****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,648,482 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like Aledmys getting the start in left field today. Wonder if we'll see that in the playoffs. Would rather have his bat in the lineup than Reddick's.
mwm
Well, that went a long way.
tjack16
AG
Wow this thread is dead today
n_touch
tjack16 said:

Dusty Baker is making all the posters sit this one out. Since they have been here all season he is worried they wont be ready for the post season. You know metrics and all.
Mathguy64
AG
n_touch said:

tjack16 said:

Dusty Baker is making all the posters sit this one out. Since they have been here all season he is worried they wont be ready for the post season. You know metrics and all.

And we are done here. Blue parachute sir.
mwm
We don't make very many "productive" outs.
tjack16
AG
n_touch said:

tjack16 said:

Texags has been listed as Day-to-Day for brain discomfort. Injured trying to decipher the dumb*ss moves Dusty Baker makes each game
Deluxe
AG
Might be on the minority here but good to see Altuve and Correa go long today
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

JABQ04 said:

Who called going 2-5 on this road trip a few days ago? I did t think it was possible, but here we are looking at it tomm.

I tried to warn you guys and all I got was laughed at and told how ridiculous it was.

We're just not a good baseball team.
Ag_07 said:

JABQ04 said:

Who called going 2-5 on this road trip a few days ago? I did t think it was possible, but here we are looking at it tomm.

I tried to warn you guys and all I got was laughed at and told how ridiculous it was.

We're just not a good baseball team.
Did someone really say you were ridiculous? For trying to "warn" us? I think you just got told to stop being a whiny pessimistic beezotch.

This is the Astros thread. For Astros fans. We don't come here to be "warned" that we might suck and to temper our expectations.
scrimp
AG
Get Odor down 0-2 and throw that meatball, huh?
Farmer1906
AG
Is someone trying to brag about being right because we started a bunch of back ups the last 2 games after we clinched?
Deluxe
AG
Back in 2015 we struggled down the stretch and backed into the playoffs. Then we dominated the Yankees in the WC game and came within a few outs of beating the team that went on to win the WS. Just gotta get rolling at the right time and get a break or two. Been a disappointing season but that can change real quick.
Ag_07
AG
Not pessimistic...Realistic
tjack16
AG
Deluxe said:

Back in 2015 we struggled down the stretch and backed into the playoffs. Then we dominated the Yankees in the WC game and came within a few outs of beating the team that went on to win the WS. Just gotta get rolling at the right time and get a break or two. Been a disappointing season but that can change real quick.

The 2015 team would beat these guys right now ... more power and Cy young Dallas Keuchel would shut our lineup down right now
Harry Dunne
You're a real delight.
Breggy Popup
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yep. On 8/12 tjack asked what everyone thought gojng forward...

25-35 me
27-33 Mathguy
30-30 W
31-29 (from 39-21) tjack

Many of us saw this all coming for a while now.
Harry Dunne
Bregxit said:

Ag_07 said:

Yep. On 8/12 tjack asked what everyone thought gojng forward...

25-35 me
27-33 Mathguy
30-30 W
31-29 (from 39-21) tjack

Many of us saw this all coming for a while now.
You ashsoles are acting like this is some type of Nostradamus prediction.OMG did you really see it coming?!?! What were the clues? Are you a wizard?

Pretty obvious that was the most likely outcome and we will definitely not be favored to advance in any round of the postseason. Does it make you feel better to be right about it? I just don't understand wet blanket fans.
tjack16
AG
Not happy about the lack of fight the past 2 games. But I do think our core guys having so much playoff experience will help and we win the series against Oakland or Minnesota next weekend.
Breggy Popup
AG
LoL...I am one if the biggest Stros pumpers on this board. Discussing reality is not being a wet blanket or being pessimistic. Our team had massive hurdles to overcome just to make it to 500.
Ag_07
AG
Looks to me that you're the only one here acting like an ashole. Don't get so riled up that not everyone drinks the Kool Aid.

We're just sitting here looking back saying 'Yep...They are who we thought they were'.
Harry Dunne
I know you are, which is why I'm surprised that you're jumping on the "I called it" train. Anyone who thought it was going to turn out any other way than it has is either blindly optimistic or stupid.

Obviously there is a small hope that the team will turn it on in the playoffs and that's why we're all still watching.

Its just the "I told you guys we weren't any good - called it!" fans that make me want to drive to their house and kick them in the nuts. Great buddy, you called it.

bullard21k
AG
Ag_07 said:

Looks to me that you're the only one here acting like an ashole. Don't get so riled up that not everyone drinks the Kool Aid.

We're just sitting here looking back saying 'Yep...They are who we thought they were'.

That guy would argue with a lamp post just to hear himself talk.

Probably a lawyer or an engineer whose doesn't realize how they come across to most people
Farmer1906
AG
Here is a big pick me to get us back on track

Oh wait that's just depressing.
AggieLit
It seems like we pretty much need to be in a 100-win season to win the season series against the Rangers. We've just never consistently gotten up to play them. Sucks when you have inlaws in Dallas.

I know we're saving players for the playoffs.
Deluxe
AG
tjack16 said:

Deluxe said:

The 2015 team would beat these guys right now ... more power and Cy young Dallas Keuchel would shut our lineup down right now

It an interesting comparison between the two teams. Agree that the top of the rotation was better in 2015 w Keuchel. Rotation depth better this year. Bullpen better in 2015.

Offense is tougher. The current team definitely has better players up and down the order. 2015 had strike out kings like Rasmus, Carter, Castro and Luis V. Just a matter of getting them to perform at the right time. We'll see.
Harry Dunne
You're not wrong. Sorry I came in a little too hot fellas. Just frustrated about the season.

...and you're pretty argumentative yourself. I love Matt Bullard so I always remember your posts. A little takes one to know one situation.
Ag_07
AG
We all are frustrated.

If we had the lineup the Rangers do we'd all be content and understanding of why we suck but it's frustrating AF to have a lineup stacked with the talent this team has to be floundering around .500.

Add in to it that this is probably the last hurrah for Springer, Brantley, Reddick, and Yuli.

It's going to really hurt to see George playing in a uniform other than the Houston Astros.
Harry Dunne
That's the truth. You're a good poster. Sorry I was being an ashole.

Here's to a miracle in October.
dshedd41
S
Grrrrrrr
Gig’em Aggies!
mwm
So much for the self-righteous rangers & their faux outrage for breaking the unwritten rules of baseball.
tjack16
AG
Barring a comeback today We went 9-11 against the Rangers and angels this year
mwm
I detest this brand of baseball. I'd rather be watching 13-year olds play on a full-size field.

I think Strom has just about had it with some of these young throwers.
Frok
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Here is a big pick me to get us back on track

Oh wait that's just depressing.

He's gone. Every time you see something like this they are not planning on staying.
W
AG
tjack16 said:

Barring a comeback today We went 9-11 against the Rangers and angels this year
you know what saved the Astros was the 4-game home/road sweep of the Rockies.

the only time the 'stros played great in a road series. Thank you Tucker and Coors Field
W
AG
the Twins will be the #2 seed if they win. Currently tied in the 9th
First Page Last Page
Page 543 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.