****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,632,793 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

bearkatag15 said:

tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

It looks like 4 starters are locked in for next year:

ZG
LMJ
Framber
Javier

Think Click finds a project guy to fill the 5th spot i.e. a Daniel Mengden type?

Did Urquidy die?
damnit... no just had a brain fart.

I guess the real question would be how many bullpen arms he tries to find

I like your rotation though. I'd put Urquidy as the 2 starter in front of Lance

Big question will be if Bielak pushes for a starter spot as well as Whitley if he ever makes a push
If Whitley isn't at least in the bullpen at some point next year I think its time to stop considering him a top prospect.
You would have thought with all the warm A bodies we tossed out there he would have had a shot at it this year.
Pretty sure he got shut down due to an arm/elbow/shoulder? injury or something
cap-n-jack
What exactly did he do to piss it away? Other than getting zoomed by these A ball guys who seem to be doing a good job. Maybe he's just one of those career minor leaguer guys. Seems that if he had it he'd be here by now.
Mathguy64
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Mathguy64 said:

bearkatag15 said:

tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

It looks like 4 starters are locked in for next year:

ZG
LMJ
Framber
Javier

Think Click finds a project guy to fill the 5th spot i.e. a Daniel Mengden type?

Did Urquidy die?
damnit... no just had a brain fart.

I guess the real question would be how many bullpen arms he tries to find

I like your rotation though. I'd put Urquidy as the 2 starter in front of Lance

Big question will be if Bielak pushes for a starter spot as well as Whitley if he ever makes a push
If Whitley isn't at least in the bullpen at some point next year I think its time to stop considering him a top prospect.
You would have thought with all the warm A bodies we tossed out there he would have had a shot at it this year.
Pretty sure he got shut down due to an arm/elbow/shoulder? injury or something
Yeah. I totally forgot.
old ag 2003
AG
Whitley is hurt...
Mathguy64
AG
Freaking George being on 4 times and having to jog around the bases on his HR will have to sit and rest tomorrow.
Harry Dunne
Other than effing around with drugs and getting suspended 50 games in 2018? You don't think both things stunted his development?
tjack16
AG
1-4 hitters tonight have 11 combined hits

That's good right?
cap-n-jack
I really don't know man. Seems he's hurt too now.
I just know he was hailed as all world can't miss and now A ball guys are making an impact and he isn't even on the scene. I'd also forgotten about the drug stuff.
Mathguy64
AG
Well poop. Cycles are about as rare as no hitters. We had two chances at seeing one.

More weird cycle trivia. In 1943 someone managed one without the ball leaving the park. Bob Watson (who they mentioned as an Astros cycle) is one of three players to hit one in each league and Cavan and Craig Biggio are only one of three families to each have one. Darryl and Gary Ward also did it so the Astros have some really rare history there. No one in MLB has ever accomplished the ultra rare Homer Cycle (4 homers - solo, 2 run , 3 run and grand slam) but it's happened in the minors, college baseball, college softball, high school and little league.
bearkatag15
AG
Man Odor is an ugly mother****er....
Harry Dunne
Brooks throw strikes
Harry Dunne
bearkatag15 said:

Man Odor is an ugly mother****er....
bearkatag15
AG

Wouldn't mind bringing him back next year as a cheap arm
Mathguy64
AG
Spider-Man piling on. No way they open this roof the rest of the season.
W
AG
and he would probably like living/staying local (i.e. Houston) after 5 years in Korea
cap-n-jack
How old is he?
carpediem13
AG
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Red Dog and the Dweebs!
R-Dog
AG
Garneau is so bad...golden sombrero when the rest of the team is ripping the cover off the ball. Subpar defensively too...surely we look for another backup catcher this winter
agproducer
AG
Rangers fans in 2017: Astros were bad for baseball. They talked to get where they are. That's disrespectful to the sort!

Rangers fans today: C'mon! We need to lose. We need to go 0-4 to get the number one draft pick!

agproducer
AG
R-Dog said:

Garneau is so bad...golden sombrero when the rest of the team is ripping the cover off the ball. Subpar defensively too...surely we look for another backup catcher this winter

We will always have the Laureano takedown.
Harry Dunne
Not sure why we traded Stassi. Couldn't have known he was going to tear it up this year, but why not just keep him for depth?
Mathguy64
AG
Mariners are done and Angels are dormi.
cap-n-jack
Whoop!
So good to be playing the rangerettes again.
?quality=85&strip=info&w=400
R-Dog
AG
I'm not upset letting Stassi go...he had his chances and no way to know if he would have done that for us or if he'll keep that up. But have to find someone with at least a pulse. Garneau is hitting .125. Someone who could hit .230 would look like Tony Gwynn compared to that.
agproducer
AG
Cap-n-Jack, you sir deliver quality posts after every win.
Harry Dunne
Agree, but it doesn't make sense to trade Stassi and then roll with Garneau, who is a worse baseball player. Garneau makes Stassi look like Johnny Bench.

Clown move.

We are lucky La Pera is having a career year at the plate.
W
AG
George has his OPS up to .897

he's added several million dollars to the end of his FA contract with a strong finish
W
AG
the AL Central is still up for grabs among the Twins (35-22), White Sox, and Indians.

the Tribe draws the lowly Pirates (18-39) for their last series -- they might win it.

A's (34-22) could end up as the #2 seed. Setting up the 'stros to play the Central winner.

the Twins and the Chisox have considerably more firepower at the plate than the A's for sure
bluefire579
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Well poop. Cycles are about as rare as no hitters. We had two chances at seeing one.

More weird cycle trivia. In 1943 someone managed one without the ball leaving the park. Bob Watson (who they mentioned as an Astros cycle) is one of three players to hit one in each league and Cavan and Craig Biggio are only one of three families to each have one. Darryl and Gary Ward also did it so the Astros have some really rare history there. No one in MLB has ever accomplished the ultra rare Homer Cycle (4 homers - solo, 2 run , 3 run and grand slam) but it's happened in the minors, college baseball, college softball, high school and little league.
It's also funny to think about those single game accomplishments (cycle, perfect game/no-no, etc.) can be done by someone who never really does anything else significant in their entire career.

Case in point, our last one being Brandon Barnes in 2013.
astros4545
AG
Jackal99
AG
From replies to the original post...

https://www.wisn.com/article/man-accused-of-breaking-into-miller-park-wanted-to-write-his-name-in-cursive-with-the-tractor/32813844
bluefire579
AG
astros4545 said:

Broke into Miller Park and didn't even go for the slide. What a waste
Mathguy64
AG
Should have wrote "Bud Selig is a tool" in the outfield.

I'm going with the "Well Your Honor, if they didn't want me doin' it, why did they leave the doors unlocked and the keys in the John Deere?" defense.
CFTXAG10
AG
That is awesome. Pre-Covid I had a standing once a month meeting at MMP. You would be amazed at how easy it is to get in and gain access to the field on a non-game day.
First Page Last Page
Page 534 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.