****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,632,331 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
W said:

yeah, it does feel like a house cleaning may be coming in the offseason.

let all 4 of the FA's walk.

and listen to trade talks involving anyone who is an FA after 2021

If you think this is an offensive aberration then that is crazy talk. If not, I'd prefer it over death by a thousand .500 season cuts. Who wants to be the Rangers for a decade? Question is, are you willing to bet the franchise's next 5 years on a 60 game whack job of a season? I don't think so...
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

W said:

If you think this is an offensive aberration then that is crazy talk. If not, I'd prefer it over death by a thousand .500 season cuts. Who wants to be the Rangers for a decade? Question is, are you willing to bet the franchise's next 5 years on a 60 game whack job of a season? I don't think so...

Yeah I'd prefer we not blow it up based on the weirdest season in MLB history
bluefire579
AG
Ag_07 said:

So what's the story with Dee's last name?
Not sure if anyone answered already, but they mentioned on the broadcast last night that his mother was killed when he was younger and he wanted to honor her by taking on her name as part of his
astros4545
AG
tjack16 said:

Marvin said:

W said:

SOON

agproducer
AG
I wasn't suggesting blowing this thing up with my last post.

I think this team just needs some time if to put this bizarre season behind them.

They've been decimated by injuries. Then, when they return from the DL, they have to have MLB pitching to get back up to speed. Add that to having guys pitch who haven't faced hours higher than A Ball, that makes it a cluster.

If the bullpen was serviceable during that losing streak, we wouldn't be just 2 games away from clinching. We would already be clinched.

It just sucks that this is likely the send off for George, Uncle Mike and Yuli.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
astros4545 said:

tjack16 said:

Marvin said:

W said:

SOON

And before anyone say "if he comes back" The dude played two games this year and SMASHED the baseball up tweaked a knee and had surgery....If he could do end of last season and those two games with bum knees I think he may be even better after the knee cleanups and a regular prep time for next season. Im very positive here
W
AG
Marvin said:

W said:

that's the tricky part for Click.

there are scores of major league hitters who are hitting just as well in 2020 as they did in 2019.

Brantley, Tucker, and Machete have had good seasons at the plate. What's wrong with so many of the other guys?

is it just the aberration of the 2020 season or is it father time or something else
W
AG
and adding to the problem...is how bad the help from the farm system has looked this year. Specifically Toro and Straw
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

and adding to the problem...is how bad the help from the farm system has looked this year. Specifically Toro and Straw
Offensively? Agreed. Not ready to write them off, but not ready to just roll with them next year and hope for the best.

Pitching wise? We've far exceeded my expectations. Based on this season I feel fairly confident we have a solid rotation and some nice bullpen pieces on the cheap for years to come.

Ag_07
AG
Agree completely

I've said before that my concern for the organization as a while was the pitching depth and where we find arms.

This is season has flipped that concern. I'm now worried where we're gonna get bats and position players.
tjack16
AG
4 games left and we just need a split to clinch. It's crazy that a split against the last place team in the AL is a tough ask for this team
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

Agree completely

I've said before that my concern for the organization as a while was the pitching depth and where we find arms.

This is season has flipped that concern. I'm now worried where we're gonna get bats and position players.
Amen brotha
Big Al 1992
AG
Haven't noticed if teams are popping Champagne and chugging Budweiser when they clinch in this goofy season - I kinda hope when we clinch we keep it subdued since they are slinking into a 6th seed. Win that first 3 game series then I'll celebrate that and realize it is probably last time the core group all celebrate together.
Ags #1
AG
Rays did a confetti and silly string celebration when they clinched. Think mlb is not wanting them to pop bottles
Ag_07
AG
With the lack of draft picks I wonder if Click will toss around the idea of trading one or more of the young arms for some position players.

Maybe move Javier or Garcia to try and restock some talent.

Farmer1906
AG
Ags #1 said:

Rays did a confetti and silly string celebration when they clinched. Think mlb is not wanting them to pop bottles
They banned alcohol.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ags #1 said:

They banned alcohol.

Bars closed unless they serve food. No alcohol in MLB

I'm guessing Covid knows if alcohol is present. You have food? Good you're safe. Beer? CORONA KNOWS
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Agree completely

We can supplement in free agency and hopefully develop at least one more above average regular (Taylor at 1B would be my best, maybe Leon too).

Between Bregman, Altuve (hopefully he can be fixed), Alvarez, & Tucker we should have an elite 1 thru 4 in the lineup.
Bulldog73
AG
Um because Corona is alcohol.
AggieLit
Beat40 said:

n_touch said:

I think its Hinch. The guys loved playing for him and where having fun. They have not looked like they were having fun all year.

To be frank, they probably should have stopped sign stealing when he smashed two monitors with a baseball bat.

When you get angry and overreact, it shows weakness. Whenever he heard the trash can bang, he should have just walked over and calmly said, "Please turn off the monitor and stop hitting the trash can like I asked."

I know, easy for me to say, harder for him to do. It's a shame that this one shortcoming ruined a HOF managerial career. That's how life works sometimes, though. The one little thing you did wrong becomes the thing that everyone sees and judges you by.
AggieLit
dp
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I saw something a few days ago posting that Marisnick is done for the year...was he injured? It also said he barely played? Id personally be ok with picking him back up and patrolling CF instead of straw if we lose Mike and George
Jackal99
AG
They mentioned last night that he's injured and out for the rest of the season, and only played 16 games for the Mets this season.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Also for the record I dont think there is any way you can let both Brantley and Springer Walk.....you have to resign one of them
Mathguy64
AG
4 games left.

I can remember the days gone last when 2/3 of the lineup was at of near .300

agproducer
AG
Mathguy64 said:

4 games left.

I can remember the days gone last when 2/3 of the lineup was at of near .300

Looks like statistics from 2014 or 2015. Are we sure Chris Carter isn't in this lineup?
3B Paul 97
AG
Eric Bruntlett would provide more production from the 2 hole.

Same could be said for Brandon Backe.
BCSGrubber
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

Eric Bruntlett would provide more production from the 2 hole.

Same could be said for Brandon Backe.

Why cant Greinke bat?
Harry Dunne
Chris Carter at least hit a HR every now and then.
jah003
S
Time to sweep these mother ****ers... and score eleventy billion runs in the process.

SA-AG72
AG
Damn I hate the rangers announcers. They're fkn arrogant *******s.
old ag 2003
AG
Great work Altuve....crush his pitch count and hit a single.
Teddy Perkins
AG
It's working! Great battle by Altuve and awesome swing by Bregs.
Mathguy64
AG
The way they hacked that ball round out there, better wheels might have been a LL homer.
mwm
Man, that ball took a weird bounce off the wall in left center. But, it was in our favor!
First Page Last Page
Page 530 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.