****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,796 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I see the dodgers got beat down again... what a shame!
gougler08
AG
BCSGrubber said:

BayAg_14 said:

Offense is going to have to dig deep and find something special tonight. Rays heavy favorites in Vegas.
If we don't throw meatballs to Arozarena, offense might not have to work so hard.

Not sure why we haven't given him the Judge treatment of only breaking balls away and if he walks, so be it
Ag_07
AG
Again...Bauer's entire act is a schtick.
PoppaB05
AG
The bullpen angle is overblown. The reality is that the more you see a guy in a 7 game series, the more likely you are too get to them. So in that aspect, we are behind the 8 ball. But in the other side, you have to think the plan today is 6 from Framber and 2 from Javier. Same setup if we get to 7 with LMJ and Jose. Most of the guys we saw yesterday will likely only pitch 1 more inning in the series, if that. We are ok.
BCSGrubber
AG
spadilly said:

I maintain the belief that deep down he wants to be an Astro.
In his mind it would be like Hogan turning heel and joining the NWO.

Panama Red
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Offense is going to have to dig deep and find something special tonight. Rays heavy favorites in Vegas.

-135 is a "heavy favorite"?
Buck Compton
AG
PoppaB05 said:

The bullpen angle is overblown. The reality is that the more you see a guy in a 7 game series, the more likely you are too get to them. So in that aspect, we are behind the 8 ball. But in the other side, you have to think the plan today is 6 from Framber and 2 from Javier. Same setup if we get to 7 with LMJ and Jose. Most of the guys we saw yesterday will likely only pitch 1 more inning in the series, if that. We are ok.
Thats 100% true. If any of the guys from yesterday pitch more that one more time this series, we've already lost anyway.
tjack16
AG
Panama Red said:

BayAg_14 said:

Spread is 135 runs? I'll take the Astros to cover

(baseball spreads have always been confusing to me)
Farmer1906
AG
We have been held to 1-2-2-4-4. If we follow the pattern then we'll score 4 again today and then 8 tomorrow. But seriously our bats are due to break out. This sub 3 runs per game aint gunna cut it.
Mathguy64
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Nope. We have kryponite. It's a certain pair of dancing jigglypuffs.
TayTrox
AG
Was anyone else yelling at Correa to run? Imagine if that hit the wall and he was still in the batter's box.
tjack16
AG
TayTrox said:

Was anyone else yelling at Correa to run? Imagine if that hit the wall and he was still in the batter's box.
off the bat I didn't get super excited because it looked like a popfly from the angle on tv and alot of balls have looked great until caught at the track. Then the way he stared at it got me hyped and when Kiermaier kept going back I knew it was gone
Buck Compton
AG
TayTrox said:

No, he knew he got ahold of it. I was cheering from when it left his bat.

Besides, that ball either leaves the park or is caught with that hang time.
CFTXAG10
AG
After watching this a million times last night and again this morning, I need to find a way to make this the morning wake up alarm on my phone....

agproducer
AG
Some thoughts here:

By consistently getting to the Rays bullpen we are seeing the same arms over and over. Cash has been good about limiting use, but remember one series the Astros kept seeing bullpen guys again and again? That was the World Series in 17. Dave Roberts kept relying heavily on his pen, the best in baseball at that time. So, I think that bodes well for the Astros.

The Astros also hit high velocity well. See Carlos. See Altuve. The Rays have lots of high velocity guys. Again, I think that bodes well.

Bregman, Yuli and Tuck need to get going at the plate for us to win. Alex has had some bad luck, but the last two games he's look lost and confused. It looks like he's changed his approach at the plate. He needs to get back to what he was doing at the beginning on the series. Yuli needs to try working the ball the other way, just throw the bat out there. It looks like he is trying to get it of his slump with one big swing, and he keeps pounding the ball into the ground. Tuck needs to find his got streak. He has a few clutch hits against the A's, but hasn't done much this series. When was the last time he got an XBH?

Lastly, I'm proud of this team, regardless of what happens. They have been punched in the face and gut repeatedly all year with injuries, negativity from fans and dealing with the 'rona. I mean seriously, what kind of tool had the time to go down to Petco just to call them cheaters through a megaphone. Let it go, dude... your team has already been eliminated. Anyway, they Astros could have packed it in all year. They didn't. They were down 3-0. They could have packed it in again. They didn't.

We are two wins away from the 3rd World Series in 4 years. The Astros have a shot. It's all house money at this point. Let's cash in again.

LFG!!!!!
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

We have been held to 1-2-2-4-4. If we follow the pattern then we'll score 4 again today and then 8 tomorrow. But seriously our bats are due to break out. This sub 3 runs per game aint gunna cut it.

I'm hoping we hit Snell hard again today and that equals 4-5 runs. It think Bregman is the key to an offensive breakout.
BMX Bandit
TayTrox said:

I think he knew it was gone or he was out.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Panama Red said:

BayAg_14 said:

ESPN app showing TB -380
gougler08
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Panama Red said:

BayAg_14 said:

ESPN app showing TB -380

Shows -134 for me right now
Ag_07
AG
I was thinking about Correa's shot this morning while watching it again...This is why you continue to drive the ball up the middle regardless of the shift.

If he tries to pull that ball it's a weak pop up.

I know after seeing him hit hard ground ball after hard ground ball up the middle into the shift we all think 'He's got to stop hitting it up the middle' but this is a reminder that he needs to keep doing it and good things will happen.

To me there's nothing wrong with a hard hit ball up the middle. If someone is there so be it but man if he drives it with enough launch it gonna be good.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ok it literally just changed for me
Deluxe
AG
Good point
tjack16
AG
How huge was it sending Maldonado home on that Brantley hit last night? Will probably get overlooked due to walkoff but that was a huge play
JYDog90
AG
tjack16 said:

TayTrox said:

off the bat I didn't get super excited because it looked like a popfly from the angle on tv and alot of balls have looked great until caught at the track. Then the way he stared at it got me hyped and when Kiermaier kept going back I knew it was gone
I was listening to Correa's AB in the car and when he hit it Robert Ford didn't sound too excited either
Mathguy64
AG
I don't think Ford could tell watching the monitor.
mike_ags_fan12

Yes. I believe they are at the studio for this series. Had it been in person, Robert would have gone nuts.

redline248
AG
I don't know how, but according to McTaggert Brooks Raley is a rookie
astros4545
AG
redline248 said:

First year in the majors = Rookie
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
So we have framber/Javier tonight. Can't be mad at that.
JABQ04
AG
Mr.Ackar07
astros4545 said:

redline248 said:

First year in the majors = Rookie
He was in the majors in 2012 and 2013. However, he didn't reach the 50 inning threshold or spend 45 days on an active 25 man roster to expire his rookie status.
Mr President Elect
AG
redline248 said:

I always enjoy hearing Correa talk about his at-bats post game. He gives great insight and he usually has a very methodic approach as opposed to the guys that just say "I don't know, I just tried to put a a good swing on the ball".
Big Al 1992
AG
tjack16 said:

How huge was it sending Maldonado home on that Brantley hit last night? Will probably get overlooked due to walkoff but that was a huge play

One of the guys on MLB said watching the highlights "Maldonado is sneaky fast around the base paths"

And yes huge play and balls from 3rd base coach - the camera angle showed the ball bounce towards the catcher way before Maldy even came into the frame. Thought he was gone for sure. Great belly flop slide too!
Jackal99
AG
JABQ04 said:

What a ******nozzle.
Big Al 1992
AG
Also noticing a lot of Astro love from the media this morning for first time all season - 3 reasons -
1) team has always been fun to watch, especially in 2017-2019 and it's ok to cheer for them again in 2020
2) no matter what they did or didn't do - they are good ball players. Very, very good. Springer, Altuve, Bregs and Correa are elite.
3) for all the Dusty criticism- a lot of it rightly so - everyone in baseball loves him and is cheering for him.
First Page Last Page
Page 801 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.