****MLB The Show 20 TexAgs Custom League*****

5,826 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Fuzzy Dunlop
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
***** 0-4 today. InvestorAg lit me up. The Twins pitching is not good. Part of it is operator error, but overall, the pitching is very mediocre.

I can see this team going 0-7.

Regardless though, I'm loving it.
Bregxit
AG
n-touch and I got our moneys worth in a 12 inning bout. Devo did Devo things and have up three in the top, then I popped Betances for 2 before Breggy hit a 110mph liner to the left fielder to end it 6-5.
n_touch
Its not just you on pitching. I can set my pitch get a good thing on the pitch meter and its no where near where I pitched. Luckily I somehow made it past Bregxit. He was true to his name...lol
n_touch
What hes leaving out is we both had bases loaded at different times between the 6th and 12th and either hit double plays or struck out. That Astros lineup is a pain o get through for 6 innings much less 12.
Bregxit
AG
That game was pretty epic lol. I kept thinking "haha I got him" and then roll over into a DP. Then I'd think you had it and bang, another DP.

That was a lot of fun. Our bullpens are fooked for our next games.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Sorry I wasn't on last night. Making a quick trip to OK for work today so won't be back on-line until sometime tomorrow. I'll get caught up quickly as long as y'all are on-line too. Save some dingers for me!
tjack16
AG
They need a major pitching and fielding overhaul on the next year's game for sure. I didnt notice as much of an issue on veteran yesterday... but if you play all star or above it's virtually impossible to locate your pitches. And the fielding sucks
n_touch
Bregxit said:

That game was pretty epic lol. I kept thinking "haha I got him" and then roll over into a DP. Then I'd think you had it and bang, another DP.

This was something I was wondering. How long does it take them to rest up. Is it our days or does the game simulate that? I played 3 games yesterday and all my guys are gassed.
tjack16
AG
n_touch said:

Bregxit said:

This was something I was wondering. How long does it take them to rest up. Is it our days or does the game simulate that? I played 3 games yesterday and all my guys are gassed.
I think it takes a full 24 hours from what I've seen, or a 4 game cycle... whichever comes first. I played two yesterday and Cole pitched game 1. He got gassed but now he's back to close to half energy.
investorAg83
AG
n_touch said:

Bregxit said:

It's not real time. It's simulated. Most guys aren't ready until the 4th game at the earliest unless they have stupid stamina. Gassed relievers typically get back to full strength after sitting an entire game.

Guys only regenerate energy if they're in the rotation or the bullpen...not so much of a problem in our league but online, you can't just gas somebody, take him out and plug another card in on your team. When you try to add him back to your rotation he's still gassed.
investorAg83
AG
tjholley16 said:

They need a major pitching and fielding overhaul on the next year's game for sure. I didnt notice as much of an issue on veteran yesterday... but if you play all star or above it's virtually impossible to locate your pitches. And the fielding sucks
It's going to take a few adjustments with patches. On release day, hitting was OP and pitching was ok (just impossible to get corner calls) but fielding was great. I like where hitting is now, pitching is getting better (stats matter, especially control) and I only have the occasional frustration with fielding (normally on balls at the wall that are catchable or when I get to the spot with a second to set up so it never locks into an animation). I think it just takes time to get used to it.

I know guys that have been analog pitchers for the past few years that have switched to the pitching meter due to frustration.
n_touch
Since we only did this as one game each are we going to run it back again with a deeper schedule and same teams?
Bregxit
AG
Only missing fuzzy and CAR from the Groupme chat. This is going to be helpful coordinating playtimes.
agproducer
AG
n_touch said:

Since we only did this as one game each are we going to run it back again with a deeper schedule and same teams?

Absolutely, but I'll be ditching the Twins.
n_touch
Bregxit said:

Only missing fuzzy and CAR from the Groupme chat. This is going to be helpful coordinating playtimes.
So its like that?
Bregxit
AG
n_touch said:

Bregxit said:

So its like that?

Oh crap I forgot you aren't there either since we played last night! PM me your digits!
CAR96
AG
I am an old guy, sorta, can you guys tell me what I need to do for this group chat.
n_touch
Bregxit said:

n_touch said:

Bregxit said:

So its like that?

Oh crap I forgot you aren't there either since we played last night! PM me your digits!
With all the time we spent together last night how could you forget me?
Mr.Bond
AG
n_touch said:

Bregxit said:

n_touch said:

Bregxit said:

So its like that?

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Bregxit
AG
n_touch said:

Bregxit said:

n_touch said:

Bregxit said:

So its like that?

Well, I was pretty drunk. And my feeble brain was conflating our post game chat on the game with the Groupme chat.

Speaking of drunk...I had no idea how loud a whiskey glass is when it shatters on the kitchen tile at 3am! Or how hard it is to pick up glass shards bare handed. I could have given multiple blood samples by the time that was done.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Just sent email and phone number.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.