***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,834,187 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TED once again doing the little things. Settling it for Chas. So unselfish. Such a team player.
Harry Dunne
I was really hoping for a 450' bomb, knowing Farmer has all his candles lit up in his weird little Tucker shrine squeezing as hard as he can so that he can talk trash if it happens.
tjack16
AG
Good to see Yordan double and score
Deluxe
AG
Chas has so much sneaky pop
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Is that another word for hit the weight room, kid?
agproducer
AG
Chas is at it again. He plays fundamentally sound ball. Sac fly scores a run. He did his job. Again.
astros4545
AG
My brother also has an irrational hatred for Tucker

I'll never understand it
bearkatag15
AG
damn that was pretty low.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Farmer1906
AG
agproducer said:

Chas is at it again. He plays fundamentally sound ball. Sac fly scores a run. He did his job. Again.

He's climbing that ribbie leaderboard.
agproducer
AG
And, again Straw disappoints.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

Is that another word for hit the weight room, kid?

But then he might lose his elite speed
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LuACE just embarrassed Renfroe.

Someone gif'd it.

Bregxit
AG
agproducer said:

Straw got screwed.
tjack16
AG
Bregxit said:

agproducer said:

Straw got screwed.

Would it have mattered anyway if he got those calls?
agproducer
AG
Bregxit said:

agproducer said:

Straw got screwed.

It was a little low, but you can't take it with two strikes.
Bregxit
AG
tjack16 said:

Bregxit said:

agproducer said:

Straw got screwed.

Wouldn't you rather have found out?
bearkatag15
AG
tjack16 said:

Bregxit said:

agproducer said:

Straw got screwed.

23.6% of the time, yes it would
Ag_07
AG
Chas is a very good situational hitter. He isn't knocking the ball around the yard but he's very effective and it shows in his RBI total.

Really impressed
Harry Dunne
I like Tucker. I think part of the perception problem is he is a long dude that has easy speed, which can look like loafing if you don't have perspective. He's not slow. At all.

Correa could have taken 3rd last game and didn't because he coasted around 2nd and didn't follow the play, which ended up with two bad bobbles. He could have leisurely walked to 3rd if he had been mentally ready. Instead he was indecisive and froze at 2nd. It would have taken an abnormally heads up runner to even be ready for that to happen, but if a guy wants $300M, I want him to be abnormally heads up.

Anyway everyone ran to Carlos' defense and said it could not be expected for him to be ready. Maybe because he's hitting well and he is known for his hustle? Anyway I think our entire team needs to get their heads out of their asses on the basepaths, not just Tucker.

I agree that it's not laziness, but indecision usually comes from not being mentally prepared to decide.
redline248
AG
Garcia needs to remember it's more than just throwing strikes
bearkatag15
AG
Now would be a good time to get a mound visit in. Get Garcia's mind off that mistake
Beat40
I am excited for what Garcia brings to the table, but it is these little things which is starting to separate Urquidy and himself as far as the last starter spot when LMJ comes back.

Also second game in a row he's been a little caught on the defensive side. Against the Dodgers he kind of lazied the Mookie Betts slow roller which turned into a run.
Beat40
Amazing. Now he could see himself out of it with a GIDP.
Bregxit
AG
Quote:

Correa could have taken 3rd last game and didn't because he coasted around 2nd and didn't follow the play, which ended up with two bad bobbles. He could have leisurely walked to 3rd if he had been mentally ready.

Except that isn't what happened at all. He had to stop halfway between first and second because of the fly ball. Then he had to get to second asap when he saw it dropped. He didn't see Renfroe botch the pick up until he stopped at second and looked back. He would have been hosed at third if he tried it. There was no way anyone could read that without eyes in the front, back and side of their head.

And I am not a huge Carlos fan.
Harry Dunne
Bregxit said:

Quote:

Correa could have taken 3rd last game and didn't because he coasted around 2nd and didn't follow the play, which ended up with two bad bobbles. He could have leisurely walked to 3rd if he had been mentally ready.

Except that isn't what happened at all. He had to stop halfway between first and second because of the fly ball. Then he had to get to second asap when he saw it dropped. He didn't see Renfroe botch the pick up until he stopped at second and looked back. He would have been hosed at third if he tried it. There was no way anyone could read that without eyes in the front, back and side of their head.

Except that is wasn't a dropped fly ball, it was a routine single that was misplayed.

He didn't stop and look back at all...although maybe that's on the 3rd base coach and not Carlos, but Carlos shut it down before the ball was even fielded.
Farmer1906
AG
Let's get out of this with just 1.
Farmer1906
AG
Garcia was so efficient until this inning. I think he can get us one more. PC @ 80.
Beat40
Harry Dunne said:

Bregxit said:

Quote:

Except that is wasn't a dropped fly ball, it was a routine single that was misplayed.

He didn't stop and look back at all...although maybe that's on the 3rd base coach and not Carlos, but Carlos shut it down before the ball was even fielded.
Except that it was a single that stayed up in the air a little longer than Carlos anticipated and Renfroe was charging hard. After seeing Renfroe may some great diving defensive plays in the ALCS, I'm sure Carlos wanted to make sure Renfroe actually caught it. He was between 1B and 2B when that happened. The ball fell in and then Carlos hustled to 2B, at which time he was not looking at Renfroe when he picked up the ball and threw it in to second. By the time Carlos saw the ball bounce off the cut man, there was no way he was getting to 3B. Carlos had no way to see the throw was as offline as it was.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Garcia was so efficient until this inning. I think he can get us one more. PC @ 80.

He can
Bregxit
AG
Yep. Wish there was a replay of it somewhere because Harry's recollection is way off. Carlos did turn to look at RF when he got to the bag. And then turned back as the errant throw went by him. Of course there were three infielders between second and third.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Yeah - he's had an inning each start where he's either lost the zone or been in longer battles. I wonder how much of it is due to change of pitch mix to try to keep hitters off balance that he's not as accurate with than through the first run of the order.

I hope he can figure that one out over the course of the season because I think we could rely on him for 6 most nights if so.
redline248
AG
Julia montage
RED AG 98
AG
I guess the churro segment was a hit.
Harry Dunne
Beat40 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Bregxit said:

Quote:

Except that it was a single that stayed up in the air a little longer than Carlos anticipated and Renfroe was charging hard. After seeing Renfroe may some great diving defensive plays in the ALCS, I'm sure Carlos wanted to make sure Renfroe actually caught it. He was between 1B and 2B when that happened. The ball fell in and then Carlos hustled to 2B, at which time he was not looking at Renfroe when he picked up the ball and threw it in to second. By the time Carlos saw the ball bounce off the cut man, there was no way he was getting to 3B. Carlos had no way to see the throw was as offline as it was.
I was at the game, so my perspective may have been different and I didn't have the benefit of the play by play, but I did have the benefit of full vision of the field, and that's not at all how I saw it. From my POV it was a routine single that had no chance of being caught. Carlos coasted into 2nd assuming the cleanly fielded play and didn't realize it had been bobbled. He was past 2nd when the bobble happened (in my memory of it).

I wish I could go back and watch the play. Is it available anywhere?
Beat40
I'll see if I can find it. That's just my memory of the play and what I see based of the camera angles. Our perspective definitely could be skewed since we have limited angles.
First Page Last Page
Page 468 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.