Possible Justin Verlander Burner Account

5,290 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Deluxe
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This just keeps getting better and better
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Someone post a picture of his wife for context
agproducer
AG
Dude -- someone needs to say it: Why are you obsessed with the Astros?

You are a Cards fan.

Just two years ago, an exec with your team got busted for hacking into the Astros. The Cards lost draft picks, got fined and the exec got banned.

Do you really think you are in a position to continually cast stones?

Just sayin.'
SquirrellyDan
AG
agproducer said:

You are a Cards fan.

Just two years ago, an exec with your team got busted for hacking into the Astros. The Cards lost draft picks, got fined and the exec got banned.

Just sayin.'

Everyone is obsessed with Astros. There's a thin line between obsession and jealousy.
Deluxe
AG
Wow! A possible Justin Verlander burner account!
DallasAg 94
Ag_07
AG
JV has been outspoken on certain issues on twitter before. He's never been hesitant to call out MLB or comment on issue around the league.

Why would we await until now to use a burner?

DallasAg 94
Ag_07
AG
Why would Verlander be involved with sign stealing?

Maybe it's him but it just doesn't fit his MO of being outspoken.

Now I think there's a better chance of it being someone within his camp.
Marvin
AG
Man, you guys run here with every unsubstantiated gossip, hoping and praying a shred of it is true. Is junior high student council still a thing, because that is exactly how this Ida kid is acting.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
agproducer said:

You are a Cards fan.

Just sayin.'

Its the offseason, what else should be getting posted about on a baseball forum?

The "omg you're obsessed" trope is pretty weak, even from you. If one of the best pitchers in baseball is found to be using a burner, thats pretty big news.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag_07 said:

JV has been outspoken on certain issues on twitter before. He's never been hesitant to call out MLB or comment on issue around the league.

Why would we await until now to use a burner?

Asked and answered, see the post immediately above yours
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Marvin said:

Man, you guys run here with every unsubstantiated gossip, hoping and praying a shred of it is true. Is junior high student council still a thing, because that is exactly how this Ida kid is acting.

Today I learned posting news during the offseason = acting like you're in junior high

This is why the entire baseball world is still laughing at your ridiculous fanbase
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
-
alvtimes
odds that Astros hitters will see higher than average number of fastballs in the ribs??? Do Astros pitchers then step up and return the favor
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
07ag
AG
Alvarado Times said:

odds that Astros hitters will see higher than average number of fastballs in the ribs??? Do Astros pitchers then step up and return the favor
i'd say keep the free baserunners and not return the favor
https://ts.la/eric59704
Ag_07
AG
07ag said:

Alvarado Times said:

i'd say keep the free baserunners and not return the favor

Yep

More steaks for Yordan (who for all you mouth breathers put up ridiculous numbers in 2019 when there was no illegal sign stealing)
Marvin
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Marvin said:

And yet, you run here to defend your position of the unsubstantiated gossip.

What is more Jr High... identifying a MLB using a burner twitter account to defend himself, or Astros fans doing everything they can to diminish anything bad.

Because you are acting just like that kid.

It is going to be a long season for Astros fans.

You guys jumped all giddy on the buzzer rumors and didn't care if it was a lie. Now the JV burner account- let's spread that rumor too, because it's fun to watch something burn!!!

I'm one of the loudest critics on here of the Astros antics- as an Astros fan. Yes, it is going to be a long season unfortunately, but there's enough meat on the bone for you guys without stooping to blatant lies.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Marvin said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Marvin said:

What is more Jr High... identifying a MLB using a burner twitter account to defend himself, or Astros fans doing everything they can to diminish anything bad.

You guys jumped all giddy on the buzzer rumors and didn't care if it was a lie. Now the JV burner account- let's spread that rumor too, because it's fun to watch something burn!!!

I'm one of the loudest critics on here of the Astros antics- as an Astros fan. Yes, it is going to be a long season unfortunately, but there's enough meat on the bone for you guys without stooping to blatant lies.

You should show me where someone told a blatant lie in this thread! Thanks I look forward to hearing back from you!
agproducer
AG
lda6339 said:

agproducer said:

You are a Cards fan.

Just sayin.'

Its the offseason, what else should be getting posted about on a baseball forum?

The "omg you're obsessed" trope is pretty weak, even from you. If one of the best pitchers in baseball is found to be using a burner, thats pretty big news.
Not a "trope," and I understand it being the "offseason." I just find it curious that a Cards fan -- who during the Astros WS run last year -- felt the need to come on the Astros thread and talk smack, then as soon as any snippet of Astros rumor comes out about the scandal -- no matter how unverified it is -- you come to post it on this board.

It's like you want to rub it in the fans of Astros fans. My question is: Why?

You are a Cards fan, and your team got busted for hacking! So, again, your team is not clean by any means. Why is it important to cast stones?

Also, how is it weak, "even for me?" We don't know each other. In fact, we've never interacted.

I'm admittedly disappointed about what the Astros have done, and they deserved to be punished. I've also been very vocal about wanting the investigation opened up to include other teams that may have the same thing going on.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
agproducer said:

lda6339 said:

agproducer said:

You are a Cards fan.

Just sayin.'

Not a "trope," and I understand it being the "offseason." I just find it curious that a Cards fan -- who during the Astros WS run last year -- felt the need to come on the Astros thread and talk smack, then as soon as any snippet of Astros rumor comes out about the scandal -- no matter how unverified it is -- you come to post it on this board.

It's like you want to rub it in the fans of Astros fans. My question is: Why?

You are a Cards fan, and your team got busted for hacking! So, again, your team is not clean by any means. Why is it important to cast stones?

Also, how is it weak, "even for me?" We don't know each other. In fact, we've never interacted.

I'm admittedly disappointed about what the Astros have done, and they deserved to be punished. I've also been very vocal about wanting the investigation opened up to include other teams that may have the same thing going on.

Whether you want to admit it or not this is the biggest story in baseball in recent memory; so yes, "why do you care so much cards fan" is a trope, and a tired one at that. I'm a baseball fan posting updates to one of the craziest stories/scandals we'll see for a while in this sport.

I haven't cast stones - I posted updates to a huge story that continues to develop. Houston is in the spotlight right now. Houston is what everyone is talking about in the baseball world and not for the right reasons.

I'll admit I was being an idiot during Game 7. I'm sorry you and many others still upset by it months later.
03_Aggie
He doesn't have anything to do. Have you checked his Cardinals thread? It's him talking to himself.
n_touch
0%. They were all doing it whether they admit it or not. Where there is smoke there is fire. People are acting like they just found out with the report? They all knew before then
Marvin
AG
lda6339 said:

Marvin said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Marvin said:

You should show me where someone told a blatant lie in this thread! Thanks I look forward to hearing back from you!

Not someone, you. Spreading discredited gossip = lying. You are not interesting in starting a thread for discussion. You just want to sling mud, point and laugh.

I look forward to not hearing back from you- blocked.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Marvin said:

lda6339 said:

Marvin said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Marvin said:

Not someone, you. Spreading discredited gossip = lying. You are not interesting in starting a thread for discussion. You just want to sling mud, point and laugh.

I look forward to not hearing back from you- blocked.

Oh no. As we say at Olsen, angry lil man!

Feel free to link the lie!
ClickClack
AG
Nino Brown
I actually feel more sad for Dallasag at this point. Those scars are deep and that baby needs see a therapist quick.
DallasAg 94
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
ClickClack said:

Still waiting on that link! Please advise!
tjack16
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Nino Brown said:

I actually feel more sad for Dallasag at this point. Those scars are deep and that baby needs see a therapist quick.
Oh you don't worry about me, little buddy.

Headline from ESPN:

Quote:

Olney: MLB players angry over sign stealing while Astros wait to say they're sorry

The scandal has generated outrage and punishment. But it hasn't generated many apologies from Houston's players.

I've said before... Astros (and their fans) need to own it. Apologize and quit trying to defend it. Like Keuchel did.

Not everyone in MLB was cheating, like Astros fans assert. And some Astros fans have even asserted that not everyone on the team participated, which would indicate not everyone agreed with the cheating.

If the above headline is reflective of the league, the backlash may be worse than I anticipated.
I'm an Astros fan. We cheated in 2017. I own it. Our 2017 title will always be tainted now.

However in my opinion it does not diminish what we did in 2019, which most people outside of Houston say is tainted too. That's my biggest issue.

sure talk all you want about 2017, but we still won 103 games and made the ALCS in 2018, won 108 games and a pennant in 2019 (which was proven we didn't cheat)
mazag08
AG
Plenty of us have admitted we cheated, that we are not ok with it, and that our title is tainted. And we ****ing hate it. But we are not the team, and other than the whole city storming minute maid demanding that the players come clean, there's nothing we can do.

But the commissioner did state that there were up to 10 other teams, that MLB knew about, that could be investigated further. We simply want them investigated to the full extent that we were, and any allegations that pop up concerning additional teams to be fully investigated as well.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.