***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,834,978 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

White Sox defense looks pretty solid

Rendon had a shot at scoring if he was sprinting for the full 360 feet
Mathguy64
AG
Elvis Andrus is just glad someone else bumped him off the top spot this weekend.
AgDoc03
AG
astros4545 said:

bearkatag15 said:

White Sox defense looks pretty solid

Rendon had a shot at scoring if he was sprinting for the full 360 feet

First thing I noticed. If Rendon wasn't loafing he'd be at third at a minimum.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Good call using today as an off day for Bregman. He has hit well vs Manaea

W
AG
so the A's don't have an off day next week.

Irvin will open the series at MMP

won't see Bassitt or Luzardo
oldschool87
AG
Max Power said:

The bats are angry my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli.

Ag4life80
AG
This just in.......Yordan is a monster. That is all.
dshedd41
S
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

so the A's don't have an off day next week.

Irvin will open the series at MMP

won't see Bassitt or Luzardo

Or Fiers
Farmer1906
AG
agproducer
AG
The Rangers thread had a 7 day head start, yet only has about 350 posts to our 2k+. Where did their fan base go? I thought for years they were the best in the state!
bearkatag15
AG
agproducer
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Yes, please.
tjack16
AG
If you ever do franchise mode on MLB the show, Yordan wins MVP almost every year even if you just simulate the season

He's a real life glitch
The Sun
agproducer said:

The Rangers thread had a 7 day head start, yet only has about 350 posts to our 2k+. Where did their fan base go? I thought for years they were the best in the state!

Who?
Mathguy64
AG
It still blows my mind that Yordan has a grand total of 91 games played. 105 hits and 88 RBI in 91 games. He's not a power hitter. He's a pure hitter with insane power.
astros4545
AG
Mathguy64 said:

It still blows my mind that Yordan has a grand total of 91 games played. 105 hits and 88 RBI in 91 games. He's not a power hitter. He's a pure hitter with insane power.

And he still takes his walks
Ag_07
AG
What is so impressive about Yordan is how easy and natural his power is.

Reminds me of Griffery Jr. So smooth and effortless.

That and the guy squares up everything. I don't think I've seen him hit a que shot or roll over a weak ground all. Even his outs are hit on the screws.
bearkatag15
AG

Yordan moved to cleanup today. TED to the 2 hole.
linkdude
AG
I'm trying to think of 2 players mixes, something like Chris Carter "easy" power, with the contact skills of Miguel Cabrera.
PETE2019
AG
Urquidy on the mound. I'm on the As first 5 inning under 4.5. Seems like pretty solid value
bearkatag15
AG

Is that good? This seems good
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Is that good? This seems good

Nice to see a couple Astros among the five greatest hitters of all time. Ted and Yordan.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

That's good news is it holds out to be true. I honestly think they could wait until the first home game to start him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
We are in a dangerous position. If one more outfielder gets dinged up, we have no outfield depth on the 40 man without having to make a roster move. I know we have a bad history with trades with the blue jays, but I think they should look into picking up an outfielder from Toronto via trade. They are going to have an issue with too many outfielders once Springer comes off the IL. Grichuk seems to be the odd man out. Plays center field and would probably be an offensive upgrade over straw.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Let's hope it never comes to this, his hamstrings might explode if he has to crouch down like that for a whole inning.
tjack16
AG
I definitely think we should pick up an extra outfielder. Whether that's a super cheap free agent or by trade. that's why I was really surprised we cut Souza loose.

Maybe they think Garcia is our 5th OF if necessary
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

We are in a dangerous position. If one more outfielder gets dinged up, we have no outfield depth on the 40 man without having to make a roster move. I know we have a bad history with trades with the blue jays, but I think they should look into picking up an outfielder from Toronto via trade. They are going to have an issue with too many outfielders once Springer comes off the IL. Grichuk seems to be the odd man out. Plays center field and would probably be an offensive upgrade over straw.

Ask for George back?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

I definitely think we should pick up an extra outfielder. Whether that's a super cheap free agent or by trade. that's why I was really surprised we cut Souza loose.

Maybe they think Garcia is our 5th OF if necessary
I think either him or Diaz. Diaz played some LF last year.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mathguy64 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Ask for George back?
I can hear the Blue Jays front office laughing all the way from Canada.
TarponChaser
Ag_07 said:

What is so impressive about Yordan is how easy and natural his power is.

Reminds me of Griffery Jr. So smooth and effortless.

That and the guy squares up everything. I don't think I've seen him hit a que shot or roll over a weak ground all. Even his outs are hit on the screws.

Being 6'6" 245 kind of helps with that power. But, yes his swing is just about perfect.
bearkatag15
AG

Implementing this mid season would be pretty nuts
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.