***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,834,814 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

And why is Chas leading off?
I think if it were me, I'd go Brantley, Yuli, Correa, Bregman. I'd also be fine swapping Bregman and Yuli. I just like what Yuli's been doing at the plate lately and think if we could actually string together a couple of guys on base at the same time we might be able to make the opposing pitcher feel a little pressure.
I am down with this. Put our best 4 hitters in the top 4 slots. It shouldn't be that hard for Dusty.
MaxPower
I don't think Chas is the a week either but you have to try something. I hope they let him start 4 or 5 in a row and see what he does.
Ag_07
AG
Doesn't really matter.

Our senile manager will PH Toro anyways.
Beat40
MaxPower said:

I don't think Chas is the a week either but you have to try something. I hope they let him start 4 or 5 in a row and see what he does.
To me, switching Straw for Chas is like changing the spark plugs when your car won't start. Sure, it's might work and might be the problem, but the bigger problem is most likely your battery is dead. Why focus on changing the thing that has the least likelihood of impact?

We insist on trying to keep space between the left-handed batters so the other team can't bring in a lefty and face our left-handed batters back to back. However, it's resulting in line-ups like today where Yuli is batting 6th! behind Tucker, when clearly Yuli should be higher.

Like Farmer said - our best 4 hitters should be in the top 4 slots. By running a line up like the one we have out there today, I feel we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

Maybe try changing the battery by slotting the best hitters one after another and string together some hits and BBs. Seems to me this would have a greater impact than switching Straw for Chas.
tjack16
AG
we don't know what we have with Chas yet so I'm okay with trying him out at leadoff toda7 (i'd rather have brantley there though)

Straw has gotten 254 at bats as an Astro. At this point I think we know what we are getting and its an offensive liability with average to below average defense. Speed is great but if you don't get on base, it's worthless.

I say give Chas a shot until he shows you otherwise. So honestly I'd start him the next 3-5 games.
htxag09
AG
Damn. Looks like it's snowing it's ass off
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
are we on a different channel? att sw online is showing tennis
htxag09
AG
Alt channel 7 on UVerse. Whatever channel it's on whenever the rockets are also playing
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

are we on a different channel? att sw online is showing tennis
There should be an option to switch. I was just able to do it.
bearkatag15
AG
I guess Garcia and Urquidy are worried that wearing long sleeves will impact their pitching?
Farmer1906
AG
Why the hell are they playing in this?
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

And why is Chas leading off?
Because in a lot of ways Dusty still has a 1987 mindset.
Farmer1906
AG
This is not ideal.
CFTXAG10
AG
Urquidy is all over the place
Beat40
I just don't know why we care so much about Straw or Chas when the lineup isn't in an effective order to put pressure on a pitcher.

I care so little about which of them is playing when we have Tucker 5th and Yuli 6th while having Straw/Chas 1st.
Aggie8587
AG
Down 2-0 in the first. Have only scored 5 runs in the last 30 innings... Do we still have a chance?
Farmer1906
AG
At least Carlos is sharp defensively so far.
Farmer1906
AG
Exit Velos in the first

Brantly - 97.1
Correa - 100.5

McMahon - 77.9
Story - 75.7

CFTXAG10
AG
La Pina!
Jackal99
AG
That'll work.
MAROON
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

La Pina!
Yuli loves the snow from all the games he played in Cuba
Beat40
Yuli!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Harry Dunne
Aggie8587 said:

Down 2-0 in the first. Have only scored 5 runs in the last 30 innings... Do we still have a chance?
Yes.
Aggie8587
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Aggie8587 said:

Yes.
Love it. Carrying over the small bit of momentum from the 9th last night with nearly every hitter made great contact. Already got 4 balls in play at 90+ MPH today
tjack16
AG
Beat40 said:

I just don't know why we care so much about Straw or Chas when the lineup isn't in an effective order to put pressure on a pitcher.

I care so little about which of them is playing when we have Tucker 5th and Yuli 6th while having Straw/Chas 1st.

When our guys are not in slumps the lineup is very effective (see first 7 games of season)

We know what kind of hitters Bregman, Altuve and Tucker are when they are not in slumps.

We do not know Chas's potential in the lineup but we do at this point know Straw's
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This start has a 14-12 final written all over it.

The one time I have been to a game at Coors was 25 years ago, Rockies-Cardinals, was 8-5 after 2 innings. Homers flying out like they were using metal bats.
tjack16
AG
If Garcia doesn't start next time through the rotation, then that's inexcusable given the starting pitching we trot out their every night
Aggie8587
AG
Awful start from Urquidy. Maybe he should've worn sleeves
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

If Garcia doesn't start next time through the rotation, then that's inexcusable given the starting pitching we trot out their every night
He won't.

Who are you benching?
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

He won't.

Who are you benching?
Maybe Urquidy at this point lol
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This is the kind of start to a game where back in the 80s you had a sneaking suspicion that Craig Reynolds might end up pitching the 9th.
MaxPower
Looking like Urquidy at this point.....
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

He won't.

Who are you benching?

Either urquidy or giving Odorizzi time to get up to speed by letting him throw a simulated at alternate site.
Marvin
AG
This team just sucks right now. Someone find a switch to flip.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
First Page Last Page
Page 157 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.