****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,626,320 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Twins didn't lose back to back home games all year. Until now.
Cromagnum
AG
wangus12
AG
BayAg_14 said:

I give Correa permission to dropkick a ***** in the 1st inning
Pahdz
Man the Twins current playoff skid makes me almost feel bad for my friends up here, like us in the late 90's
AggieLit
Pahdz said:

Man the Twins current playoff skid makes me almost feel bad for my friends up here, like us in the late 90's

Didn't the Oilers lose 18 straight playoff games at one point?
txislandag86
AggieLit said:

Pahdz said:

no
Farmer1906
AG
Yankees/Indians in a rain delay in the first inning. Why on earth would they even start the game?

Yankees are down 1-0 already and I would guess the starters would be done already with this delay.
AggieLit
txislandag86 said:

AggieLit said:

Pahdz said:

no

I think it was 6 or 7 in the late 80's/early 90's. But you have to do sort of a dog years thing converting football to baseball...
agproducer
AG
I may have missed this, but it is definitely worth sharing again. Correa called out the ESPN bias. Ha!

Cromagnum
AG
AggieLit said:

txislandag86 said:

AggieLit said:

Pahdz said:

no

I think it was 6 or 7 in the late 80's/early 90's. But you have to do sort of a dog years thing converting football to baseball...

How is that? There is a playoff for both sports every year and they each have comparable numbers of teams in them.
Mathguy64
AG
Yanks and Indians back after almost 40 minutes and Tanaka ends up giving up 1 before and 3 after the delay.
Deluxe
AG
I'm very interested to see how we setup our pitching staff for a five game ALDS. Thought we were well suited for a quick three game set, but a five game series with no rest days will be trickier. Going to have to be creative.

I thought the organization did an excellent job against Minnesota. We won both games with four very competent starters pitching the bulk of the innings. Only Pressly and Raley made brief appearances out of the bullpen. And we didn't have to lean on any of the young relievers for any high lev work.

It will be more difficult to hide Taylor and Paredes (specifically) in the ALDS. At some point, we'll probably need those two to get us some big outs. But hopefully we can mostly get through the ALDS with just the six guys that pitched against Minnesota plus LMJ.

I tend to think we'll announce Greinke as the g1 starter and play everything else by ear. If he gives us 5 innings with a lead, maybe we burn Framber in that spot to take it home. If he gives us 6 and we have a cushion, maybe we roll the dice with Taylor, Raley and Pressly in the 7-9 innings, then save Framber for g2. Way too many scenarios to try and plan for.

Ideally, I'd say whichever pitcher is most capable of being effective on three days rest should start g2 so they can be ready to eat innings behind Greinke in g5 (if necessary).

I'm sure there will be lots of talk on this topic over the coming days.
AggieLit
Cromagnum said:

AggieLit said:

txislandag86 said:

AggieLit said:

Pahdz said:

no

How is that? There is a playoff for both sports every year and they each have comparable numbers of teams in them.

First... don't take this too seriously. Secondly, baseball teams play 162 games a year, football teams play 16. A baseball playoff series is 3-7 games, a football playoff series is one game. Humans live 70-80 years, dogs live on average 10-15 years. So we multiply the years a dog lives by seven to get their "dog years." Do the same thing for football vs. baseball.
spadilly
S
agproducer said:

I may have missed this, but it is definitely worth sharing again. Correa called out the ESPN bias. Ha!

Carlos hits back against the media each and every chance he can. It's beautiful.
Mathguy64
AG
Judge swinging and missing wildly at breaking balls down and away. Why anyone throws him anything else is beyond me.
Deluxe
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Judge swinging and missing wildly at breaking balls down and away. Why anyone throws him anything else is beyond me.

Some of my favorite entertainment the past few years was watching him try to hit those Joe Smith spinners
Ag_07
AG
Man why'd you remind of Joe Smith?

He'd be such a solidifying piece in this pen.
Deluxe
AG
Man agreed
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
This team playing like they have been disrespected, I like that narrative, sell it Carlos! I'd love see Bregman bat flip MFMF and maybe reddick going full marisnick on him while he covered first
iamtheglove
Deluxe said:

I'm very interested to see how we setup our pitching staff for a five game ALDS. Thought we were well suited for a quick three game set, but a five game series with no rest days will be trickier. Going to have to be creative.

I thought the organization did an excellent job against Minnesota. We won both games with four very competent starters pitching the bulk of the innings. Only Pressly and Raley made brief appearances out of the bullpen. And we didn't have to lean on any of the young relievers for any high lev work.

It will be more difficult to hide Taylor and Paredes (specifically) in the ALDS. At some point, we'll probably need those two to get us some big outs. But hopefully we can mostly get through the ALDS with just the six guys that pitched against Minnesota plus LMJ.

I tend to think we'll announce Greinke as the g1 starter and play everything else by ear. If he gives us 5 innings with a lead, maybe we burn Framber in that spot to take it home. If he gives us 6 and we have a cushion, maybe we roll the dice with Taylor, Raley and Pressly in the 7-9 innings, then save Framber for g2. Way too many scenarios to try and plan for.

Ideally, I'd say whichever pitcher is most capable of being effective on three days rest should start g2 so they can be ready to eat innings behind Greinke in g5 (if necessary).

I'm sure there will be lots of talk on this topic over the coming days.
I'm not following. We don't play game 1until Monday. Every pitcher we threw against Minn will have had plenty of rest.
Mathguy64
AG
Why anyone throws a fastball to any Yankees hitter is beyond me. They kill them. And can't touch anything else.
Marvin
AG
spadilly said:

agproducer said:

Carlos hits back against the media each and every chance he can. It's beautiful.

At spring training in late February, Mrs. Marvin was talking with Correa and called him Know-the-facts Correa. He laughed and said he would have to use that one. He's definitely very comfortable standing up to critics.
Big Al 1992
AG
Great day today - Astros advance and daughter received word she was admitted to Texas A&M - Class of 2025.

And Yankees just lost a big lead.
Deluxe
AG
iamtheglove said:

I'm not following. We don't play game 1until Monday. Every pitcher we threw against Minn will have had plenty of rest.
It's not that we won't be rested going into the series. It's more that the strategy we deployed against Minnesota may not work in a five game series. Like we can't just go Greinke/Framber in g1 and Urquidy/Javier in g2 because we'll need to bookmark one of those guys to start a g4. Unless we just want to go all out to win games 1 and 2 and worry about the rest later. Lots of variable and potential decision avenues.

Regardless of how we slice and dice it, I think we can make it work in a five game series. But we may have to be creative. And we may have to lean on Paredes/Taylor/others at some point for some big outs. But then again, if we're going to advance to the World Series, at some point we're going to have to throw those guys in the fire and hope they come up big.
Beat40
I want the Yankees to lose this series badly. Heard one of the ESPN talking heads today say the Yankees look unstoppable after that win yesterday.
Beat40
Big Al 1992 said:

Great day today - Astros advance and daughter received word she was admitted to Texas A&M - Class of 2025.

And Yankees just lost a big lead.

Congrats to you and your daughter!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I don't have any doubt you've got to use 4 SP going forward.

1- Greinke
2-McCullers
3-Urquidy
4-Javier
5-Greinke

I say Javier as a starter so we have Framber as a steady hand to possibly come in in relief in game 1 or 2 if necessary. If we don't use him there then we are probably up 2-0 he starts game 4 if necessary
Mathguy64
AG
Sanchez just hit a HR that he thought was a lazy fly ball. There is a massive jet stream to RF. The Yankees will be disappointed in how the ball flies in Petco.
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

1- Greinke
2-McCullers
3-Urquidy
4-Javier
5-Greinke

I say Javier as a starter so we have Framber as a steady hand to possibly come in in relief in game 1 or 2 if necessary. If we don't use him there then we are probably up 2-0 he starts game 4 if necessary

I'm with you. Put one of our starters in the pen. Because I worry having to rely on someone outside of Parades & Pressly.

The deeper the series goes the worse off we are.
Beat40
Man, I like the brewers uniforms.
W
AG
I would be okay with an unconventional approach...similar to the wildcard series
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

1- Greinke
2-McCullers
3-Urquidy
4-Javier
5-Greinke

I'm with you. Put one of our starters in the pen. Because I worry having to rely on someone outside of Parades & Pressly.

We're going to need at least 6 from out starters every game it looks like.

More importantly, we're going to need the offense to give us some wiggle room.

Probably the main reason I want to play the A's, even with their stellar BP. There offense doesn't scare me as much.
Beat40
Man, I hope Walker Buehler gives up the lead in this AB. After the crap he talked to Bregman in that first game, it would be so sweet.
Beat40
Buehler with stuff on his hand - I get why and I don't care, but I do wonder how the Dodger team feels morally about the possibility of Buehler breaking the rules.
bullard21k
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

1- Greinke
2-McCullers
3-Urquidy
4-Javier
5-Greinke

We're going to need at least 6 from out starters every game it looks like.

More importantly, we're going to need the offense to give us some wiggle room.

Probably the main reason I want to play the A's, even with their stellar BP. There offense doesn't scare me as much.

That's also going to require dusty not going to the pen in the 5th every-time they get into a hint of trouble.

That will also require a good feel for the situation which is obviously concerning because it's non existent most times. I can see a lot of josh James and other guys being forced into high leverage situations late bc we are burning through arms in the middle innings.

If someone is getting outs...let them keep getting outs

First Page Last Page
Page 584 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.