Ross Stripling? You disappoint

4,454 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SquirrellyDan
Joe Schillaci 48
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I read this in the Houston Chronicle. Hopefully it is wrong....

Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling acknowledged he'd "lean toward" hitting Houston batters intentionally as a form of retaliation.

If that statement is accurate hopefully he has a good lawyer.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
Mike Elko
AG
Cheers to Ross. Be more disappointed in the Cheating Asstros organization/team. They all deserve to be beaned, and then some.

Edit: Typo. Thanks, Gramercy. Asstros are still pathetic.
ac04
pepe the dog said:

better make sure he's board certified
03_Aggie
ac04 said:

pepe the dog said:

better make sure he's board certified

In something other than tax of course.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Cheers to Ross. Be more disappointed in the Cheating Asstros organization/team. They all deserve to be beamed, and then some.

The word you're looking for is beaned. Getting this wrong is as bad as stealing signs.
astros4545
AG
I'll be impressed if Stripling even makes their playoff roster

Scrub who will be on Wall Street before he ever faces the Astros again
Unemployed
AG
I understand the anger but these guys just need to get over it.

All these soundbites are just noise. The guys that scare you are the ones that exact retribution without having to say sht. The ones that run their mouths talk big and hide behind potential punishment by MLB as an excuse to not doing anything.
94chem
Quote:

The guys that scare you are the ones that exact retribution without having to say sht.
Randy Johnson or Nolan Ryan on a normal day.
PatAg
AG
pepe the dog said:

Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling acknowledged he'd "lean toward" hitting Houston batters intentionally as a form of retaliation.

Sad that you would choose loyalty to Astros over A&M
MaxPower
Astros fan but I don't blame players for having this sentiment. It's emotional, specifically for those most directly impacted via playoff series losses. This inherent bias is why I wouldn't go to them for their opinion on the matter.

All that said, I've felt beaning is a loser attitude utilized by pitchers who can't get outs. You're better than that Ross. Why not strikeout Altuve and then give him the suck it hand signal from the mound?
Frok
AG
Astros lit him up in the All-Star last year, he's still upset about it.

I don't care if he's an Aggie, so are all of you and I argue with you every day on here.
03_Aggie
Frok said:

Astros lit him up in the All-Star last year, he's still upset about it..

Does that mean the AL is better at stealing signs than the NL?
annie88
AG
Many are gonna bean our players, they know it and they'll handle it.

People need to get the **** over it.

Go Astros.
West Point Aggie
AG
Take the trophy away
Take rings away
Remove title from record

Do the same for 2018 and state NO WS winner each year...

Any other punishment is pointless...apologies are pointless...and only happen because they got caught.
Big Al 1992
AG
I have yet to see any dodger beech about the Red Sox in 2018. And they are now teammates with one. Where's the outrage?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
PatAg said:

pepe the dog said:

If you want to hurt/maim a fellow human, I pick life over loyalty every day.

Any good Ag would never try to hurt someone on purpose. That is why I said I hope that story is wrong.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
The Lost
West Point Aggie said:

Take the trophy away
Take rings away
Remove title from record

Do the same for 2018 and state NO WS winner each year...

Any other punishment is pointless...apologies are pointless...and only happen because they got caught.
This one is still pointless. What are you thoughts on all the NCAA championships that have been taken away?
Aggies2009
AG
PatAg said:

pepe the dog said:

To defend their cheating, nonetheless.
BryanAggie2013
AG
pepe the dog said:

PatAg said:

pepe the dog said:

If you want to hurt/maim a fellow human, I pick life over loyalty every day.

Any good Ag would never try to hurt someone on purpose. That is why I said I hope that story is wrong.

Good Ags also hold to the Aggie Code of Honor.... there is a whole lot of toleration of cheating going on in our resident Astros fan base to be feeling much holier than thou...
Frok
AG
Quote:

Good Ags also hold to the Aggie Code of Honor

When convenient.
Aggies2009
AG
Frok said:

Quote:

Good Ags also hold to the Aggie Code of Honor

When convenient.
Or they amend it.

"Aggies do not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do.... unless you can convince yourself others do it. Then it's okay."
investorAg83
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

I have yet to see any dodger beech about the Red Sox in 2018. And they are now teammates with one. Where's the outrage?
No other team took it to the extreme that the Astros did. That's why there's no outrage.
investorAg83
AG
Please. He never said he was headhunting. They're going to get plenty of balls in the middle of their backs this year. Deservedly so.
03_Aggie
investorAg83 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

No other team took it to the extreme that the Astros did. That's why there's no outrage.

You mean the others team didn't win the WS. That's the differentiator. There's zero basis to say they didn't do it to the same extreme. It may be the case but the report on the Red Sox isn't even out yet.
investorAg83
AG
Every player interview that i've seen/heard has said sign stealing happens, they can use technology and recordings to go back through their AB's in-game, etc. But they've all said that they've never seen/heard any team doing what the Astros did. If the Red Sox did too, same punishment. But everything we've heard so far has put the Astros in their own category.
03_Aggie
investorAg83 said:

Every player interview that i've seen/heard has said sign stealing happens, they can use technology and recordings to go back through their AB's in-game, etc. But they've all said that they've never seen/heard any team doing what the Astros did. If the Red Sox did too, same punishment. But everything we've heard so far has put the Astros in their own category.

So cheating is ok as long as you aren't doing it as much as someone else?

Is that better or worse than Astros fans that dismiss because everyone else was doing it too?
HossAg
AG
PatAg said:

pepe the dog said:

Sad that an Aggie is willing to purposely try to hurt someone else over a game
HossAg
AG
investorAg83 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

How bout you pipe down till we see the report on the red Sox. They had the exact same dude leading the effort and they had already been busted for cheating before 2018.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The beaning should be allowed and the only punishment in the first place. This is how the game regulates itself
SquirrellyDan
AG
investorAg83 said:

Only because they were the only ones who were fully investigated. Which is fine, they were punished. Why do you think they haven't suspend the players? Because those players would open up about what happens across the league and mlb would be played in 2020 with a bunch of Arlington level players.
Drip99
AG
They Yankees had many players cheating for over a decade with steroids. They had 9 diff players on the 2000 championship team on illegal drugs to enhance performance. They had players on the 96,98,99 and 2000 championship teams on Roids. Arod was using them again in 2010-2012. They were fined for cheating in early 2017. You don't think that's extreme? They have been cheating for over 20 years.

You think the Yankees, Astros and Red Sox are the only people going to "extremes" to get an edge? For as long as baseball has been played there has been cheating going on. You can put up some mental theory of who took it to what extreme to justify ur hate of the Astros but you can't ignore that this is a flawed sport. It's not ****ing golf. Corked bats, scuffed balls, Pine tar, black Sox, Mets cameras, roids, Astros, Yankees, Red Sox etc. and I bet we are barely touching the tip of the ice berg but by all means carry on with your Astros outrage.
Big Al 1992
AG
Several Astros admitted that Beltran/Cora told them when they joined, the Astros were behind the times about this stuff and needed to catch up. Hell the Yankees were using their own TV network (YES) to record and steal signs.
It's not an excuse or a cop out to say "they all were doing it" because a lot of teams WERE doing it.
investorAg83
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Several Astros admitted that Beltran/Cora told them when they joined, the Astros were behind the times about this stuff and needed to catch up. Hell the Yankees were using their own TV network (YES) to record and steal signs.
It's not an excuse or a cop out to say "they all were doing it" because a lot of teams WERE doing it.
Everyone is allowed to use technology to gather data...that's the box that the MLB opened when they started to allow it. But no one except the Astros (whatever other investigations are pending) were relaying info in real time. They were behind everyone and then massively in front of everyone in an instant.
SquirrellyDan
AG
investorAg83 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Everyone is allowed to use technology to gather data...that's the box that the MLB opened when they started to allow it. But no one except the Astros (whatever other investigations are pending) were relaying info in real time. They were behind everyone and then massively in front of everyone in an instant.

You aren't paying attention. It's been happening since 1900, when an box was buried under the first base coaches feet and would vibrate depending on the call, which would get relayed to the batter. It continued in the 80s with a Gatorade light in the white Sox outfield. iPads are allowed in the dugouts bc of a contract with apple. BoSox and Yankees used apple watches. And that's just some of the info that made its way out without a full on investigation like the one into the Astros.

investorAg83
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

investorAg83 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

You aren't paying attention. It's been happening since 1900, when an box was buried under the first base coaches feet and would vibrate depending on the call, which would get relayed to the batter. It continued in the 80s with a Gatorade light in the white Sox outfield. iPads are allowed in the dugouts bc of a contract with apple. BoSox and Yankees used apple watches. And that's just some of the info that made its way out without a full on investigation like the one into the Astros.

The Gatorade light is an allegation by McDowell that LaRussa installed and used that light....McDowell got to the team after LaRussa was already fired. Nothing but hearsay.

If you want to equate what the Astros did to something that occurred in the game in 1900 to feel better about it, go right ahead.

This is going to be a fun season.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.