***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,835,621 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rdunham98 said:

I guess the churro segment was a hit.
Happy big guys dancing do well I suppose.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Garcia was so efficient until this inning. I think he can get us one more. PC @ 80.
Yeah - he's had an inning each start where he's either lost the zone or been in longer battles. I wonder how much of it is due to change of pitch mix to try to keep hitters off balance that he's not as accurate with than through the first run of the order.

I hope he can figure that one out over the course of the season because I think we could rely on him for 6 most nights if so.

He's still developing. He's only 24. The guy is remarkable He only had 65.2 inning in high A. No AAA. No AA. Just a partial season at high A. He got thrust into the bigs due to necessity and stuck. Ice his veins in the postseason last year. Now he's looking like a rotation mainstay.
Bregxit
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Beat40 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Bregxit said:

Quote:

Correa could have taken 3rd last game and didn't because he coasted around 2nd and didn't follow the play, which ended up with two bad bobbles. He could have leisurely walked to 3rd if he had been mentally ready.

Except that isn't what happened at all. He had to stop halfway between first and second because of the fly ball. Then he had to get to second asap when he saw it dropped. He didn't see Renfroe botch the pick up until he stopped at second and looked back. He would have been hosed at third if he tried it. There was no way anyone could read that without eyes in the front, back and side of their head.

And I am not a huge Carlos fan.
Except that is wasn't a dropped fly ball, it was a routine single that was misplayed.

He didn't stop and look back at all...although maybe that's on the 3rd base coach and not Carlos, but Carlos shut it down before the ball was even fielded.
Except that it was a single that stayed up in the air a little longer than Carlos anticipated and Renfroe was charging hard. After seeing Renfroe may some great diving defensive plays in the ALCS, I'm sure Carlos wanted to make sure Renfroe actually caught it. He was between 1B and 2B when that happened. The ball fell in and then Carlos hustled to 2B, at which time he was not looking at Renfroe when he picked up the ball and threw it in to second. By the time Carlos saw the ball bounce off the cut man, there was no way he was getting to 3B. Carlos had no way to see the throw was as offline as it was.
I was at the game, so my perspective may have been different and I didn't have the benefit of the play by play, but I did have the benefit of full vision of the field, and that's not at all how I saw it. From my POV it was a routine single that had no chance of being caught. Carlos coasted into 2nd assuming the cleanly fielded play and didn't realize it had been bobbled. He was past 2nd when the bobble happened (in my memory of it).

I wish I could go back and watch the play. Is it available anywhere?

I looked for it but can't find one. You being at the game explains a lot. If you saw the replays we did I think you'd see it way differently.
Harry Dunne
That could definitely be the case. Thanks for looking.
bearkatag15
AG
wow.. back to back at the wall
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
redline248
AG
Nothing more foolish than casually tossing your bat and walk a step on a warning track fly out
Bregxit
AG
Harry Dunne said:

That could definitely be the case. Thanks for looking.

No problem. Thanks for saying you were at the game...because I thought you'd lost your damn mind.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Garcia was so efficient until this inning. I think he can get us one more. PC @ 80.
Yeah - he's had an inning each start where he's either lost the zone or been in longer battles. I wonder how much of it is due to change of pitch mix to try to keep hitters off balance that he's not as accurate with than through the first run of the order.

I hope he can figure that one out over the course of the season because I think we could rely on him for 6 most nights if so.

He's still developing. He's only 24. The guy is remarkable He only had 65.2 inning in high A. No AAA. No AA. Just a partial season at high A. He got thrust into the bigs due to necessity and stuck. Ice his veins in the postseason last year. Now he's looking like a rotation mainstay.
Definitely agree. I really like him and his composure. That's what I meant though - I think he's still developing how to get guys out when he has to change his pitch mix and kind of go off game plan when the hitters start to foul stuff off.
Beat40
I'd run Garcia out there in the 7th, especially if we tack on an extra run or two and just have someone up and ready to go if he lets one guy on.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Good appearance by Garcia. Now it's up to the bullpen to hold onto a 1 run lead. Need more runs.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Beat40 said:

rdunham98 said:

I guess the churro segment was a hit.
Happy big guys dancing do well I suppose.
Every time I watch that damn segment I want a churro. I then only focus on how badly I want a churro and not that I have seen this segment 100 times
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Good appearance by Garcia. Now it's up to the bullpen to hold onto a 1 run lead. Need more runs.
Nah give him the 7th until he gets in trouble
W
AG
AB goes thru the 4-hole again
Bregxit
AG
bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Nah give him the 7th until he gets in trouble

The 7th he shall get.
W
AG
good move by Dusty.

let's see how many outs Luis can get in the 7th
W
AG
Joltin' Joe Smith up in the pen
R-Dog
AG
Joe Smith sighting...
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

we've lost already
agdaddy04
AG
Garcia still mowing them down
W
AG
there's 1 out...and there's 2 outs
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I shouldn't laugh
bearkatag15
AG
**** it, give him the 8th too
Ag_07
AG
Well rested BP in a 1 run game

Perfect time for Joe Smith

Fkn Dusty
PSully97
AG
W said:

EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

**** it, give him the 8th too
Radio guys said that this is the first time ever (both in minors and majors) he's ever gone 7 innings. Anywhere.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
PSully97 said:

W said:

Brooks Raley has joined.
PSully97
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

PSully97 said:

W said:

Brooks Raley has joined.
Beat40
Man - that hit makes a tough decision.

I like seeing how he feels.
Beat40
C'mon Luis, just one pitch.
Cromagnum
AG
I thought the drunk screaming fan was a Padres fan the other day but I hear him again today. Guess it's a home field idiot. LOL
Bregxit
AG
Man they need to move that microphone.
bearkatag15
AG
what a fantastic outing for Garcia... ****ing phenomenal
CFTXAG10
AG
LuAce! Making a case to stay
redline248
AG
Way to go, young buck
Beat40
HECK fo an outing for Garcia! That's awesome.

Go get some runs, offense. Then Stanek-Pressly shut it down.
First Page Last Page
Page 469 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.