*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

406,622 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
spadilly said:

MB, Professional Hitter.

torbush.....
Deluxe
AG
I hope that Tag tweet about JBJ was preparing the fanbase for that to be our marquee OF transaction this offseason
BCEDAg
AG
Click better have an action plan in play because so far not impressed. Need replacements for Springer, Brantley and Reddick, another catcher (what happened to Castro possible signing?) and a closer. Spring training starts in just a few weeks.
amercer
AG
Got some AAA outfield prospects?
MAROON
AG
well it looks like Springer/Brantley was always a package deal so we never had a shot at Uncle Mike, because we never had a shot at George. To bad, I love his game.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Panama Red
AG
MAROON said:

well it looks like Springer/Brantley was always a package deal so we never had a shot at Uncle Mike, because we never had a shot at George. To bad, I love his game.
I don't think this was a package deal at all. What makes you say that?

Brantley getting 3 years is a surprise. They may have won because no one else offered it.
Panama Red
AG
BCEDAg said:

Click better have an action plan in play because so far not impressed. Need replacements for Springer, Brantley and Reddick, another catcher (what happened to Castro possible signing?) and a closer. Spring training starts in just a few weeks.
Reddick was replaced last year by Tucker.
MAROON
AG
maybe not package, but looks like they are best friends and wanted to play together moving forward.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Deluxe
AG
Yep. Perhaps the Springer tie had a little bit to do with it, but it was mainly about the third year.
CFTXAG10
AG
Speculation on Twitter that we might be getting a Toronto outfielder headed this way to make room for Springer/Brantley....

The Gurriel Bros. in H-Town maybe? Not sure why Toronto would want to trade a young cheap talent but hey one can dream.

'21 3.5
'22 4.5
'23 5.4
arb eligible in '24
'25 UFA
Big Al 1992
AG
BCEDAg said:

Sucks but they have a plan - Click is no Bill O Brien.
Deluxe
AG
Grichuk seems more likely among their current OF they might look to unload. He's also from the Houston area.
BCEDAg
AG
Reddick and Tucker both played last year. Brantley dh'd most of the season while Tucker played left and Reddick played right field. To date no one has replaced Reddick on the roster since he's a free agent and unsigned.
Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Speculation on Twitter that we might be getting a Toronto outfielder headed this way to make room for Springer/Brantley....

The Gurriel Bros. in H-Town maybe? Not sure why Toronto would want to trade a young cheap talent but hey one can dream.

'21 3.5
'22 4.5
'23 5.4
arb eligible in '24
'25 UFA

I would take Gurriel or Teoscar.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Grichuk seems more likely among their current OF they might look to unload. He's also from the Houston area.
I would handle that. He's not cheap per say making 10.3 M a year, but that just means it'll take fewer good pieces to get him.

He hits the ball hard. He strikes out a lot. He plays a pretty so-so CF. He hits lefties well. He'd be a very clear improvement over what we have now.
Deluxe
AG
Agreed
Farmer1906
AG
halfastros81
AG
Sad day to lose Springer and Uncle Mike but $ drive the bus. On with the rebuild! Click knows what he's doing imo.
Farmer1906
AG
HOLD THE PHONES

Deluxe
AG
Gimme
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
This is not going well
Farmer1906
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

This is not going well
Yeah, but you thought that when we won 100+ games 3 years in a row too.
CFTXAG10
AG
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

This is not going well
I love you both.
Marvin
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Toronto is printing money, apparently...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

This is not going well
I love you both.
We have a fun community on here, for sure.
Ag4life80
AG
Blue Jay outfield is stout with Gurriel, Springer and Hernandez. I don't get giving big bucks to Brantley to largely be a DH. Not to mention the 'stros developed 2/3 of their outfield, which pisses me off.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag4life80 said:

Blue Jay outfield is stout with Gurriel, Springer and Hernandez. I don't get giving big bucks to Brantley to largely be a DH. Not to mention the 'stros developed 2/3 of their outfield, which pisses me off.
Don't forget they have Vlad Jr who's been a big fat failure at 3rd so he'll be DHing a lot too.
Mathguy64
AG
Lowered income last season and what looks to be a lower income stream this year and Toronto is spending cash like a drunk ad exec on a 3 day heater in Bangkok. Crazy.
Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Meanwhile, James Click is monitoring the market for Sheriff Blaylock's Nachos. Could be talked into paying extra for supreme depending on the price, sources tell ESPN.
Mr.Bond
AG
I feel like we need a meme of the "do something,poking the dead animal " with click on it
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

tylhair
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

BCEDAg said:

Sucks but they have a plan - Click is no Bill O Brien.
What evidence makes you believe Click has a plan? I have been very frustrated by Click's tenure. You would think a first time GM would be eager to leave their mark, but Click hasn't made a half-significant move since he's been here.

My hope was that we would become similar to Tampa Bay with more money and resources. I'm fearful now we are just saving money because Crane had a bad year or something.

Something I miss about Lunhow is how transparent he was with the direction of the team. We always knew if we were rebuilding, soft-rebuilding, going for it, extending the window, etc. Maybe Click does know what he is doing, but he isn't giving the fanbase any reason not to be worried.

Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I feel like we need a meme of the "do something,poking the dead animal " with click on it
Are we a joke to you?

Bobby Jimbo
AG
Farmer1906 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

'21 3.5
'22 4.5
'23 5.4
arb eligible in '24
'25 UFA

I would take Gurriel or Teoscar.
What about Biggio?
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.