****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,631,401 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
BayAg_14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Panama Red said:

BayAg_14 said:

Offense is going to have to dig deep and find something special tonight. Rays heavy favorites in Vegas.

-135 is a "heavy favorite"?

Well **** ESPN lied to me. They showed -380 this morning. Odds Shark confirms -135 now. Pretty much a pick em!
3B Paul 97
AG
JABQ04 said:

To be fair, he might have just been celebrating making contact in the playoffs. He normally only gets to walk straight back to the dugout.
JYDog90
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I don't think Ford could tell watching the monitor.
Really good point. I had forgotten about them watching the monitor. They've done such a good job of calling it I felt like they were there. Thanks.
EagleAg19
JABQ04 said:

I don't think I've ever seen an athlete consistently look as high as he does.
n_touch
Deluxe said:

He wants in so bad
Deluxe
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

One of the guys on MLB said watching the highlights "Maldonado is sneaky fast around the base paths"

And yes huge play and balls from 3rd base coach - the camera angle showed the ball bounce towards the catcher way before Maldy even came into the frame. Thought he was gone for sure. Great belly flop slide too!
Haha that was my thought too. They panned to home plate and Maldy wasn't even in the frame yet. Was like "crap" until I realized how weak the throw was.
ClickClack
AG
Astros are +360 to be ALCS champs. Rays -500. Tempting.
n_touch
Bauer at Stroms house hoping he tossed away some notes that would help him

Big Al 1992
AG
ClickClack said:

You'd be in good shape if you had bet Astros to win last 2 games each rather than whole ALCS. Get it to a game 7 and I see the Astros all of the sudden becoming the favorite.
Deluxe
AG
Asked my Yankees fan friend if he thought Correa's historical comp was Jeter (greatest playoff SS of all time) or Babe Ruth (called his shot). He didn't like those comps very much. I agreed and said he more of an ideal combination of both.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
EagleAg19 said:

JABQ04 said:

I don't think I've ever seen an athlete consistently look as high as he does.
They've got the role of Spiccoli waiting for him in the Fast Times remake.
Ihatefallscounty
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Also noticing a lot of Astro love from the media this morning for first time all season - 3 reasons -
1) team has always been fun to watch, especially in 2017-2019 and it's ok to cheer for them again in 2020
2) no matter what they did or didn't do - they are good ball players. Very, very good. Springer, Altuve, Bregs and Correa are elite.
3) for all the Dusty criticism- a lot of it rightly so - everyone in baseball loves him and is cheering for him.
I'm eating alot of crow on Dusty.....I was a big critic during the season....the game plan makes sense now and he was 400 steps ahead of everyone in preparing for the post season.
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
Cromagnum
AG
Bad things can't happen enough to that d-bag. Keep em coming.
Cromagnum
AG
You hate to see it.

astros4545
AG
Tucker is going deep tonight off of Snell
Wabs
AG
I really wanted a rematch with the Dodgers, but at this point I just want to see the Braves destroy them tonight and send them home with their tails tucked.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Update from last night: Hugh Jackman was kind enough to say hello to my wife when she "happened to get up" during the interview and also said hello to Puppy Carlos Correa who was making a lot of noise.
scrimp
AG
Bellinger isn't on my list of favorite players by any means, but he did crush that ball--barreled, 103 off the bat, 26 degree LA, 410 ft. It had an xBA of .890. Just hit it to the exact deepest part of the park.
n_touch
MuckRaker96 said:

Update from last night: Hugh Jackman was kind enough to say hello to my wife when she "happened to get up" during the interview and also said hello to Puppy Carlos Correa who was making a lot of noise.
What coffee was he drinking?
Farmer1906
AG
scrimp said:

Bellinger isn't on my list of favorite players by any means, but he did crush that ball--barreled, 103 off the bat, 26 degree LA, 410 ft. It had an xBA of .890. Just hit it to the exact deepest part of the park.
Sounds like they build a stadium in Arlington that plays huge.
htxag09
AG
It was windy as hell
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

scrimp said:

Sounds like they build a stadium in Arlington that plays huge.

And they also built a wind tunnel when the roof is open to test aerodynamics in the off-season.

It was 9:00 and the players hair and jerseys were blowing like a fan on high.
n_touch
A cold front was moving in. Two things with that.

1. They never plan to use the stadium in October so it doesn't matter.

2. They can shut the roof to prevent that.

The stupidity of MLB to force the roof open for Covid is laughable but understandable with Manfred in charge.
ClickClack
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

ClickClack said:

You'd be in good shape if you had bet Astros to win last 2 games each rather than whole ALCS. Get it to a game 7 and I see the Astros all of the sudden becoming the favorite.

Bet $100 on Astros today straight up wins $115
Bet $215 if they won (assume game 7 is +100) to win $215
Total winnings $330

Bet $100 today on Astros ALCS winners to win $360

The +360 is better

If you're talking about two games ago, I'm sure the Astros were +1100 or something like that for ALCS.
07ag
AG

let's ucking go!! let's rock and roll again today
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
n_touch said:

MuckRaker96 said:

You don't give coffee to a puppy.
tjack16
AG
scrimp said:

That's a lot of words for "he got out"
n_touch
MuckRaker96 said:

n_touch said:

MuckRaker96 said:

You don't give coffee to a puppy.
Why not? Start them early
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sorry for going full Star Wars cheese ball, but this is how I'm feeling today after the last two days. Would make more sense if we were playing the Yankees (evil Empire and such) but you get the point.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Deluxe said:

Asked my Yankees fan friend if he thought Correa's historical comp was Jeter (greatest playoff SS of all time) or Babe Ruth (called his shot). He didn't like those comps very much. I agreed and said he more of an ideal combination of both.
I jsut sent this to two of my Yankee fan friends
iamtheglove
CFTXAG10 said:

Bregxit said:

Anyone have the radio call yet?

Sure do!

Can any Spanish speakers translate for the rest of us?
n_touch
iamtheglove said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Bregxit said:

Sure do!

With the excitement in his voice, the words used may catch us a ban
spadilly
S
Can we please pitch around Arozarena tonight? Don't give him anything to hit.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
iamtheglove said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Bregxit said:

Sure do!

I took 14 hours of Spanish at A&M between 1993-1995, this is what I heard:

"The Rays of Tampa want to take a book to the library. Should they take a train or an autobus? Baseball is a sport in North America, Mexico, and Cuba as well. The gringo Nick Anderson is very tall and has very large shoes. He is delivering the pitch. Oh MY! Carlos Correa has taken this pitch and turned it around in a most glorious and convincing fashion! Kevin Kiermaier cannot ascend to a height of correctness to deny this baseball's visa! It has left San Diego and was last seen heading south to Tijuana! Have a tequila on me, Senor Baseball!"
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
First Page Last Page
Page 802 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.