Ross Stripling? You disappoint

4,414 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SquirrellyDan
Flexbone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[Reminder to be respectful, please. - Staff]
Nino Brown
You mean we don't have to steal signs to get on base? You're just gonna hit us? Sweet
SquirrellyDan
AG
investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

investorAg83 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Several Astros admitted that Beltran/Cora told them when they joined, the Astros were behind the times about this stuff and needed to catch up. Hell the Yankees were using their own TV network (YES) to record and steal signs.
It's not an excuse or a cop out to say "they all were doing it" because a lot of teams WERE doing it.
Everyone is allowed to use technology to gather data...that's the box that the MLB opened when they started to allow it. But no one except the Astros (whatever other investigations are pending) were relaying info in real time. They were behind everyone and then massively in front of everyone in an instant.

You aren't paying attention. It's been happening since 1900, when an box was buried under the first base coaches feet and would vibrate depending on the call, which would get relayed to the batter. It continued in the 80s with a Gatorade light in the white Sox outfield. iPads are allowed in the dugouts bc of a contract with apple. BoSox and Yankees used apple watches. And that's just some of the info that made its way out without a full on investigation like the one into the Astros.

The Gatorade light is an allegation by McDowell that LaRussa installed and used that light....McDowell got to the team after LaRussa was already fired. Nothing but hearsay.

If you want to equate what the Astros did to something that occurred in the game in 1900 to feel better about it, go right ahead.

This is going to be a fun season.
If you think something that was done in baseball 120 years ago in a sport that is known for finding ways to cut corners and bend rules just stopped all the way until the hated Astros did it in 2017, you're not very bright or are just happy to have a reason to crap on the Astros.
investorAg83
AG
Flexbone said:

investorAg83 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

investorAg83 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Several Astros admitted that Beltran/Cora told them when they joined, the Astros were behind the times about this stuff and needed to catch up. Hell the Yankees were using their own TV network (YES) to record and steal signs.
It's not an excuse or a cop out to say "they all were doing it" because a lot of teams WERE doing it.
Everyone is allowed to use technology to gather data...that's the box that the MLB opened when they started to allow it. But no one except the Astros (whatever other investigations are pending) were relaying info in real time. They were behind everyone and then massively in front of everyone in an instant.

You aren't paying attention. It's been happening since 1900, when an box was buried under the first base coaches feet and would vibrate depending on the call, which would get relayed to the batter. It continued in the 80s with a Gatorade light in the white Sox outfield. iPads are allowed in the dugouts bc of a contract with apple. BoSox and Yankees used apple watches. And that's just some of the info that made its way out without a full on investigation like the one into the Astros.

The Gatorade light is an allegation by McDowell that LaRussa installed and used that light....McDowell got to the team after LaRussa was already fired. Nothing but hearsay.

If you want to equate what the Astros did to something that occurred in the game in 1900 to feel better about it, go right ahead.

This is going to be a fun season.

You are a moron. You prove it over and over. Assumptions on top of assumptions on top of poor logical reasoning, the list goes on. The Astros were the only ones taking it to that level!! I know because they're the only ones it's been proven against!!!!

They're the only team that's been investigated Einstein. Any player or former player with no axe to grind has said they aren't at all alone. Do you literally have a tv with a bat signal and a mute button set to only hear the stuff you post here?

We'll see when the other investigations are concluded.
Carlo4
AG
Nino Brown said:

You mean we don't have to steal signs to get on base? You're just gonna hit us? Sweet

Post of the year! Love it.
South Platte
Big Al 1992 said:

I have yet to see any dodger beech about the Red Sox in 2018. And they are now teammates with one. Where's the outrage?
Boston is a proven, championship franchise with 3 other recent WS titles. Houston isn't. Right or wrong, people can claim that Boston would have won in 2018 without cheating. They aren't going to get a fraction of the noise that Houston has.
cc10106
Despite being repeat offenders? Not so sure.
SquirrellyDan
AG
South Platte said:

Big Al 1992 said:

I have yet to see any dodger beech about the Red Sox in 2018. And they are now teammates with one. Where's the outrage?
Boston is a proven, championship franchise with 3 other recent WS titles. Houston isn't. Right or wrong, people can claim that Boston would have won in 2018 without cheating. They aren't going to get a fraction of the noise that Houston has.
Dumb. If anything people should be yelling more about the massive market teams like BoSox and Yankees, but the media is shoving 'Astros Bad!' down everyone's throats and ignoring electronic sign stealing that's been happening since 1900.

Not expecting a response...
investorAg83
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

South Platte said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Dumb. If anything people should be yelling more about the massive market teams like BoSox and Yankees, but the media is shoving 'Astros Bad!' down everyone's throats and ignoring electronic sign stealing that's been happening since 1900.

That's irrelevant...just because it happened before doesn't make it right. At the time the pitchers were allowed to discolor, spit, scuff and misuse the ball however they wanted. There were no real rules to govern the integrity of the game. So to say that this is the same may be true but you're equating to a time in the league that operated like the wild west.

We'll see what the reports are out of Boston but according to their players and based on reactions from the rest of the league, either EVERYONE is cheating and is going to look like damn fools or Houston took it to another level. My bias is clear...I think Houston stands alone. And the players know it.
SquirrellyDan
AG
I've said this several times and haven't got a response...what the Astros did also wasn't against any rule in 2017. What the Astros did wasn't new, the only thing new is the backlash.

You think the Astros stand alone when Boston and NY have already been punished for electronic sign stealing?
Bubba smollett
Is this where I have to support Ross to be a good aggie??? Screw him go stros...Aggies are suck dorks sometimes.
Dallasag02
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

South Platte said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Why do Astros fans keep acting like they are Tampa Bay or Oakland? Houston people spend tons of time desperately reminding everybody that they are the 4th largest city in the country, but since this has happened it's as if everybody is picking on the poor little Astros. Are you a big boy or aren't you, Houston?

Just more moving the goalposts.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Dallasag02 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

South Platte said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Why do Astros fans keep acting like they are Tampa Bay or Oakland? Houston people spend tons of time desperately reminding everybody that they are the 4th largest city in the country, but since this has happened it's as if everybody is picking on the poor little Astros. Are you a big boy or aren't you, Houston?

Just more moving the goalposts.

Of course we're a bigger brand than Tampa,Oakland, Arlington, etc....we are just pointing out the obvious differences between NY, Boston, LA, and everyone else.
SquirrellyDan
AG
LaQuica said:

Is this where I have to support Ross to be a good aggie??? Screw him go stros...Aggies are suck dorks sometimes.

We are the dorkiest fan base in the country. I love A&M with all my heart but I can see why we are easy to poke fun at too.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.