11,500 tickets will be sold for each NLCS and World Series game

7,997 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
World Series suite inventory is getting pretty thin. If you Astros fans are feeling lucky, I can put you on the waitlist but cannot guarantee that you would get one
Maroon Elephant
AG
Any guesses when NLCS Game 1 might start Monday at Globe Life? I just got tickets.
Mr Gigem
AG
Doesn't matter who wins the LAD/SD series, if the Braves are in it then it will get the night slot. If it's the Marlins, then it will be the early afternoon slot. Just my opinion
CampingAg
AG
AccidentProne said:

Doesn't matter who wins the LAD/SD series, if the Braves are in it then it will get the night slot. If it's the Marlins, then it will be the early afternoon slot. Just my opinion

I hope you're right. Got tickets to NLCS game 4 on Thursday. Hopefully don't have to burn a half day.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Gonna be Dodgers-Braves. Can't imagine not putting that game n prime time.
Farmer1906
AG
Maroon Elephant said:

Do you even Yankees?
tjack16
AG
Maroon Elephant said:

If it's Astros/Yankees rematch ... that'll be prime time

Astros/Rays would get afternoon slots
DallasAg 94
BCSWguru
does anyone have a link for parking purchasing? i somehow missed doing that when I ordered.

related...will all lots be open to everyone?
Mr Gigem
AG
Shoot me a PM. I can help you out tomorrow
BCSWguru
No longer have PMs. Appreciate it tho!
CampingAg
AG
Well we know what the afternoon slot will be now.
BCSWguru
Do you have an email address I can hit up?
Mr Gigem
AG
BCSWguru
Got it...
DallasAg 94
ag4ever2010
AG
I've got Game 2 tickets for tomorrow and I'm freakin pumped up! Ian Anderson vs. Clayton Kershaw, new ballpark...it's a no-brainer for me.

MLB.com seems to list the games in order for each day, but not the times yet. How confident are we that those are the correct order? For example, Game 2 tomorrow shows as the late game. Am I to assume it is the 7 pm slot? Seems late to not have a set schedule for at least the first few games. That could drive some people away...
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I shocked at how little interest there seems to be in the NLDS.
11,500 seats... no in-person baseball all season.

I get it us the NL, but this is the 1st game in-person for GLF.

Is it because it is NL?
CV19 fear?
Fans upset at MLB and not important?
Fans upset at the Rangers and baseball is not as important?
Is it that people don't know the sections/seats and uncertain about the site-lines/views, to pay big money?

One of the most important things the Rangers did with RBiA, was to get fans "attached" to the stadium. It was as much about the stadium, as it was any player. That allowed interest to transcend players and free-agents.

With no in-person for this season, and a "youth" movement set for the next couple years, if fans don't attach to GLF... the Rangers won't get a 2nd chance.

I just can't believe there are not 11,500 baseball fans in North Texas, that would jump at the chance to see a Pennant Game... regardless of who is playing.

I'll be there, for no other reason than to see a baseball game live... at this new Home Depot Beer Barn.

If the game presentation is poor... it will not bode well for the 2021 Rangers.
Not sure what you're talking. Both the NLCS and World Series are sold out.

If you are indeed talking about the NLDS and that isn't a typo in your post, we didn't sell tickets for the NLDS.
Proposition Joe
Based on his last few posts I think he was expecting to have some major financial windfall from his tickets.

WS has demand because most people want to check that off their bucket list and this is an opportunity.

NLCS between two non-Rangers teams? Your local Dodgers/Braves fans will want to go, but your average baseball fan isn't going to care all that much.

He's not going to be happy with prices if Dodgers lose to Atlanta.
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

AccidentProne said:

Not sure what you're talking. Both the NLCS and World Series are sold out.

If you are indeed talking about the NLDS and that isn't a typo in your post, we didn't sell tickets for the NLDS.
I never said it wasn't sold out.

Yesterday you could go to StubHub and buy tickets for LESS than than what they were bought for.

Today, the prices are even lower than yesterday.

Indeed... The NLCS and WS were sold out. It is just concerning to me that at 25% capacity... for a MLB playoff game, that tickets are available for less than they were bought for.

I have tickets for 3 NLCS games and 3 WS games. I'm actually considering buying better seats for the NLCS, and giving my $70 seats to friends.
Lead with that next time. Your original post was certainly implying there were still lots of tickets available
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Based on his last few posts I think he was expecting to have some major financial windfall from his tickets.

WS has demand because most people want to check that off their bucket list and this is an opportunity.

NLCS between two non-Rangers teams? Your local Dodgers/Braves fans will want to go, but your average baseball fan isn't going to care all that much.

He's not going to be happy with prices if Dodgers lose to Atlanta.
I haven't posted any of my tickets for sale. That includes the section where tickets are in the $2k/ea range. I am in fact... a local Dodger fan. So the NL playing in Arlington is amazing to me.

Tonight's game is important to me, because of the new stadium. I have tickets for another game, which I'm definitely going to THAT game, and in fact, depending on prices, likely to buy more in that section.

Regarding the WS... it is on my bucket list. So much so, I was looking at getting a Suite, to ensure getting into the game.

I have tickets to 3 WS games. I will use one set. I have some in-laws that are Astros fans, so if the Astros are in... one set will go to them. They will be a gift to a single mom with two baseball obsessed sons who are Astros fans.

With 24 tickets "in-hand" for the two series, it is more likely I buy MORE seats than I sell.
But you didn't
Proposition Joe
Just as a heads up - if Braves upset the Dodgers, prices will drop significantly.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
EagleAg19
Some weird flexing going on here
BCSWguru
NLCS gets the early games Tuesday and Wednesday.
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
LSCSN said:

Where did you see that? The networks have been going back and forth all day trying to lock down the time slot
Ag13
AG
AccidentProne said:

LSCSN said:

Where did you see that? The networks have been going back and forth all day trying to lock down the time slot
ESPN reflecting this

https://www.espn.com/mlb/schedule/_/date/20201013
Mr Gigem
AG
Yeah we just had a meeting. Games 2 and 3 at 5:05pm
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.