11,500 tickets will be sold for each NLCS and World Series game

7,958 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSWguru
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's pretty weird watching people filter into the stadium
BCSWguru
Will admit, am getting pretty excited to see a playoff game. 6 hours round trip and don't even care.
ag4ever2010
AG
Well at least it's not 3:05. 5 pm is more manageable.
The Lost
AccidentProne said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I shocked at how little interest there seems to be in the NLDS.
11,500 seats... no in-person baseball all season.

I get it us the NL, but this is the 1st game in-person for GLF.

Is it because it is NL?
CV19 fear?
Fans upset at MLB and not important?
Fans upset at the Rangers and baseball is not as important?
Is it that people don't know the sections/seats and uncertain about the site-lines/views, to pay big money?

One of the most important things the Rangers did with RBiA, was to get fans "attached" to the stadium. It was as much about the stadium, as it was any player. That allowed interest to transcend players and free-agents.

With no in-person for this season, and a "youth" movement set for the next couple years, if fans don't attach to GLF... the Rangers won't get a 2nd chance.

I just can't believe there are not 11,500 baseball fans in North Texas, that would jump at the chance to see a Pennant Game... regardless of who is playing.

I'll be there, for no other reason than to see a baseball game live... at this new Home Depot Beer Barn.

If the game presentation is poor... it will not bode well for the 2021 Rangers.
Not sure what you're talking. Both the NLCS and World Series are sold out.

If you are indeed talking about the NLDS and that isn't a typo in your post, we didn't sell tickets for the NLDS.
You can buy game 2/3 NLCS tickets through the rangers site right now... but stubhub is cheaper.

If world series tickets keep falling for game 4 (they've gone from 550 to 400 to get in) we may go to both 4 and 5.

The combo of people not wanting to go to events/no local team will make this the year to knock if off your bucket list at a reasonable price.
DallasAg 94
Leander - Ag
AG
Is it possible to get 2 tickets to these games? I've heard they are not allowing original purchasers to break the 4 seat pods for resale?

I'm not seeing WS tickets sales in pairs.

How can they enforce this?
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
CampingAg
AG
Awesome time at the game tonight. Glad the roof was open. I'm also going Thursday. Looking at the weather I hope it's open the rest of the series.

I'd say it was a third Dodger fans, a third Braves, and a third random. Lots of transplants for both fan bases here.
DallasAg 94
BCSWguru
they letting people watch BP?
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

CampingAg said:

Awesome time at the game tonight. Glad the roof was open. I'm also going Thursday. Looking at the weather I hope it's open the rest of the series.

I'd say it was a third Dodger fans, a third Braves, and a third random. Lots of transplants for both fan bases here.
We were in RF and it seemed more people wearing Dodgers gear... but the Braves chant made it seem like mostly Braves fan. As you said, it was likely split in 3rds.

It was NOT a normal Rangers crowd.

Most of the team gear being worn was not new and they didn't have any Dodgers/Braves gear for sale, so you knew they were probably transplants. We asked at one of the shops and they said it would be in today/Tuesday. They had WS 2020 Baseballs and a WS 2020 patch, but nothing I could find with NLCS/Dodgers/Braves on it.

We'll be out there Friday. We thanked everyone working for helping to make it possible. Think about it... you have people working for essentially two weeks to help make this possible. It was much appreciated.

Much longer than that, but yes it has taken a lot of hard work to make this possible. For many of the CSR working last night, that was their first game EVER. Very much appreciated for the all around effort that it takes
BCSWguru
read a nice article by Levi Weaver (The Athletic) on the Monday game. Sounds like most people behaved and followed the rules. Glad to see it.
CampingAg
AG
I also wonder if they'll play the tomohawk chop when the Braves are the home team. Hopefully the Rangers don't cave to PC culture.
The Lost
I dont get ticketing at all, right now on the rangers site you can get mezzanine tickets for todays game.

I will never understand late ticket drops like this for events. Is this returned comps or something?
Mr Gigem
AG
Returned tickets is probably the case
BCSWguru
Roof open tonight, changes the feel altogether. Will admit I won't hate coming to games here. 15-1 right now, picked a good one.
BMX Bandit
LSCSN said:

Roof open tonight, changes the feel altogether. Will admit I won't hate coming to games here. 15-1 right now, picked a good one.

You are lucky to get to go. Won't have awesome weather for roof open October games in Arlington for at least a decade after 2020
Proposition Joe
Damn. Sick burn.
BCSWguru
With 11 runs in the first, had plenty of time to walk around and snap phone pics.

Proposition Joe
Great pics
DallasAg 94
BCSWguru
ha, yep! that was our first view of the stadium upon entering.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
As a season ticket holder, I had the opportunity to buy tickets. I passed and have not regretted it. Demand has been LOW.
wbt5845
AG
BTW - great pics. Here's where my season tickets are - I've visited them once!

DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

wbt5845 said:

As a season ticket holder, I had the opportunity to buy tickets. I passed and have not regretted it. Demand has been LOW.
Demand has certainly been low. Lower than I expected, for sure.

I'm surprised you didn't pickup the WS tickets, at a minimum. For me, the WS is a bucket list, so I may never have another opportunity.

Just looked and the Cowboys apparently play at home, tonight.

Well, I've been to all the Ranger WS games, so...

And Cowboys are tomorrow night.
wbt5845
AG
Dallas - much success moving your WS tix?
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

wbt5845 said:

Dallas - much success moving your WS tix?
I haven't really tried.

I still have tickets to the 3 games I bought.

ETA, G3 are my best seats and I'm concerned if I sell them, and the Dodgers sweep, my G5 and G6 tickets are worthless and then I still have going to a WS game on my bucket list.
Quit playing with your food. Just go to the game and enjoy. There's no risk for G5 and G6 tickets because they will be refunded if those games don't get played.
Leander - Ag
AG
How is Parking? Cost? Any tips?

I see lot B on stub hub for $30

Thanks
BCSWguru
$30 is what I paid for parking through the Rangers. For the NLCS, it was $25, and parking was a breeze. We were out of the lot in seconds after the game.
DallasAg 94
BCSWguru
not related to baseball...but is Cane Rosso open in Arlington yet?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.