****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,632,740 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EagleAg19 said:

Seeing the two main guys that pitched our WS game 7 win. Obviously I want to crush them but I love me some CFM
The way you look at it is, you want CFM to do well, but use a lot of pitches. Then, you want the Rays bullpen to blow the game. CFM looks good. Astros win. No conflict.
Bregxit
AG
agproducer said:

EagleAg19 said:

Seeing the two main guys that pitched our WS game 7 win. Obviously I want to crush them but I love me some CFM
The way you look at it is, you want CFM to do well, but use a lot of pitches. Then, you want the Rays bullpen to blow the game. CFM looks good. Astros win. No conflict.

Nah. I love CFM but on gameday I want us to put up 10 on him in the first.
agproducer
AG
Bregxit said:

agproducer said:

EagleAg19 said:

Nah. I love CFM but on gameday I want us to put up 10 on him in the first.
Not saying that's how I would look at it, just how to look at it if you are conflicted. I love me some CFM, but I want the guys to light him up.
BMX Bandit
If you are conflicted, you aren't an Astros fan
Post removed:
by user
Ambres
AG
third coast.. said:

If my SON played for the rays, I'd still want the Astros to win.
Yea.. what he said.. but you know.. Umm I think it depends if my son was going into a contract year.. might want him to get a big payday so that we can sponge off him.
iamtheglove
YNWA_AG
AG
agproducer
AG
Pete Fairbanks gets a blue star for this, even if he is with the Rays. Ha!

YNWA_AG
AG
Shenaniganz
Is Dusty saving Grienke for game 3 vs Glassnow/Snell? Or is something seriously wrong with ZG?

YNWA_AG said:

Buck Compton
AG
He just pitched....
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
tjack16
AG
One year ago today we eliminated the Rays
JABQ04
AG
third coast.. said:

If my SON played for the rays, I'd still want the Astros to win.

My son wants to be an MLB player one day (don't they all at 9 years old), but only for the Astros. I asked what if the Rangers pick you. He said he'd quit. We brainwashed him good. I was like " yeah, if the rangers offer you millions, you're gonna play for them, but get really god so they can trade you somewhere else as fast as possible".
tjack16
AG
Sports weekend recap

Yankees eliminated
Aggies upset #4 Florida
Texas loses
LSU loses

Astros win tomorrow would make it PERFECT
07ag
AG
tjack16 said:

Sports weekend recap

Yankees eliminated
Aggies upset #4 Florida
Texas loses
LSU loses

Great sports week, BOB got fired
3B Paul 97
AG
BoB being fired has kicked of a string of positive sports events.
Post removed:
by user
EagleAg19
Didn't you hear? This loss means they're getting Urban
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
EagleAg19 said:

The Rays could start Jesus in Game 1 and I'd boo him wire to wire.
Farmer1906
AG
Small dogs to Tampa.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Is Dusty saving Grienke for game 3 vs Glassnow/Snell? Or is something seriously wrong with ZG?

What day do you want him to pitch?
Ag_07
AG
It's game day fellas!!! Get amped!!!!!

spadilly
S
Game day! Let's go!!!
iamtheglove
07ag said:

tjack16 said:

Sports weekend recap

Yankees eliminated
Aggies upset #4 Florida
Texas loses
LSU loses

Great sports week, BOB got fired
If we're shooting for the moon here, adding "Jerry Jones sells the Cowboys" would make it the finest sports weekend of all time
Deluxe
AG
Pretty pumped for this series. I feel alot less stress relative to how I'd feel if we were playing the Yankees. Nothing would be sweeter than Yankee tears if we beat them again, but nothing would be worse than losing to them at this juncture.

But the Yankees are done. F them. This is about Astros-Rays. The reigning AL champs vs the biggest threat to their crown. Possibly the two smartest teams in baseball. Going to be alot of good chess with two teams that are very familiar with eachother.

Rays last year kinda reminded me of us in 2015. They were young/inexperienced and not afraid to punch back, but still lacked the belief. This year, they remind me of us in 2017 in that I think the belief is there. Beating the Yankees was a big step/confidence boost for them. I guess it's possible that the Yankees were their Super Bowl this year and a let down is coming, but I doubt it.

I don't think the Click factor should be overlooked in this series. And in a series of two extremely talented teams, any edge (no matter how small) could be the difference. He knows the Rays personnel like the back of his hand. Knows their strengths, weaknesses, their approaches, what they like to hunt on certain counts, what they like to throw in certain situations, etc. And perhaps more importantly, he knows how they go about making decisions, which will give us greater ability to prognosticate their moves in this series.

But players still gotta make plays and the Rays have alot of very very good ones. I heard Jomboy compare the Rays ability to use their entire roster to get matchup advantages to a group of indians making sure all parts of a buffalo kill is utilized haha. Their bullpen is scary AF. Their lineup is sneaky good. Arozarena could be the next MLB superstar.

I honestly don't know exactly what our path to victory is. We just need everyone to step up. Starters gotta get into the 6th inning. Paredes, Taylor, Raley and Pressly have to be good. Or. The offense just needs to keep mashing the sh*t out of the ball like we did against an Oakland staff that everyone thought was good. The logical side of my brain says Rays in 6 or 7, and if they do, I have no problem tipping my cap. But my heart says we got dis.

I'll yield the floor to my best friend Farmer1906 for statistical analysis that will outweigh my qualitative opinions.
bluefire579
AG
Shenaniganz said:

YNWA_AG said:

Game 3 would be normal rest for him
Harry Dunne
agproducer said:

EagleAg19 said:

I love Chuck but I hope he gives up 5 bombs and gets run in the 1st.

Thanks for the memories, I will wear my CFM jersey for years to come and I wish him the very best in life and baseball...other than this series.
n_touch
Quote:

Their bullpen is scary AF
The one thing that they can't do this year that they did last year was slow down play with all of the pitching changes.
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
tjack16
AG
Framber Valdez starting game 1 of the ALCS in San Diego

That's a statement that would have raised a few eyebrows if said back in March
BCSGrubber
AG
LFG!

bearkatag15
AG
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I won't be that surprised if we see De Jong in a somewhat important spot this series.
BCSGrubber
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Why not Perez?
First Page Last Page
Page 685 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.