****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,539 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Straw only got to second!?!?! I was waving him around 3rd like a motherufcker in my mind.
Ags #1
AG
No kidding how did he not get to 3rd
tjack16
AG
That was not a strike
Johnsy3
AG
Per commissioner's orders, here comes more bad strike calls late in the game
Burn-It
AG
Not sure why Straw pinch runs & doesn't attempt a steal early in the count.
AKA 13-0
tjack16
AG
Has Altuve had a clutch hit all season? Serious question
cap-n-jack
Remember when we wanted Altuve with the bat in his hands when the game was in the balance?
wildmen09
AG
Wow, better go win the series in Texas
Ags #1
AG
Strike 1 was atrocious but he probably strikes out anyways
BCSGrubber
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Straw only got to second!?!?! I was waving him around 3rd like a motherufcker in my mind.

Straw is not a good base runner. He also sucks at stealing for a fast guy.
mwm
I've got a bad feeling in my gut about the next 4 games.
tjack16
AG
This 2020 team hasn't exactly been helping defend themselves from national media and people who believe we were only good because of cheating.

I really expected us to come out, win the division, be WS favorites, shut the national media up and put up big offensive numbers again even with Yordan out.
Gap
AG
Does anyone else often think "I bet this is going to matter later" when we don't execute in the early part of a game?
astros4545
AG
BCSGrubber said:

Harry Dunne said:

One career caught stealing?
tjack16
AG
Gap said:

Does anyone else often think "I bet this is going to matter later" when we don't execute in the early part of a game?

I have that feeling every time we don't take advantage of RISP with less than 2 outs. Which seems to happen every game.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
tjack16 said:

Last Saturday he tied the game at 2 with a double in the bottom of the sixth, then scored the go-ahead run.
Ag_07
AG
But we were REALLY good in 2019 when we didn't cheat.

The national media types can fk off.
tjack16
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

tjack16 said:

Last Saturday he tied the game at 2 with a double in the bottom of the sixth, then scored the go-ahead run.

Oh yeah I forgot. That's the only one I can think of though.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Ag_07 said:

But we were REALLY good in 2019 when we didn't cheat.

The national media types can fk off.

I'll be honest. I wonder if there were still shenanigans

But maybe that's just because of how bad they all have been this year.
6-4-3
AG
tjack16 said:

This 2020 team hasn't exactly been helping defend themselves from national media and people who believe we were only good because of cheating.

I really expected us to come out, win the division, be WS favorites, shut the national media up and put up big offensive numbers again even with Yordan out.

If it were only that easy. First, losing Cole and Verlander in the same season most definitely balances the field and makes the division a wide open race. Then we have a total meltdown from veteran players.
BCSGrubber
AG
astros4545 said:

BCSGrubber said:

Harry Dunne said:

One career caught stealing?

Twice this year as well. Emotional typing he doesn't seem to run when you would expect him to but that could be Dusty
tjack16
AG
Slider Away said:

tjack16 said:

If it were only that easy. First, losing Cole and Verlander in the same season most definitely balances the field and makes the division a wide open race. Then we have a total meltdown from veteran players.

Losing cole and Verlander shouldn't effect the offense though. That's what my post was about. Our pitching has been good enough to win the division, or at least have clinched the #2 spot already. We've lost a lot of close games scoring less than 3 runs this year. Even with a fully healthy lineup sans Alvarez.
Beat40
tjack16 said:

Slider Away said:

tjack16 said:

Losing cole and Verlander shouldn't effect the offense though. That's what my post was about. Our pitching has been good enough to win the division, or at least have clinched the #2 spot already. We've lost a lot of close games scoring less than 3 runs this year. Even with a fully healthy lineup sans Alvarez.
It's a combination of bad luck and loss of power for whatever reason.

We lead the league in fewest strikeouts at 410, 165 less than the league leading Rays. We're putting the ball in play. Just not very powerfully.
Ag_07
AG
It's a result of it being a shltty season.

Off-season BS, fired manager, new manager, ST, stop, restart ST, start a short season with all kinds of stupid protocols like no couches in the clubhouse and no fans and being locked down on the road, then losing JV, losing Yordan and on and on and on with the injuries resulting no coherence. They're dealing with shlt well never see again.

All adds up to being a lousy season that needs to wiped away.
tjack16
AG

This is less than ideal
3B Paul 97
AG
Just saving it up for the Rangers and then the playoffs.
agproducer
AG
As fans, this is really irritating. Imagine how the players are feeling. They are pressing... big time!

They aren't having fun, and it shows. The team is lacking energy. It's lacking silliness. They are all playing tight.

They have for games left to figure it out.

I want them to make the postseason, but maybe sitting it out this year is one of the best things to happen for the club.

This whole season has been rushed. I'm sure they feel like they are imprisoned while on the road. And with a shaky pitching staff, they've trying to get all the runs back in a single swing. Tucker leads this team with an MVP, an MVP runner up and World Series MVP in RBI. Let that sink in. If it wouldn't have been for 2 additional ABs last year, he'd be considered a rookie. Again, let that sink it.

This season has been jacked overall. All the unity coming out of Spring Training was dampened by COVID and the time of. Also, players don't have time to work through slumps. If this team was ,500 in June, we wouldn't be panicking and talking about how bad they are. But we are... because of a condensed season.

The league is going to crown a champion this season. It probably won't be the home nine. But in the face of all this adversity and crushing hate over the sign stealing scandal, they've handled it.

I'm going to miss watching George, Yuli, and Uncle Mike, but this team needs a fresh start in 2021.
W
AG
the OPS numbers tell the story:

Altuve .591
Yuli .687
Correa .689
Reddick .668

it's terrible to have 4 regulars below .700
W
AG
yeah, it does feel like a house cleaning may be coming in the offseason.

let all 4 of the FA's walk.

and listen to trade talks involving anyone who is an FA after 2021
n_touch
I think its Hinch. The guys loved playing for him and where having fun. They have not looked like they were having fun all year.
Poot
If you have too much fun too early, then you might clinch. And we definitely wouldn't want that.

Plus, having too much fun will probably make you high risk, so that'll get you a day off.
Beat40
n_touch said:

I think its Hinch. The guys loved playing for him and where having fun. They have not looked like they were having fun all year.

To be frank, they probably should have stopped sign stealing when he smashed two monitors with a baseball bat.

I know they couldn't have anticipated losing AJ as a result since they didn't think they were doing anything a lot of other teams weren't doing, but man, I bet they have a sense of guilt about it and are trying to atone for everyone this season.

Still, AJ sent a clear message how he felt about the sign stealing and the players ignored it.
W
AG
it would really behoove the Astros to win Thursday's game (vs. Lance Lynn).

the Angels are 14-6 in their last 20 games...and the Dodgers have already clinched everything in the national league. LAD may go into 'rest' mode this weekend
BMX Bandit
looking ahead: as for today, A's move to 2, Twins at 3, White Sox at 5. Indians are two games back. Indians end with the Pirates so not out of it.

If we can win a world series, spoiling one of those teams seasons in the 3 game set would take some of the sting away from a dismal season.

Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

This is less than ideal

And it's amplified in a 60 game season. Tough to win when your path to success is consistently 1-0 or 2-1 games.
First Page Last Page
Page 529 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.