Oakland has already played 43 home games (versus 35 for us and most teams) and as noted it's been a ton of bad bad teams. At some point their schedule flips and when it does it will flip hard.
bearkatag15
AG
A's schedule through the All Star break:

10 vs Texas
3 vs NYY
3 vs SF
3 vs Boston
3 vs Houston

Astros' schedule through the All Star break:

6 vs Baltimore
4 vs Detroit
4 vs CHW
4 vs Cleveland
3 vs NYY
3 vs Oakland

Some how our easy part of our schedule is still harder than their hard part of the schedule.
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Toughest Remaining Schedules
1. Minnesota - .529
5. New York - .516
9. Boston - .507
12. Oakland - .503
15. Cleveland - .502
21. Chicago - .491
23. Tampa Bay - .490
24. Houston - .490
27. Toronto - .488
30. Los Angeles - .478
YNWA_AG
AG
Poor Minnesota
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15 said:

A's schedule through the All Star break:

10 vs Texas
3 vs NYY
3 vs SF
3 vs Boston
3 vs Houston

Astros' schedule through the All Star break:

6 vs Baltimore
4 vs Detroit
4 vs CHW
4 vs Cleveland
3 vs NYY
3 vs Oakland

Some how our easy part of our schedule is still harder than their hard part of the schedule.
Looking at the 2nd half schedule:

Astros play 48 teams that are not considered contenders and that will likely be at or below .500. They play 23 teams that will be playoff bound or in the hunt.

A's play 37 teams no considered contenders and that will likely be at or below .500. They play 33 teams that will be playoff bound or at least in the hunt for a playoff spot.
astros4545
AG
A's = 43 home games and 27 road games

I'm not even sure how they got so lopsided in the schedule...That is worth a couple games in the standings for them to get equal in road/home splits
bearkatag15
AG

Bringing in the Will Ferrell clips from Wedding Crashers on this was a work of art
Farmer1906
AG
It really was. Plus the Dallas hotel with the Astros logo is a perfect touch.
Farmer1906
AG
If yall wanna chip in and get me this for my awesome posting skills while getting into an argument with half of yall on the regular, I would gladly accept.

http://tshofauction.bidding4charity.com/item.asp?ID=40

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Alrighty...so we say that we need a quality bullpen arm and we dont have much on the farm to trade and get it...at what point do we possibly look at including Chas in a deal with a young arm (mayb N. Rodriguez, Solomon?)

That would clear some 40 man spots for DeGoti, Dawson, or Siri to replace Chas
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Alrighty...so we say that we need a quality bullpen arm and we dont have much on the farm to trade and get it...at what point do we possibly look at including Chas in a deal with a young arm (mayb N. Rodriguez, Solomon?)

That would clear some 40 man spots for DeGoti, Dawson, or Siri to replace Chas
I think Chas might be the Brantley replacement in 2 years, so I can't see them trading him. He's got way too many years of team control.
Ag_07
AG
I rather include Straw and give Chas the full time gig.
Mathguy64
AG
I can't see sending either straw or Chas away right now. Until they know what Correa will do there is so much uncertainly on SS and those pieces you don't know who in the minors needs to move up where.
Deluxe
AG
We have plenty of adequate trade pieces to snag a rental reliever or two at the deadline. No reason whatsoever to consider dealing Chas or Straw right now. Solid position players on cheap deals are too valuable in the long run.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Deluxe said:

We have plenty of adequate trade pieces to snag a rental reliever or two at the deadline. No reason whatsoever to consider dealing Chas or Straw right now. Solid position players on cheap deals are too valuable in the long run.
Click was on 790 yesterday and seemed to indicate they were looking for someone with some control left rather than a rental. He hinted that the asking prices are way too high right now.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/423-the-sean-salisbury-show-29630092/episode/james-click-speaks-on-the-astros-83771701/
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Spaeder (the guy who put out all the cheating allegations yesterday) was on 790 yesterday:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1248-the-a-team-30803864/episode/ryan-spaeder-talks-mlb-cheating-tweets-83790214/
redline248
AG
There is zero doubt Dusty benches Chas, today, right?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
In place of whoTed is on the IL so Chas should be the new everyday RF
TRM
AG
Fortunately for Chas, Dusty has no one else to play in the outfield.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248
AG
Y'all are just challenging Dusty to roll with Toro in RF

Edit: I mean, he probably needs some rest after those homerun trots
Farmer1906
AG
Listening now. He's having some trouble getting his point out when explaining how bad MLB is. He's not the best interview.
Marvin
AG
Deluxe said:

Not arguing your point, but I am curious as to who you would consider valuable enough to be trade options. Who would you put in that category?

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
W
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

W said:

maybe a couple of weeks off will help Bregman.

he's been fairly bad since the middle of May...especially for a 3-hole hitter. Dusty kept him there too long.

it will help the offense to have Correa or Tucker batting 3rd now
Grienke said that he hadn't been 100% healthy all season.
maybe adding the extra 20 pounds in the offseason was not such a good idea.

time to go back to his 2018/2019 playing weight
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Clearly a shot at Glasnow. Part of me thinks this was part of MLB's strategy. Use this to create division between the players so CBA negotiations make them look worse with a bunch of in-fighting.
Marvin
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Click was on 790 yesterday and seemed to indicate they were looking for someone with some control left rather than a rental. He hinted that the asking prices are way too high right now.

I think this is absolutely the mindset, and the payroll has to be part of the reasoning.

Unless I'm mistaken, I assume any trade would have to include players from the 40-man roster. Someone like Scrubb or Soloman, maybe James if he's healthy. Combine one or two with another minor leaguer (Ivey, or someone like that if healthy). I'm not sure we can trade any high position players with the potential for injuries. Would Toro have any contributing value?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Deluxe said:

Not arguing your point, but I am curious as to who you would consider valuable enough to be trade options. Who would you put in that category?

Basically any of the low level guys with hype or anyone in AA/AAA producing.
redline248
AG
I read a few replies to that tweet and here are some takeaways...

1. People are stupid
2. Hilarious that people will argue sunscreen + rosin isn't cheating.
3. Even more hilarious that they will argue you have a higher chance of injury bc you can't grip the ball as tightly as you want.
4. Man, people are friggin stupid
Deluxe
AG
Marvin said:

Deluxe said:

Who did we trade for Pressly a few years ago? I honestly don't even remember. Point is just that rental guys who are upgrades over what we've got will be available at the deadline without giving up anything of significant value. Just a top 20 prospect or two that another team likes. We can afford that.

Making a play for a Hader type with multiple years of control would probably be a different story though.
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Deluxe said:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/423-the-sean-salisbury-show-29630092/episode/james-click-speaks-on-the-astros-83771701/

Agree that he'd prefer to find someone with multiple years of control and if he can pull it off without giving up too much, great.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

I completely forgot about this...hope the guy is doing ok
The Beef01
AG
Deluxe said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Deluxe said:

Agree that he'd prefer to find someone with multiple years of control and if he can pull it off without giving up too much, great.

Agreed!

Getting a Josh Fields-esque guy and seeing whomever we sent winning ROY 3 seasons later would NOT be optimal.

Would much rather be on the side that received Josh Hader in exchange for Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mike Ford must really suck.
First Page Last Page
Page 588 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.