****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,602,501 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They just had that interview with ARod about him staying healthy too
jakeaggie84
AG
Damn
CFTXAG10
AG
WHAT THE ACTUAL **** 2020
MosesHallRAB04
AG
****. I think he might be done
htxag09
AG
I think blummer covered it pretty well earlier this game. You don't have the time nor the minor league games to have guys rehab and get their timing back down, get back into game shape, etc. They are trying to get back into mid season form in mlb games. Just kind of have to deal with it and hope people are hitting their stride by playoffs.

This season could be causing longer term damage for mlb. It's obvious they didn't do the right thing by the amount of injuries.
Harry Dunne
Carlos is brittle AF. It was only a matter of time. This was just tough luck, it's not like he could've done anything to avoid it...But at the same time he has freak deals happen every year, a lot of times in the batters box which is pretty unusual.
jakeaggie84
AG
linkdude
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Carlos is brittle AF. It was only a matter of time. This was just tough luck, it's not like he could've done anything to avoid it...But at the same time he has freak deals happen every year, a lot of times in the batters box which is pretty unusual.
Dude, come on. It could have happened to anyone...
Beau Bevers
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** 2020

Seriously. Print up a shirt with this on it for BP. Guarantee every Astro would wear it.
bearkatag15
AG
I feel like most players walk that off and get back in the batters box.
Aggie95
AG
not watching...what happened
Harry Dunne
linkdude said:

Harry Dunne said:

Dude, come on. It could have happened to anyone...
of course it could've happened to anyone...But when it happens to the same guy every season it's not just bad luck.
agproducer
AG
The thing that is worrisome is that he has to be helped off the field.

Hopefully, it's just a bruise and he was experiencing "discomfort."
Cromagnum
AG
Aggie95 said:

not watching...what happened

He doinked the ball right into his ankle.
Beat40
Harry Dunne said:

I gave you a star because I agree with the sentiment 100%, but it would be scary to have to play 162 games with this bullpen.

Yeah, 162 games with this bullpen would be wild.
DenverAg91
AG
Mathguy64
AG
And that brings up the George versus Carlos money. Can you afford to give that kind of scratch for that many years to a guy who goes down every season? Not that Goerge has avoided injuries. He's has his fair share of them with lots of down time. But that's going to be a long expensive contract for Carlos and this franchise can't afford Stanton money/production that NYY are getting.
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

I feel like most players walk that off and get back in the batters box.

I'd be curious how hard that ball was hit off the bat. It looked like it was smoked. Also, it looked to me like he hit right on the bump of the ankle.
bearkatag15
AG
Give Urquidy the 8th IMO
Deluxe
AG
Need to get Urquidy a run here so he can get the win. If he gets the win, that proves it was a quality start.
W
AG
Urquidy has been great
Beat40
At the end of the day, I think this offense is putting a ton of pressure on themselves when there are RISP. They don't seem very comfortable.

Prime example is Reddick getting the bases loaded and dinking it to the pitcher and then the next AB lacing a single.

Just seems like they are trying to make too much happen when guys are in scoring position.
Ag_07
AG
I don't disagree with that at all.

It's just time for us as fans to get over the 'Just get healthy and we'll be fine' outlook.

It's not gonna be fine because of the point you just made. It is what it is at this point in the season. We are what we are and that's not gonna change in 13 games.
W
AG
nice stroke by Machete.

could pinch run here
Mathguy64
AG
Run Pear Run.
Mathguy64
AG
Need George to launch another piss missile.
Mathguy64
AG
WTF is on the back of this idiot's hat?
mwm
What is that on the back of the pitcher's cap? Huge spot.
Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

Need George to launch another piss missile.

I just want to see these guys stay within themselves with someone in scoring position. Would like them to just keep the train rolling.
Mathguy64
AG
So he's got sticky stuff on his hat and he's dumb enough to get rosin all over it.
Farmer1906
AG
Cmon Tuve. Come through.
Big Al 1992
AG
So is that Pine Tar on the back of Goody's hat - he keeps rubbing his arm on the back of his hat.
Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

WTF is on the back of this idiot's hat?

Looks like some sort of pine tar rosen bag mixture to increase his spin rate on his slider.
Farmer1906
AG
That was a nice fat slider.
Cromagnum
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

So is that Pine Tar on the back of Goody's hat - he keeps rubbing his arm on the back of his hat.

Nobody will ever inspect it.
First Page Last Page
Page 492 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.