****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,491 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

MLB contracts are guaranteed. JV is getting paid for next year whether he's on the roster or not.

The big question that I have yet to be seen mentioned anywhere is how much are getting from his insurance policy?

I assume they had a policy on JV in case something like this happened so I expect they're getting some kind of payout to alleviate his salary in 2021.
This is from Rome a few weeks ago:

Quote:

Click would not answer whether there is an insurance policy within Verlander's contract that would come into play during the 2021 season he will now miss. As of now, Verlander is scheduled to earn $33 million in 2021 part of the two-year, $66 million extension given by Luhnow last February.
BayAg_14
What's up with the tents on either side of the dugouts at Minute Maid for the MIA/ATL game?
Harry Dunne
astros4545 said:

Ag_07 said:

Correa pointed that out during his postgame interview.

He mentioned that although it's October it's the third month of the season and he said that's when they typically settle down and the bats get hot. He said what usually happens in June is happening in October.

I hope he's right. I have to remember to tell myself it's only 1 game but if he is correct and this offense is getting hot I may have to throw some down on the Astros at +800 to win it all.

I personally wasn't buying it and didn't think they could flip the switch after how poorly they had been playing, but that's a plate of crow I'll gladly scarf down if indeed things gave turned around.

Do not bet the future WS odds

Bet on the Astros to win each series, and then roll those winnings + initial bet onto the following series and continue through the WS

Your payout will be twice as much for just a little manual work
Pro tip right there.
n_touch
BayAg_14 said:

What's up with the tents on either side of the dugouts at Minute Maid for the MIA/ATL game?
Extra room so they can socially distance themselves in the stands and be protected from the Air conditioner so they don't get to cold.
bearkatag15
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Protection from fly balls?
Farmer1906
AG
Marlins jumped out on top of the Braves. Atlanta reminds me of our 2017 squad minus getting a mid season JV & if Cy Keuchel got injured. I think they're going to fall short without better pitching.
PhatMack19
AG
It's weird watching other teams play at Minute Maid
n_touch
If I was Tillman I would be pissed they are letting those cut outs sit in my seats.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
How does that work with cutting Sanchez last year then?
Ag-in-a-Box
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

MLB contracts are guaranteed. JV is getting paid for next year whether he's on the roster or not.

The big question that I have yet to be seen mentioned anywhere is how much are getting from his insurance policy?

I assume they had a policy on JV in case something like this happened so I expect they're getting some kind of payout to alleviate his salary in 2021.

Quote:

Click would not answer whether there is an insurance policy within Verlander's contract that would come into play during the 2021 season he will now miss. As of now, Verlander is scheduled to earn $33 million in 2021 part of the two-year, $66 million extension given by Luhnow last February.

Insurance or not, that 33 million counts against our salary cap, right?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Luxury tax.....yes
AustinAg2K
Baseball doesn't have a salary cap. I assume you meant luxury tax, and it will count.
Farmer1906
AG
There is no cap in baseball but it does count. And it can send us into Luxury Tax or whatever it's called.

Edit: Austin beat me to it.
Ag_07
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I think it's just a situation where he's cut but we still pay him.

I think there are loopholes like options remaining, whether another team picks him up, and whether it's a MiL or ML contract.

But pretty sure we just cut him but still pay him. Not sure what his contract status was
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

There is no cap in baseball but it does count. And it can send us into Luxury Tax or whatever it's called.

Edit: Austin beat me to it.
And I beat both of yall....but whos counting
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

Not sure where Chandler sees that Luhnow gave JV an extension last February. It was inked in March 2019.

https://www.mlb.com/news/justin-verlander-astros-extension
BMX Bandit
Ag_07 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I think there are loopholes like options remaining, whether another team picks him up, and whether it's a MiL or ML contract.

But pretty sure we just cut him but still pay him. Not sure what his contract status was
Sanchez was not tendered a contract by Astros. He's not getting paid anything this year.
Big Al 1992
AG
Hope somebody has Van Halen as walk up music - RIP Edward.
Ag_07
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Ag_07 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Sanchez was not tendered a contract by Astros. He's not getting paid anything this year.

Well there we go!

He wasn't cut he just wasn't retained.
Mathguy64
AG
I', once again taking one for the team. Headed to class and not watching or posting.

This sucks but I know its for the best. I dont watch = we win.
BMX Bandit
He was not under contract. Thats why they don't owe him money. Verlander is under contract.
bearkatag15
AG
So just checking out Sean Manea's splits a little. I'm not stat guy but just looking at some basic stuff:

Home vs Away
BA .232 .302
OPS .634 .796
ERA 3.91 5.02
WHIP .947 1.430

Career vs Houston (13 games)
BA .234
OPS .648
ERA 3.27
WHIP 1.186

Career in Dodger Stadium (2 games)
Runs 5
Hits 13
HRs 4
BA .289
OPS .897
ERA 4.09
WHIP 1.364
BayAg_14
LETS DO THIS!!!!
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

So just checking out Sean Manea's splits a little. I'm not stat guy but just looking at some basic stuff:

Home vs Away
BA .232 .302
OPS .634 .796
ERA 3.91 5.02
WHIP .947 1.430

Career vs Houston (13 games)
BA .234
OPS .648
ERA 3.27
WHIP 1.186

Career in Dodger Stadium (2 games)
Runs 5
Hits 13
HRs 4
BA .289
OPS .897
ERA 4.09
WHIP 1.364

He usually does pretty well against Houston, as the stats you show bear out. Let's hope we get some away Manea today.
astros4545
AG
He has also lost 5-6 mph from his fastball since 2 years ago
Ag_07
AG
I think we jump Manea early and force them to burn more pen arms
cap-n-jack
Just terrible
htxag09
AG
These ****ing umpires.
EagleAg19
That was way out
Marvin
AG
#roboumps
htxag09
AG
Marvin said:

#roboumps

For real. 3-1, dude hasn't hit a spot yet, 3" outside and give him a strike. Wtf. Again to Brantley
Marvin
AG
Plate is 3 feet wide today, apparently.
BayAg_14
Come on blue.
Farmer1906
AG
Random but I really dislike TBS's on screen graphic.
cap-n-jack
We need to be patient, work counts and make this guy throw strikes.
First Page Last Page
Page 613 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.