****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,602,322 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pads had 2 on, 1 out and Tatis and Manny go K K. Wasted chance there
MosesHallRAB04
AG
The potential of bomb shelling Fiers in an elimination game is just awesome.
Frok
AG
It's better the Astros play the A's. More motivation to fire them up.
W
AG
will be interesting to see how Oakland avoids throwing Fiers against the Astros
BMX Bandit
Unless they have 3 starters go 8+ innings, they can't

(Or Astros sweep)
MosesHallRAB04
AG
5 game series with no off days is going to be tough sledding with this bullpen. Starters have to go deep. And the offense will need to be firing.

Let's go out and shellac the As. Im talking 8 to 10 run games. Give that bullpen some cushion.
Ag_07
AG
SD bats have awaken and they are mashing.
Mathguy64
AG
17 pitchers and counting combined by STL and SD. And they still aren't done.
Mathguy64
AG
Something like 170 pitches for the cards and 185 for the Pads. They are both going to be throwing dead arms tomorrow.
miller0926
AG
redline248
AG
I don't any Astros fans are mad he's out of the playoffs while we swept a higher seed.

He's such a dumbass
tailgatetimer10
AG
I thought astros fans were happy? how do they stay mad?
Mathguy64
AG
Bauer is a strange dude. I can never tell if he's trolling or has the worlds thinnest skin and is punching back.
Ag_07
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Bauer is a strange dude. I can never tell if he's trolling or has the worlds thinnest skin and is punching back.

#stillwant
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

Mathguy64 said:

#stillwant

Yeah he's no different than Bregman. You want him on your team but you hate him when he's not.
Farmer1906
AG
Here is how our pitching has faired vs OAK this year.

Overall, our main 4 starters (not counting Javier) have done fine. Greinke is the only one with multiple starts and the results were mixed. The problem with playing them so many times in the short season is that they've seen all our guys that don't have a ton of tape. We're not going to surprise them with our rookies. In general, I think our pitching pitched well enough not to go 3-7 this year.

That leads to the offense... Whoof!

Outside of revenge tour Reddick, it's pretty much only been Springer & Brantley doing well. Yuli looks to be in playoff form vs Oakland. He's smashed the ball hard almost 60% of the time and only managed a .200 BA. His xBA vs OAK is .297.

We can't have no production out of Bregman, Correa, and Altuve this series. They need to figure it out quickly vs Oakland.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Mathguy64 said:

#stillwant
He lives in a very unimpressive house in the Woodlands for a guy who's made 36 M in his career.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Ag_07 said:

Mathguy64 said:

#stillwant

Yeah he's no different than Bregman. You want him on your team but you hate him when he's not.

Except Bauer hates the Astros and has consistently talked about us being a trash organization for 2 years now. Even wearing trash can cleats
Marvin
AG
Give me Valdez, Urquidy, Greinke, and then McCullers. I just do not trust LMJ on the road early in the series. He could wreck our pen for the rest of the series.

On the other hand, we could always pair Sneed and James with Lance and just get them all three out of the way in one concession game... haha.
redline248
AG
Mathguy64 said:

When being lifted from the game results in hurling the ball over the center field wall, you're thin skinned.
EagleAg19
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

Mathguy64 said:

#stillwant
He lives in a very unimpressive house in the Woodlands for a guy who's made 36 M in his career.
wait he lives in Houston?!
Deluxe
AG
What's Bauer's tie to the Houston area?
gambochaman
AG
Just heard that the bus driver that drove the astros to the games was the same one that drove the titans and has tested positive
n_touch
gambochaman said:

Just heard that the bus driver that drove the astros to the games was the same one that drove the titans and has tested positive

Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

What's Bauer's tie to the Houston area?

He's from Cali I thought. Is he married?
Mathguy64
AG
gambochaman said:

If that's true it would be the most MLB move ever in the most MLB playoff/season ever. 1000 monkeys with typewriters and an infinite amount of time couldn't make this script up any dumber.
Deluxe
AG
It would be so unexpected for Bauer to sign with Houston that I almost think he'd do it for that reason.

Not sure how we'd come up with the cash for the 1 year, $40mm contract he'll be looking for though.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I think he's the opposite of married:

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/baseball/indians/indians-trevor-bauer-gets-honest-on-his-dating-life-i-have-3-rules

Quote:

"I have three rules," Bauer told Sports Illustrated.

1. No feelings

"As soon as I sense you're developing feelings, I'm going to cut it off, because I'm not interested in a relationship and I'm emotionally unavailable," Bauer said.

2. No public affection

"No social media posts about me while we're together, because private life stays private," Bauer told Sports Illustrated.

3. You're not the only one

agproducer
AG
Just thinking about this:

How awesome would it be to take out Oakland (Fiers team and the whiny babies), then the Yankees (with their constant complaining about cheating and how they believe they should have gone to the WS in 2017), then the Dodgers ( the team that claims it is the real WS champion even though they lost Games 2 and 7 at home) on the way to winning the WS?

We could call it "The Astros We Don't Have to Cheat to Beat You Revenge Tour."
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

I think he's the opposite of married:

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/baseball/indians/indians-trevor-bauer-gets-honest-on-his-dating-life-i-have-3-rules

Quote:

"I have three rules," Bauer told Sports Illustrated.

1. No feelings

"As soon as I sense you're developing feelings, I'm going to cut it off, because I'm not interested in a relationship and I'm emotionally unavailable," Bauer said.

2. No public affection

"No social media posts about me while we're together, because private life stays private," Bauer told Sports Illustrated.

3. You're not the only one

Such an unlikeable dude.
themissinglink
AG
Tyler was obviously cheating...

agproducer
AG
themissinglink said:

Tyler was obviously cheating...

Classic deflect and distract.
07ag
AG
EagleAg19 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

Mathguy64 said:

#stillwant
wait he lives in Houston?!
seems to own a lot of property in that area

https://mcad-tx.org/Property-Search-Result/searchtext/bauer%20trevor
Deluxe
AG
Good stats post.

This is going to be a tough series for us on a number of levels. The A's want this BAD. I'm interested to see how that desire manifests itself. If we can keep games close into the late innings, they have a bullpen edge, but we have the edge in knowing that we've been there/done that. Wouldn't be surprised to see them tighten up and make some unforced errors like the Twins.
First Page Last Page
Page 590 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.