****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,794 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah I'd rather get caught by my old lady posting or looking at hot busty chicks than the goosacks from last night ... but if me hanging off thread and skipping the gigantes works, then so it shall be
BayAg_14
He got a month ban.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

So I wasn't able to follow along on my phone last night but it seems like it got a little weird....in a very big way. Cant say I'm too disappointed in missing that...and really glad I skipped through the pages at work and didn't scroll
I posted a picture of Lizzo, two hours later we won Game 4 of the ALCS.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
BayAg_14 said:

He got a month ban.
Did he get anything for making sock accounts?
YNWA_AG
AG

Bullpen day for the rays as well
YNWA_AG
AG
eATMup-Reveille
Which team likely feels more pressure right now in your opinion?

I believe it's the Rays, as Astro victory tonight puts an extreme amount of internal pressure on the Rays. We would then see how well THEY respond to that pressure. The Astros, on the other hand know that virtually everyone believes there is no way the Rays lose this series.
Deluxe
AG
YNWA_AG said:

If his middle name started with an F, his initials would be LFG. I'm good with this.
YNWA_AG
AG
R-Dog
AG
eATMup-Reveille said:

I believe it's the Rays, as Astro victory tonight puts an extreme amount of internal pressure on the Rays. We would then see how well THEY respond to that pressure. The Astros, on the other hand know that virtually everyone believes there is no way the Rays lose this series.
Zero pressure on the Rays today IMO. They have another non elimination game tomorrow if we win today. But if that happens, huge pressure on them in game 6. They do not want anything to do with a game 7 having blown a 3-0 lead.

iamtheglove
Deluxe said:

YNWA_AG said:

If his middle name started with an F, his initials would be LFG. I'm good with this.
His middle name is Heibardo, which in Spanish actually translates as F***ing so I think we're good
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I personally think this was the only/best option...He can go more innings if it works, Ride him as much as you can but if they get a jump have a quicker hook. If you catch lightning in a bottle awesome. If you only get 1 inning then so be it and move on to the next arm. But wither way he is the only option that gives you a chance at 4 innings or so.

Im still in the camp of I would have rather not use Javier last night so we have him for today. I get it but I disagree
bluefire579
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Ag_07
AG
2020 strikes again

Luis about to get us this W and put all the pressure back in them in GM 6.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I still don't agree with not starting framber. I get it, but I don't agree with it.

This is our next best option. Hope that Garcia and James can get us through 6.
tjack16
AG
eATMup-Reveille said:

Not at all. This is literally do or die for us tonight. They won't have any pressure until tomorrow if it gets to game 6

Rays have 3 chances to eliminate us this week. We have to essentially play perfect baseball the next 3 days to win the series.
YNWA_AG
AG
Not worth the higher risk of blowing up his arm when starters statistically do worse on short rest.
tjack16
AG
I think that whichever teams win tonight, will win their series (in both ALCS and NLCS)
n_touch
Quote:

We have to essentially play perfect baseball the next 3 days to win the series.
Good news is we have already play crappy baseball this week so we can only go up
gougler08
AG
So best case scenario is:

Garcia - 4 to 5 innings
James - 1 to 2 innings
Raley - 1 inning
Javier - 1 inning
Pressley - 1 inning

Give or take?
tjack16
AG
gougler08 said:

So best case scenario is:

Garcia - 4 to 5 innings
James - 1 to 2 innings
Raley - 1 inning
Javier - 1 inning
Pressley - 1 inning

Give or take?
If that happens and we win tonight.... we will win this series
Ag_07
AG
I expect an Enoli sighting tonight

And a 5.5 hr 9 inning game
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Not worth the higher risk of blowing up his arm when starters statistically do worse on short rest.
Plus I get that we have to win today to get to tomorrow.....but we also have to win tomorrow to play the next day and play in the WS....id rather him fully rested and roll dice today than use him tomorrow and he sucks cause he needed another day
Mathguy64
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I still don't agree with not starting framber. I get it, but I don't agree with it.

And then what? Who starts game 6? Lance on short rest? And then game 7?

You have to win 3. Take your chances here then everyone is back to their full strength. I would rather have Framber and Lance at full rest than 3 guys all on short.
Ag_07
AG
Obviously for Framber a lot of it is mental and him pitching on short rest for the first time in a do or die ALCS game isn't ideal.

That's a bigger roll of the dice then starting Garcia but it doesn't burn him for possible GM 6.

This is all just evidence why no days off is so GD stupid and ruins the product.
JYDog90
AG
I don't think I agree about the Astros feeling the pressure. Watching them last night, they seemed to be taking everything pretty coolly. I think their attitude is "just keep winning innings." They were subdued when Altuve hit that bomb in the first because I think they thought this is just 1 of 27 innings to get us to even.

It feels to me like they're playing with house money. The Yankees losing helps that a lot. There isn't the bitterness between TB and Houston. They learned a lot last year having their backs against the wall in the playoffs. .
3B Paul 97
AG
Just get through 6 and go with Lidge, Dotel and Wagner.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I like the wildness of no days off. More strategy and depth required and even then anything still happens
htxag09
AG
Don't know if it's MLB or UVerse, but the scheduling and guides for this years playoff games have been awful. Some games don't show up on the guide at all. Today's guide has the pregame today starting at 2:30 and the game from 3-6:30.
3B Paul 97
AG
And no days off works better with a DH throughout.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

You have to win 3. Take your chances here then everyone is back to their full strength. I would rather have Framber and Lance at full rest than 3 guys all on short.

Framber game 5. Lance game 6, Urquidy game 7

The positives would be Lance and Urquidy only threw about 75 pitches each this week
3B Paul 97
AG
tjack16 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

The positives would be Lance and Urquidy only threw about 75 pitches each this week

Game 5 is tonight.
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

And the negatives are you are throwing all 3 guys on 3 days rest. You have to win all three. Give yourself the best chance at it.
spadilly
S
This is awesome news:

JABQ04
AG
I miss the windmill.
First Page Last Page
Page 775 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.