***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,835,729 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Damn
Gig’em Aggies!
tjack16
AG
So glad we pulled Pressly after he threw 10 pitches in the 9th to give way to Abreu in a major pressure situation
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Good thing we didn't challenge Gallo, hitting .211 with the most strikeouts in the majors.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Put it on a tee
Bregxit
AG
Fastball right down the pipe
Beat40
Not even a competitive AB to Gallo. That was horrible. You can't be scared of Gallo when he strikes out so much with the guy behind him.
cap-n-jack
Playing down to our competition.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
*******it that's frustrating. Probably gonna have to sweat this bullpen to the playoffs, unfortunately.
Buck Compton
AG
Stop throwing the pitch middle-middle and you won't get nearly as many HRs hit off you. Tired of that horse shot from our bullpen.
TayTrox
AG
Tyler White > Bryan Abreu
MAROON
AG
Why Dusty why! We have a Manager problem.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
tboag
AG
Abreau is one of the worst MLB pitchers I've ever seen. It's literally, at least, an auto run every time he's in the game. I don't understand how he still has a job at the MLB level
Chrundle the Great
AG
TayTrox said:

Tyler White > Bryan Abreu

Tyler white, as a pitcher > Abreu
Beerosch
AG
Fire Dusty
Tear Down This Wall
Presly should have been in that spot not Abreau. Abreau is not ready.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Wasn't a competitive pitch but I'm glad he didn't give him against Gallo.

He shouldn't have even been in a position to give in. All of his breaking balls were non competitive. Blummer's right, it seemed like they were content to let Gallo strike himself out instead of go for him. If that was the decision, it was a dumb one.
bullard21k
AG
Abreau wasn't scared or pitching around anyone. He has no idea where any of his pitches are going. 75% of them are 1 foot off the plate in any direction.

There is nothing more annoying than relievers who can't throw strikes and we have a bullpen full of them...and josh James hasn't even pitched yet either
CFTXAG10
AG
How many times can you let Abreu come out of that bullpen when you know he has control issues. It's moronic, especially in a high leverage situation
Mathguy64
AG
Abreu has great stuff but he has no idea where it's going. And the result is center cut fastballs to get needed strikes.
Farmer1906
AG
I'm critical of Dusty but I don't think he didn't anything wrong. You can't pitch Pressly every high leverage inning. Stanek was the other guy you could trust the but the wheels fell off. Abreu was the next best option.
Buck Compton
AG
Let's also be honest, we have to capitalize on their gift error in the top of the 10th better as well cause you knew our bullpen wasn't going to come through.

Uncle Mike had a completely non-competitive AB with one out and a runner at third.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

I'm critical of Dusty but I don't think he didn't anything wrong. You can't pitch Pressly every high leverage inning. Stanek was the other guy you could trust the but the wheels fell off. Abreu was the next best option.

I agree with you.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

If we had added another run in the top half to make it 6-4 then yeah go to Abreu. But in a 1 run game I would have stuck with your proven commodity

But dusty's decision isn't what cost us. It was Abreu leaving a fastball right down the middle
Aggie8587
AG
No doubt that was another Dusty loss. Should've been Pressley in the 9th but if you go with Abreu, pitch to freaking Joey Strikeout Gallo and not their best hitter... we have an absolute fossil managing this team
TRM
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The play was let Scrubb or Abreu pitch the 9th with no runners then pitch Pressley with the lead.
Beerosch
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I'm critical of Dusty but I don't think he didn't anything wrong. You can't pitch Pressly every high leverage inning.

You can unless he's tired. Don't think he was tonight
cap-n-jack
Will Dusty lose his **** or just lose his ***** Does he still have it or has he ever had it? Time to wade off in their ass dude. Rip that tie die mask off and do something pops.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

If we had added another run in the top half to make it 6-4 then yeah go to Abreu. But in a 1 run game I would have stuck with your proven commodity

I'm assuming that means Pressly?

Gotta be careful going to well too many times. We need him healthy all year. He only pitched 1 batter yesterday, but still got up and warm. Then today he was quick, but how often do you want him going multi innings?
Ags #1
AG
Parades wasnt ready or available i asssume?
Beat40
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

You guys are Jeckle and Hyde with this take though. Dusty puts a guy in to get the 3rd out, then runs him back out there only to be cold from having to sit and is wild, giving up runs, and you guys blame him. He doesn't do it here and you guys blame him. Dusty can't win with you guys.

In general, letting a reliever sit and then bringing him back in for a second inning is a really bad idea.
Farmer1906
AG
TRM said:

Farmer1906 said:

The play was let Scrubb or Abreu pitch the 9th with no runners then pitch Pressley with the lead.

Did anyone say it at the time? Seems like an easy call after you know the result. By doing that you risk losing the game without using your best pitcher.
bullard21k
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I'm assuming that means Pressly?

Gotta be careful going to well too many times. We need him healthy all year. He only pitched 1 batter yesterday, but still got up and warm. Then today he was quick, but how often do you want him going multi innings?

Innings are irrelevant for the most part. 10 pitches and running him out again in the 10th wouldn't be the end of the world.
AggiEE
2nd most devastating loss of the season

Thx Dusty
bullard21k
AG
Farmer1906 said:

TRM said:

Farmer1906 said:

Did anyone say it at the time? Seems like an easy call after you know the result. By doing that you risk losing the game without using your best pitcher.

Yes I did twice
tjack16
AG
Yeah I meant Pressly.

He had only faced 1 batter so far this road trip until tonight. I think he could have gone one more inning
First Page Last Page
Page 384 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.