***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,825,908 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
halfastros81
AG
On the Correa thing.... he is a really good player and apparently a strong team leader but he's not even the best player on the team
Imo. I think they'd be silly to sign him for any period longer than5-6 yrs and he isn't going to get $30Mm per yr either . He turned down $25Mm for 6 yrs . He ain't gonna beat that by very much out in the market imo. That's a lot of $$$ . How much do you really need for goodness sake? He's played over 120 games only once in his career. That's an issue.
k20dub
AG
On tv they had a graphic that said:

26 runs in the first 10 games last year
25 runs in the first 3 games this year
Max Power
AG
The bats are angry my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli.
tjack16
AG
I've come down a bit on my Correa stance. I was really mad when the deadline came and went when he said we didn't offer him enough. He's been my favorite since 2015 so I was mad at our front office for not giving him the big deal he wanted
After looking into it more, I see where our guys are coming from. I think giving him a 10 year deal would not be a bad thing at all, but not for the money he is expecting.

10 years 220-240 MM would be a great deal for him and it wouldn't cripple our payroll if we structure it in a smart way.
But he wants the Lindor deal worth over 30 MM per and I dont see that happening.

Hopefully he goes out and plays at a high level, wins a title and gets a deal he is happy with.

I'm just very happy with how the offense has looked so far this year. Let's keep it up and bring home a championship
linkdude
AG
That stat was for the 10 games against Oakland last regular season. We've already exceeded that total with 16 games left against them.
The Sun
Watching the postgame show and the Stanek 1-4-3 DP just played...Altuve's footwork is soooooooo much better this year leading to accurate and strong throws. What an amazing turnaround!
htxag09
AG
I wasn't 100% sure who the fans were booing towards the end of that one
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Three hitters plunked in three games. IIRC only one A.

Is it time to plunk more of the opposing team. Astros got lucky with Brantley apparently.
tjack16
AG
Out of curiosity. When is the first game y'all are going to this season?

Mine is next Tuesday night Tigers game.
The Sun
tjack16 said:

Out of curiosity. When is the first game y'all are going to this season?

Mine is next Tuesday night Tigers game.

Not going until the covid security theatre is stopped.
Farmer1906
AG
Going of Thursday for the home opening then again on a Sunday later in the month.
tjack16
AG
Let us know how it goes opening night with stadium entry/rules

April and may are busy for me with school and rehearsals after school, so I'll probably only get to go to a couple of games before summer hits. Then I'll be there all the time
agdaddy04
AG
Brooks with the ol 8 run win save too. Nice
bearkatag15
AG

All I do is Nguyen
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

Three hitters plunked in three games. IIRC only one A.

Is it time to plunk more of the opposing team. Astros got lucky with Brantley apparently.

Nah we gotta take those free bases and turn them into runs like early today. Don't give the opposing teams anything but take from them everything. /Leonidas
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

It had a lot of do with Oakland's approach. They wanted him to be inefficient and to try and draw walks because McCullers is pretty good at getting swings out of the zone. Once he settled in, it was no longer a good idea.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

April and may are busy for me with school and rehearsals after school, so I'll probably only get to go to a couple of games before summer hits. Then I'll be there all the time

Will do. My plan is to babysit a few beers for most of the game so I'm "drinking" and not needing a mask.
bearkatag15
AG
Check out the Twins vs Brewers game
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Will do. My plan is to babysit a few beers for most of the game so I'm "drinking" and not needing a mask.

That's what I did at Kyle field last year and Olsen earlier this month. Usually it's a non issue or was when i went.
tjack16
AG
I took the over
The Sun
Berrios 6IP 12K 0BB
Burnes 6IP 11K 0BB
Mathguy64
AG
Twins are in playoff hitting form
The Sun
Damn losing a nono by giving up a dinger to Buxton...ouch.
Mathguy64
AG
Altuve 7 runs
A's 7 runs.

Push.
bearkatag15
AG
Berrios got pulled too
The Sun
bearkatag15 said:

Berrios got pulled too

Yeah...but Twins combined 7IP 15K 0BB now
SW-14
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

That's what I did at Kyle field last year and Olsen earlier this month. Usually it's a non issue or was when i went.
I noticed that even in Oakland a lot of the fans seem to be getting away with no masks, at least once they're in their seat. That's promising.
All I do is Nguyen
Anytime I see Juan Soto's stupid grin my blood pressure skyrockets
astros4545
AG
SW-14 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

I noticed that even in Oakland a lot of the fans seem to be getting away with no masks, at least once they're in their seat. That's promising.

It's unenforceable

Plus a simple "**** you" to anyone who says anything about it should give people the idea to back off from a big badass like me
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Collin McHugh currently serving up batting practice to the marlins
htxag09
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Collin McHugh currently serving up batting practice to the marlins

Sucks. I liked him. And him (and his wife) still defend us. Granted he was on the 2017 team but still.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Superb Sasquatch said:

Anytime I see Juan Soto's stupid grin my blood pressure skyrockets
I'll inquire Master Jabba about getting him frozen in carbonite.
bearkatag15
AG

White Sox defense looks pretty solid
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.