***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,836,014 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grandal just tied it.. this is a good game to catch if you are looking for something to watch
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Detroit just blew up the White Sox

Tied up now.
bearkatag15
AG
Dodger/Braves game is getting good in the 9th.

Dodgers hold on.. Braves had runners on late with their studs at the plate.
bearkatag15
AG
Rooting for the Tigers here... want Hinch to make the Tigers good again
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
StaffRat said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

StaffRat said:

How many 9 year old daughters do you have?

2. Feel stupid yet?

No. And no offense meant, honest apologies.
My baby girl is quit a bit older and still my baby girl.
Enjoy it now, it goes fast.

They were born at 23 weeks, 5 days gestation. Given a 5% chance of survival at birth. One spent 142 days i the NICU, the other spent 156. I've made them priority #1 ever day of their lives. Enjoying the normalcy after dozens of white-knuckle moments in those early months.
agproducer
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

StaffRat said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

StaffRat said:

How many 9 year old daughters do you have?

2. Feel stupid yet?

No. And no offense meant, honest apologies.
My baby girl is quit a bit older and still my baby girl.
Enjoy it now, it goes fast.

They were born at 23 weeks, 5 days gestation. Given a 5% chance of survival at birth. One spent 142 days i the NICU, the other spent 156. I've made them priority #1 ever day of their lives. Enjoying the normalcy after dozens of white-knuckle moments in those early months.

Props, brother.
tjack16
AG
The NL East is so bad. They were predicted to be probably the closest division by season's end. I do think that the Braves will go on a run and make it a lot closer though. But this is surprising through 1/3 of the season
gougler08
AG
tjack16 said:

The NL East is so bad. They were predicted to be probably the closest division by season's end. I do think that the Braves will go on a run and make it a lot closer though. But this is surprising through 1/3 of the season

It will be close...just battling for .500
EastCoastAgNc
AG
gougler08 said:

tjack16 said:

The mets are so bad, they made Blake Snell look like a decent pitcher last night
Mathguy64
AG
The Nats had one hell of a 100 game run. They were average to crappy before and super crappy after. But that 100 game period netted a WS. That still haunts me.
agproducer
AG
Astros related because Greinke likes to throw these.

agproducer
AG
Mathguy64 said:

The Nats had one hell of a 100 game run. They were average to crappy before and super crappy after. But that 100 game period netted a WS. That still haunts me.

That Astros team in 2019. They just ran into a hot and lucky team. Nats were a team of destiny that postseason. I'm still pissed Hinch pulled Greinke, but take solace in that.

tjack16
AG
agproducer said:

Mathguy64 said:

That Astros team in 2019. They just ran into a hot and lucky team. Nats were a team of destiny that postseason. I'm still pissed Hinch pulled Greinke, but take solace in that.

We should have won that series in 5. No excuse to lose 4 games at home that series.
Game 1 is the one I look back at the most. Yordan struck out with the bases loaded and down 2, and Cole gave up 5 runs early and we lost 5-4. It was the only close finish in the series. If Cole pitches that night to what he was doing consistently that whole season/playoff run... then that team is dogpiling on the mound in DC game 5
Frok
AG
agproducer said:

Mathguy64 said:

And left the best pitcher in baseball in the bullpen for Will Harris.
TarponChaser
agproducer said:

Mathguy64 said:

My oldest and I were at Game 7. Talk about a total gut-punch. Completely physically and emotionally drained afterwards.

Also, I still maintain that the Nats proved small ball has its place in today's game. They consistently slapped weak base hits against the Astros' defensive shifts. Stole bases, bunted, and just got guys on base to go station to station and give Rendon & Soto chances for RBIs.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Yesterday, 47 years ago, 10 cent beer night in Cleveland: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Cent_Beer_Night

Quote:

After the Indians had managed to tie the game, a 19-year-old fan named Terry Yerkic ran onto the field and attempted to steal Texas outfielder Jeff Burroughs' cap. Confronting the fan, Burroughs tripped. Thinking that Burroughs had been attacked, Texas manager Billy Martin charged onto the field with his players right behind, some wielding bats. A large number of intoxicated fans some armed with knives, chains, and clubs fashioned from portions of stadium seats that they had torn apart surged onto the field, and others hurled bottles from the stands. 200 fans surrounded the 25 Rangers, with more fans coming.

What a disaster
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15
AG

Boo birds are getting to Reddick
Mathguy64
AG
I wonder. Did the fans in Milwaukee boo Braun for shooting up with steroids and you know, actually cheating?
bluefire579
AG
Gotta think that being with a different team is making it have more of an effect on him. He's obviously a passionate and outspoken guy, but I think if he was here, he'd have others like Correa and Altuve to rally around and help keep these kinds of outbursts in check. Not the case being on a completely different team with no one in the same boat.
bearkatag15
AG

Home plate ump last night was almost perfect.
redline248
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Ag_07 said:

I know I know...too early enjoy what we have but...

When someone overpays out the ass for Correa and he walks would we be OK if Bregs slides to SS and Diaz gets the full time 3B gig? Is that a feasible stop gap approach?
Big gamble with Diaz's hamstrings
I'll start by saying I want to sign Correa. He's too good, and he's a better SS than Bregman, Diaz or Pena.

But if we're weighing gambles against one another and considering injury potential, Diaz is a smaller one than signing Carlos to a huge deal. Hell, part of the reason so many fans were/are willing to let Correa go is bc of his past injuries.
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

Boo birds are getting to Reddick

Reddick is the guy I feel the worst for. He didn't cheat, as proved by Tony Adam's work, and the comments he would get when he posted pictures of his kids were absolutely brutal.

I have a ton of respect for Reddick. His teammates need to step up for him. Would be nice if some brewers players would step up for him too.
Buck Compton
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

gougler08 said:

tjack16 said:

The mets are so bad, they made Blake Snell look like a decent pitcher last night
It's been so fun watching that ****** bag struggle
tjack16
AG
Umpire is good = Astros win
Beat40
Buck Compton said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

gougler08 said:

tjack16 said:

It's been so fun watching that ****** bag struggle

Although Cash should have still left him in against the Dodgers!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bib's productivity level today writing a book with the whole family out of the house.

Bib's productivity when he realizes the Astros have a day game starting in an hour.

wangus12
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Seems suspicious. Where's the investigation
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Devo had Tommy John. Sucks for him.
Beat40
Anyone having any issues with the AT&T channel?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Working fine via DirecTV.
First Page Last Page
Page 494 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.