****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,632,273 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ClickClack said:

Beat40 said:

Frok said:

No more Pressley as closer please
Who else doo you want? Genuinely curious. Not trying to be sarcastic.

How about it doesn't have to be one guy? What is this obsession with having one guy who can pitch a 9th inning? Silly. Anyone in the BP.
Javier was the best option to start the inning, imo, and then Pressly is still the next choice. Paredes imploded last night. Taylor can walk guys, although I think eventually he could be the guy. Raley is a veteran, but throws it soft.
Beat40
Deluxe said:

Beat40 said:

Frok said:

No more Pressley as closer please
Who else doo you want? Genuinely curious. Not trying to be sarcastic.

Chapman or Jansen. Two best in the game who don't blow it in October.
If you read my post responding to Click, the point is who do you really, honestly, feel comfortable with?

Most of our back end guys have had issues with walking batters. That's always a receipt for disaster in the postseason.

The question is a serious one. Who can we honestly be comfortable with in the 9th?

I'm for playing the matchups that favor any particular guys any night, but we've blown saves because we've walked guys.
Ags #1
AG
I would say parades but he melted down yesterday. Maybe scrubb?
tjack16
AG
I still think they should have built in one day off this series. Between games 3-4, or 4-5
Aggie Pharmer
AG

Deluxe
AG
I agree with you. Pointing out that even the best closers aren't sure things this time of year.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ultimate Humble Brag - tomorrow I got Game 5 in the afternoon and get to interview a famous actor via Zoom in the evening.
old ag 2003
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Ultimate Humble Brag - tomorrow I got Game 5 in the afternoon and get to interview a famous actor via Zoom in the evening.

I wouldn't call Ron Jeremy much of an actor...
redline248
AG
old ag 2003 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I wouldn't call Ron Jeremy much of an actor...
More of an artist
Ags #1
AG
He is in jail right now i believe
Beat40
Ags #1 said:

I would say parades but he melted down yesterday. Maybe scrubb?
I believe that's an aberration and a function of brining in a young guy into a pressure loaded situation with men on. He should have started a clean inning.

I don't think that type of implosion happens with him again.
Ag_07
AG
Think the Rays are still ina better spot since they didn't use their A+ pen guys today.

Really hope we go opener then Framber.
SquirrellyDan
AG
We have nothing to lose. Rays have clearly won the first three due to baseball gods and nothing else. If the water finds its level and we start dropping hits the pitching matters much less.
bluefire579
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

That was just a brag. Humble brag would be something along the lines of "Wish we had a night game, I'm going to have to miss part of tomorrow's game because I'm interviewing someone famous."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ags #1 said:

He is in jail right now i believe
Sounds like we need to make a Free Ron Jeremy Go Fund Me ASAP
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bluefire579 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

That was just a brag. Humble brag would be something along the lines of "Wish we had a night game, I'm going to have to miss part of tomorrow's game because I'm interviewing someone famous."
He lives in Australia. If the game is still going on when it's time for the call to start, we'll be in the 29th inning or so.
BCSGrubber
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Ultimate for Muck...based on entertainment board postings....must be Harrison Ford...or based on lad test comment maybe it's a showman
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Dusty is going to start James tomorrow I can feel it
Ags #1
AG
Charged with rap and forceable sexual battery. Looking at 90 years in prison
Beat40
Deluxe said:

I agree with you. Pointing out that even the best closers aren't sure things this time of year.
I agree. I'm not arguing that Pressly is a sure thing or taking a stance that he should be the 9th inning guy only. I'm nervous when he comes in. I think he's far from it, and I think we should look more to match ups game to game.

I'm arguing for people saying "anyone by Pressly" in the 9th. I'm genuinely trying to find out who they would prefer and pointing out the other guys we would bring in have the same issues as Pressly.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
BCSGrubber said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Ultimate for Muck...based on entertainment board postings....must be Harrison Ford
I interviewed Mr. Ford 3 weeks ago and it was the greatest thing anyone has ever done ever in the history of the universe.
Texas A&M
It is crazy that Altuve and Springer are tied for 5th most post season home runs... and that they've passed David Ortiz.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Texas A&M said:

It is crazy that Altuve and Springer are tied for 5th most post season home runs... and that they've passed David Ortiz.

is there a link to that list?
Beat40
Texas A&M said:

It's seriously awesome. Carlos needs to get in on the action.
YNWA_AG
AG

Garcia/James I would guess
Texas A&M
MuckRaker96 said:

Texas A&M said:

is there a link to that list?
https://www.mlb.com/news/most-career-postseason-home-runs
bullard21k
AG
I think we go Garcia to start the game

Taylor if he needs a bridge an inning or two or get a lefty early in a jam

Parades as long as he can go

Raley to get out of a lefty jam late

Javier (if he feels like he can bring him back)

Or some similar combo of those guys. Maybe we roll the dice and start James but I think that would be a mistake
old ag 2003
AG
Screw it, start James. I'd rather play from behind early than choke it away late
Beat40
I enjoy listening to Pedro Martinez talk baseball.
Ag-in-a-Box
AG
Would love to have an update on Brantley and those foul balls off his right ankle. Really hope it was just a defensive replacement to close it out tonight. He barely ran out that ground ball right before he was taken out.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Not sure how much pitching matters to us at this point. We had nearly perfect starting pitching in the first 4 games and lost three of them.

ETA: we need our hitters to make it happen if we have any chance at a monumental come back.
TRM
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Garcia/James I would guess
That's my guess, too. Garcia, then James, maybe even Sneed to try a steal an inning vs the bottom of the lineup.
Beat40
Man, I really want the Dodgers to lose after their hypocrisy in praise for Mookie.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
We are gonna start James, aren't we.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

We are gonna start James, aren't we.

Sounds like a losing proposition, but with the way this series has gone it just might guarantee us a win.
First Page Last Page
Page 772 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.