****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,624,605 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

Season ends with Springer on deck...
kind of ominous
Buck Compton
AG
Good season, guys. Tough game to stomach at the end, but the Rays' more talented pitching came out in the end. Injuries killed us this year. Different feeling that last year - we actually overachieved a bit. Doesn't hurt nearly as much as the last one.

That being said, someone needs to hire a sports psychologist and keep them on retainer for these guys. They were pressing all year. They're way better than what they showed today. And it's all mental.
gambochaman
AG
Way to show up tonight
Mathguy64
AG
That's a hell of a string. 4 straight ALCS. Picking themselves up off the deck down 0-3.

Hat tip to this team.
Ag12thman
AG
That pitcher was nervous as hell. Should have been able to take advantage.
BayAg_14
Have fun with a Rays WS MLB.
tremble
AG
Sucks to lose.

Will be interesting to see what Click does for next season. I'm ambivalent about paying Greinke as much as we are and JV is done too. Lots of money tied up in two guys.
Frok
AG
Oh well. That's it for me, I will not be following the World Series. Back to Netflix
Ag12thman
AG
Nothing to be ashamed about. Great season.
EagleAg19
tjack16 said:

Season ends with Springer on deck...
Kills me. Proud of our team though.
jetch17
AG
htxag09
AG
Hell of a run.

Let's go Braves. **** the dodgers. **** Diaz and the rays
BayAg_14
Frok said:

Oh well. That's it for me, I will not be following the World Series. Back to Netflix
If LA doesn't make it nobody is watching.
Olsen
AG
Tom Brady going to Tampa Bay made them a city of champions. First the Tampa Bay Lightning winning the Stanley Cup and now this.
ClickClack
AG
This team is special. Looking forward to a 162-game season next year, hopefully. It was fun guys. Mostly.
Cromagnum
AG
Damn having Verlander dealing aces, Osuna helping us finish key games, and Alvarez swinging the big stick would have made a huge difference this year.
Deluxe
AG
Mathguy64 said:

That's a hell of a string. 4 straight ALCS. Picking themselves up off the deck down 0-3.

Hat tip to this team.

Yep. Dug ourselves a little too deep of a hole those first few games. Played better than them for the most part but some a few too many costly mistakes.

Hat tip to the Rays. Great season for the Stros.
tjack16
AG
I feel like we just got off of the offseason thread. Not ready to go back

I really thought after last night we were winning the pennant. I'm very disappointed in tonight. I know we overachieved and getting to fame 7 was historic .... but damn I wanted this one badly. This is going to sting for a long time
kb2001
AG
Not a good regular season, great run in the postseason, just came up short against a better team. Hats off to the team.

Pulling for the Rays in the WS now
Deluxe
AG
Someone who's a regular please start the offseason thread. The OP on last year's sucked and it directly led to our worst offseason.
scrimp
AG
Bummer to end the season. Glad they fought back to even the series at 3-3, but too many missed opportunities in those games. Did a lot better than I expected in this crazy season.
AggiEE
Kashchei said:

Who is gone next year? Reddick? George??

Reddick and Brantley for sure

Hope we can sign Springer
Ag12thman
AG
Cromagnum said:

Damn having Verlander dealing aces, Osuna helping us finish key games, and Alvarez swinging the big stick would have made a huge difference this year.
We'd have been in the World Series again for sure.
Marvin
AG
McCullers throwing a fastball to Arozarena in the first inning was the ballgame. I will never understand that stupidity. Just galacticly dumb.
tjack16
AG
Astros 2021 World Series Champions

You heard it here first
agdaddy04
AG
Great postseason. Always fun with you guys. Hate that they let the roided up rookie win it, but oh well. Get it next year.
Deluxe
AG
You wanna start the offseason thread? You're a reg.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
I know people are going to blame Lance, but if Yuli comes through in the 7th or Bregman in the 8th it doesn't matter... Just saying there's plenty of blame to go around.

I just looked up the free agent lists and the only outfielders of note (besides ours) are Ozuna, Cespedes and Puig (ugh)

I don't even know if we'll have money to throw around if we sign Springer... who even plays?
AggiEE
Marvin said:

McCullers throwing a fastball to Arozarena in the first inning was the ballgame. I will never understand that stupidity. Just galacticly dumb.

Good chance that if Greinke had the opportunity to pitch we win the game. He knows mostly not to do stupid **** like that
tremble
AG
AggiEE said:

Kashchei said:

Who is gone next year? Reddick? George??

Reddick and Brantley for sure

Hope we can sign Springer

I don't see it. If we didn't have JV and Greinke on the books maybe we could swing it. I just don't see how we can afford it if we are going to OT Correa.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
AggiEE said:

Marvin said:

Good chance that if Greinke had the opportunity to pitch we win the game. He knows mostly not to do stupid **** like that

He smoked a Grienke curve for a bomb too
bluefire579
AG
Great playoff push, but ****ing hell, LMJ lost it for us the moment he gave up that home run in the first. You had them completely on their heels, and you immediately gave them confidence. From that moment on, you could see that it was a completely different team on that bench. You can't give a team like that life, and that's exactly what we did in that first inning.

We went farther that anyone thought possible, and that's a definite win, but damn does losing like that hurt.
Ag12thman
AG
Marvin said:

Agreed. McCullers was a disappointment for a lot of the season.
dshedd41
S
A tough loss but a great season. I really did not expect us to make it this far. Until next years boys, I'm signing off. Proud to enjoy the ride with y'all
Gig’em Aggies!
Big Al 1992
AG
It's not a real season anyways...
First Page Last Page
Page 863 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.