****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,602,411 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LA PINAAAAAA

Yuli is about to drag his pineapples all over the Twins.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Deluxe
AG
Excellent news on Yuli. Buys us some time to let Jones develop or find a different future plan at 1B.
Marvin
AG
Sign George and extend Carlos before first pitch, then pop a beer and watch the boys wreck some shop.

(hey, why not dream big?)
aggielax48
AG
Donaldson not in roster, out with a calf injury.
Ag_07
AG
Yuli is awesome!!!

I have no doubt he could've gotten more than that on the FA market but wanted to be here and took less.

It should not be overlooked how incredible that deal is for the organization.
Marvin
AG
aggielax48 said:

Donaldson not in roster, out with a calf injury.

Not on the wildcard roster at all. Big news.
htxag09
AG
Why do we have 3 catchers on the roster for playoffs? Garneau is terrible, if Stubbs isn't good enough to be the backup he needs to be cut. Along with garneau if we're being honest.
bearkatag15
AG
htxag09 said:

Why do we have 3 catchers on the roster for playoffs? Garneau is terrible, if Stubbs isn't good enough to be the backup he needs to be cut. Along with garneau if we're being honest.
Stubbs provides speed at the position in late game situations. If Maldy gets on down 1 in the top of the 9th, I want Stubbs running there, not Maldy
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

htxag09 said:

Stubbs provides speed at the position in late game situations. If Maldy gets on down 1 in the top of the 9th, I want Stubbs running there, not Maldy

I'd rather just roll with Maldy and Stubbs. With no doubleheader's as of now, Maldonado can go every game. He's a big leaguer, and he wants to win.
htxag09
AG
bearkatag15 said:

htxag09 said:

I agree. So why have Garneau? If Stubbs isn't an acceptable option to actually play defense at catcher, he needs to be cut. You can get a position player with speed, that actually has a half ass bat as well, if that's the only reason you're carrying Stubbs.
W
AG
Ag_07 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Nice and cheap.

Edit:

That's cheap as shlt!!!!

I love this
wow, this is stunning and great news for the Astros.

Yuli must really want to stay or he's very concerned about the FA COVID market.

1-year at $7 MM is amazing
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
George 21.4million
Mike 16 mill
Reddick 13 mill
Gurriel 8.4 now will be 7
W
AG
Yuli made $8.4 million (pro-rated) this year.

it's his agreeing to a team option for year 2 (with a low buyout) that really helps the Astros
Farmer1906
AG
Is there any way to stream the game?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

George 21.4million
Mike 16 mill
Reddick 13 mill
Gurriel 8.4 now will be 7

I don't see how with losing 30 million off the payroll next year from those above we Can't up George to 26/year from 21.

That still leaves 25 million to increase some of our arbitration guys especially if we drop Osuna due to injury
Mathguy64
AG
astros4545 said:

Chas McCormick has made the playoff roster
Who? Are we putting someone on a playoff roster who has never played a single game before? Are we stupid or just plain dumb?

Its comical how bizarrely we are making roster decisions. This isnt just Dusty. This is Click too.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

astros4545 said:

Chas McCormick has made the playoff roster
Who? Are we putting someone on a playoff roster who has never played a single game before? Are we stupid or just plain dumb?

Its comical how bizarrely we are making roster decisions. This isnt just Dusty. This is Click too.

The roster is huge for a 3 game series.

He's a pinch runner or a defensive replacement if you already use up Straw running.
Harry Dunne
That's outstanding news.

This season sucked but it's hard to assemble a roster like this and man we have to try to run it back at least once.

Sucks about JV but I really think Urkeeding and Framber are going to be good to excellent major league starting pitchers and if Lance can find his role and if Whitley can get his isht together we have a great lineup...and our bullpen does blow, but we have seen a smart GM put together a great bullpen on a budget. IMO Click shat the bed a little bit in that regard. We will see.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Do we have the full playoff roster. I didn't see anyone post it
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
If sneed sees action in any 4 run game or less I'm gonna blow a gasket.
cc10106
Getting Smith and Pruitt back next year should help.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

So we have a player on the playoff roster that has never made a MLB appearance before?
Big Al 1992
AG
Yuli signing cheaper than expected will free up a few more mil for George. Also may be a good sign that the gang wants to stick together. Hope it makes it harder for George to leave.
Ag_07
AG
I'm assuming the dumb ass extra inning rule stays in effect for the playoffs?
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07 said:

It's not
Teddy Perkins
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Is there any way to stream the game?
The game is showing as streaming on ESPN 3.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
So here's my pre-playoff thoughts.
I'm really grateful there was a 2020 season and that I was able to at least Gamecast most of the games.
I'm grateful the Astros made the playoffs, despite a losing record. Four straight years in the playoffs has never happened before for this franchise. We went 4 out of 5 years in 97-99, 01 - but this is special.

If you had told me last November 1 that the 2020 Astros would have a different manager, different GM, no Gerrit Cole, Justin Verlander for 1 start, Yordan Alvarez for 1 start, Altuve either hurt or struggling, Springer hurt, and Bregman hurt at different times, I would have assumed we were going to lose 100 games.

it's entirely possible the Twins are going to come out and beat us 8-1 and 6-3 and that'll be it for Astros baseball in 2020. I'm OK with it. We're not very good this year. This is a bonus that might last a bunch of games or might last two. But thinking back on no baseball at all for all of April, May, June and most of July and it's hard to get that pissed off about might happen this week.

But I'll be watching and cheering. If we win today, anything is suddenly possible. It is the playoffs after all, we've been pretty salty in the post-season the last few years. The atmosphere is very different, but the core guys are still themselves. If we win this first series, suddenly people are afraid of the Astros again. Enjoying the ride with you fellows as I have these many long years.

EDIT: Also, I got to interview Kevin Costner on Monday for a book I'm ghostwriting and we talked baseball for a good 15-20 minutes /nonhumblebrag

Harry Dunne
Beat40
In a way, this is a lot like 2015. We are in the post season when we probably shouldn't have been.

Hopefully these guys play loose like they have nothing to lose.

This time the saying has validity - it is actually the world against the Astros this season. I'd like to see some fire and fight today.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Ag_07
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Ag_07 said:

It's not

Well I'll be damned!!!

That's good to hear.
AustinCountyAg
how the F do i watch the game? I see ESPN3, but how do I access it? Surely my $160 a month Directv package gets me access??
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I'm really grateful there was a 2020 season and that I was able to at least Gamecast most of the games.
I'm grateful the Astros made the playoffs, despite a losing record. Four straight years in the playoffs has never happened before for this franchise. We went 4 out of 5 years in 97-99, 01 - but this is special.

If you had told me last November 1 that the 2020 Astros would have a different manager, different GM, no Gerrit Cole, Justin Verlander for 1 start, Yordan Alvarez for 1 start, Altuve either hurt or struggling, Springer hurt, and Bregman hurt at different times, I would have assumed we were going to lose 100 games.

it's entirely possible the Twins are going to come out and beat us 8-1 and 6-3 and that'll be it for Astros baseball in 2020. I'm OK with it. We're not very good this year. This is a bonus that might last a bunch of games or might last two. But thinking back on no baseball at all for all of April, May, June and most of July and it's hard to get that pissed off about might happen this week.

But I'll be watching and cheering. If we win today, anything is suddenly possible. It is the playoffs after all, we've been pretty salty in the post-season the last few years. The atmosphere is very different, but the core guys are still themselves. If we win this first series, suddenly people are afraid of the Astros again. Enjoying the ride with you fellows as I have these many long years.

EDIT: Also, I got to interview Kevin Costner on Monday for a book I'm ghostwriting and we talked baseball for a good 15-20 minutes /nonhumblebrag

I'm gonna need details on this...
n_touch
Nuke LaLoosh said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I'm gonna need details on this...
Shouldn't you already know Nuke? I mean come on meat
First Page Last Page
Page 548 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.