Altuve "DONT RIP IT OFF"

7,722 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by annie88
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BMX Bandit said:

Danny Vermin said:

The Rangers will have a better record than the Houston Asterisks this season now that they can't cheat. That organization is a disgrace to the game of baseball .
Danny Vermin is an Astros fan trolling as Rangers fan to make them look stupid.

Vegas has Houston at 97 and Texas at 78.5. I think Houston might come out hot with a chip on their shoulder (maybe literally), but won't make it to 97. Texas should be over .500, but if they're out of wild card contention come September, they may shut it down early.

The Central has Detroit and KC at a TOTAL of 122, so MN and CLE could pile up the wins with 38 apiece against them. Houston doesn't have as many free spaces.
diehard03
Quote:

for a few months.... if that long. Tell me, why would they, in the same year they start wearing devices under their shirts decide that their new walk off home run tradition will be to rip off the teammates shirt??

It's a pretty common celebration among the MLB to rip someone's jersey off after a walkoff home run. It certainly wasn't their new tradition.
Texaggie7nine
diehard03 said:

Quote:

for a few months.... if that long. Tell me, why would they, in the same year they start wearing devices under their shirts decide that their new walk off home run tradition will be to rip off the teammates shirt??

It's a pretty common celebration among the MLB to rip someone's jersey off after a walkoff home run. It certainly wasn't their new tradition.
No it wasn't a made up tradition by the Astros, but do you really think with knowing they are using buzzers, even if only occasionally, the players would choose to implement the tradition of ripping their teammates shirt off? When there are plenty of other celebrations they could do?
7nine
94chem
Texaggie7nine said:

diehard03 said:

Quote:

No it wasn't a made up tradition by the Astros, but do you really think with knowing they are using buzzers, even if only occasionally, the players would choose to implement the tradition of ripping their teammates shirt off? When there are plenty of other celebrations they could do?
Maybe not, but some people ain't that bright, like using a corked bat against Mariano Rivera.
diehard03
Quote:

It's really not that hard.

It's a common celebration across the league. Lots of players love to do it. Lots of players see other teams do it and want to do it too.

A walk-off home run is a very exciting play where players forget where they are. I'm sure all players are kept in the dark as to when and if they will have the wire on. IF Altuve was wearing it, he probably wouldn't have told anyone...for plausible deniability.

Altuve runs around 2nd and sees his team lining up...and he has no clue what they will do...so he does the safe thing.
Bones08
AG
TarponChaser said:

Bones08 said:

Deluxe said:

Tell him to reveal his five sources and have them substantiate their claims. If it's legit, we need to know. If not, STFU. It's bad for the game to try and supersede a 2 month MLB investigation.
I agree with others that this is borderline conspiracy theory, but...

The treatment that Mike Fiers has received probably doesn't offer much motivation for these five sources to reveal themselves.

Fiers has received that treatment because he's a snitch who got all pissy when this stuff was widespread across the league and baseball has a long history of keeping things "in house" and the whole "what happens in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse."
I have little to no faith that the MLB would have done anything about this situation if it was kept in house. I also don't see how Fiers comes off as pissy.

Texaggie7nine
Ah I see where you are ignorant on the matter now.

They had started doing the shirt tearing thing recently for walk offs. The last walk off he hit, his shirt was torn off. So he knew and everyone on the team knew that was what they were going to do because they started doing it for all walk offs recently.

The fact that they chose to make shirt tearing off the new thing they do for all walk offs would be beyond idiotic if they were wearing buzzers under their shirts.
7nine
diehard03
Quote:

Ah I see where you are ignorant on the matter now.

No, you seem to be.

They didn't get together and decide that this was their celebration. It's an organic copycat thing from whomever started it years ago. It happens all the time, across every team. In fact, you don't need the entire players to do it...only 1-2 guys who go for the shirt.

It happened before, because it is the culture of the league...and (if he cheated) he realized it was going to be a problem on the basepaths because there were guys that might do it that had no knowledge that there were buzzers.
Texaggie7nine
I'm guessing you don't watch much baseball. They coordinate celebrations all the time. That means that a month or so before the Jose HR that won the ALCS when they first started that celebration, that some players discussed and decided to use the shirt rippy offy celebration. They started using it for every walk off from there on in those few months or weeks or whatever, I can't remember exactly when they started doing it, but I remember it becoming a thing around playoff time.

Now explain how they not only decided upon the shirty rippy offy celebration knowing they were using buzzers, but that they CONTINUED to do it several times, knowing they were using buzzers even occasionally.

You are at the point of simply just trolling for fun because I know you can't even be buying the argument you are making. .
7nine
Mathguy64
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Danny Vermin said:

The Rangers will have a better record than the Houston Asterisks this season now that they can't cheat. That organization is a disgrace to the game of baseball .
Danny Vermin is an Astros fan trolling as Rangers fan to make them look stupid.

Pretty sure he's a sip. Which of course makes any cheating complaint even more hilarious and ironic.
diehard03

Quote:

I'm guessing you don't watch much baseball. They coordinate celebrations all the time. That means that a month or so before the Jose HR that won the ALCS when they first started that celebration, that some players discussed and decided to use the shirt rippy offy celebration. They started using it for every walk off from there on in those few months or weeks or whatever, I can't remember exactly when they started doing it, but I remember it becoming a thing around playoff time.

Nick Punto seems to have started it even back in 2012. Many players have copied it because they think it looks cool. The Astros did not just have a meeting and said "yeah, lets do X celebration for walk offs now".

Quote:

Now explain how they not only decided upon the shirty rippy offy celebration knowing they were using buzzers, but that they CONTINUED to do it several times, knowing they were using buzzers even occasionally.

I've written it like 4 times. I don't know what you want now. Not all players know they buzzers exist. They want to do the celebration. Clearly, the ones that knew didn't come up with anything better and suspected that they'd never encounter the scenario.

Just about every 3rd party observer says what I have: it's not enough to condemn them, but it's not a good look. Only Astros fans seem to think there was no issue. That should clue you into something.
Mort Rainey
Welcome to this board of Astros fans. These guys are the equivalent of the Mom from Dead Poets Society screaming "HE'S ALRIGHT HE'S ALRIGHT" after she found her son's dead body. Complete denial.
03_Aggie
MLB also says there was no issue with buzzers. Now we don't believe the report?
Mort Rainey
Texaggie7nine
The irony you emit is so enjoyable. Please continue.
7nine
diehard03
Quote:

Yikes. The report is written to protect the baseball office. No evidence means they found no evidence. We have no idea how much they even tried.

Again, I am not saying he cheated. Maybe he just hates being pulled around because he's a small guy. Maybe he's insecure. (I don't buy the wife thing, but whatever) His behavior could be simply "odd".

I just think it's silly that people are claiming there's no way he cheated and refuse to acknowledge the possibility.

I kinda feel bad for him, because I do odd stuff all the time and my reputation is never in question because of it.
Mort Rainey
Texaggie7nine said:

The irony you emit is so enjoyable. Please continue.

03_Aggie
Mabel Choate said:

03_Aggie said:

Lol oh the report that said the scandal was player driven but didn't suspend players?

Please. These guys knew about this and hoped it would all just go away. Nothing is more hilarious than an adult who immediately and unconditionally believes a statement of denial. Join us in the real world.

Ah, so your issue is with MLB. Got it.
diehard03
Quote:

Ah, so your issue is with MLB. Got it.

No, my issue is with silly tribalism and the apparent celebration of cheating like "but they do it" matters.

I get that Houston has had a history of sports failures and this was a shining moment. But everyone shows their ass when you act like everyone else cheating lets you off the moral hook.

It's low class.
03_Aggie
diehard03 said:

I just think it's silly that people are claiming there's no way he cheated and refuse to acknowledge the possibility..

I agree. It's like all those saying other teams were doing it also but people refuse to believe it without hardcore evidence Like that found in the report. The report whose credibility depends on the argument your are trying to make.
Marvin
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Yikes. The report is written to protect the baseball office. No evidence means they found no evidence. We have no idea how much they even tried.

Again, I am not saying he cheated. Maybe he just hates being pulled around because he's a small guy. Maybe he's insecure. (I don't buy the wife thing, but whatever) His behavior could be simply "odd".

I just think it's silly that people are claiming there's no way he cheated and refuse to acknowledge the possibility.

I kinda feel bad for him, because I do odd stuff all the time and my reputation is never in question because of it.

Come on. Ranger fans demand proof that cheating didn't help (which I contend it must have for it to be continued as it was- and I'm saying that as an Astros fan), then claim that no evidence of buzzers is not proof that they didn't cheat. It's the old "and when was it, exactly, that you stopped beating your wife?!" sleight of hand.

The circular logic is laughable. Condemn the Astros for the video- they deserve it- but don't play both sides.
diehard03
Quote:

Come on. Ranger fans demand proof that cheating didn't help (which I contend it must have for it to be continued as it was- and I'm saying that as an Astros fan), then claim that no evidence of buzzers is not proof that they didn't cheat. It's the old "and when was it, exactly, that you stopped beating your wife?!" sleight of hand.

The circular logic is laughable. Condemn the Astros for the video- they deserve it- but don't play both sides.

It's not circular at all and they aren't even related to each other.

The first one is a logical extension that you agree with. Cheating benefited them, and we don't have the benefit of knowing if they would have won without cheating.

The second one is simply the "absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence" for this particular thing. I've already conceded that there's no evidence to claim he definitely cheated. But it's odd behavior. There's also no reason to pursue anything unless their's new evidence.

I don't know why you'd find this odd. You've already opened the door to criticism by cheating in the first place.
Marvin
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

It's not circular at all and they aren't even related to each other.

The first one is a logical extension that you agree with. Cheating benefited them, and we don't have the benefit of knowing if they would have won without cheating.

The second one is simply the "absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence" for this particular thing. I've already conceded that there's no evidence to claim he definitely cheated. But it's odd behavior. There's also no reason to pursue anything unless their's new evidence.

I don't know why you'd find this odd. You've already opened the door to criticism by cheating in the first place.

They aren't related? Ok, I'm done. Enjoy tilting the windmill.
03_Aggie
diehard03 said:

Quote:

There is no evidence that they actually benefitted from it. There is truly no way of knowing if they did or not. Only argument people make to try and prove that it did is "then why'd they do it?"
diehard03
Quote:

There is no evidence that they actually benefitted from it. There is truly no way of knowing if they did or not.

That's the whole point - you created the issue by cheating. We don't know if you really benefited from it. So now your championship is suspect.

If only there was something you could have done to prevent this from happening...
30wedge
I wonder if on bobblehead giveaway nights they will come with a little buzzer next year?
Wabs
AG
30wedge said:

I wonder if on bobblehead giveaway nights they will come with a little buzzer next year?

At the new Rangers stadium the bobble heads will come with both hands empty, representing the number of WS they've won.
Marvin
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Wabs said:

30wedge said:

At the new Rangers stadium the bobble heads will come with both hands empty, representing the number of WS they've won.

Or both hands full of each other's deeks.

Bro check!!!!
dixichkn
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Where is Kennesaw Mountain Landis when we need him.
Dead. Like the whole buzzer theory.

Flexbone
The OP is a total *****.
Nino Brown
You should actually feel bad for how stupid this post makes you look.

Yes, Aktuve was wearing a buzzer and the players were trying to rip his jersey off knowing he had it on anyways. It's actually pretty scary that a human could be this stupid and supposedly have a college degree.
BMX Bandit

Diehard03 still believe
diehard03
Quote:

Diehard03 still believe

Is that a question? I never based my thoughts on a burner account, only the perception of the play in question.
diehard03
Quote:

You should actually feel bad for how stupid this post makes you look.

Yes, Aktuve was wearing a buzzer and the players were trying to rip his jersey off knowing he had it on anyways. It's actually pretty scary that a human could be this stupid and supposedly have a college degree.

I love the voracity in which yall beat up that strawman.
SquirrellyDan
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Diehard03 still believe

Is that a question? I never based my thoughts on a burner account, only the perception of the play in question.

Lol which play?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.