Altuve "DONT RIP IT OFF"

7,592 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by annie88
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Imagine hitting a walkoff HR to win the pennant and the 1st thing you're worried about on your walk home is your teammates ripping your jersey off. Perhaps the buzzer was underneath?

Texaggie7nine
To me, it makes complete since. That jersey is instantly super valuable.

Jose was asked and he said he would get in trouble with his wife.

Was it because his wife doesn't want people to see him bare chested, or because she knows the value it would have in tact and in a frame, be it given to charity or for their own collection or whatever?

But to me, the easiest argument against this stupid claim that he didn't want his "buzzer" exposed, is, his own teammates would know about it. Why would they be so stupid as to rip his shirt off if they knew their cheating ways would be exposed?
7nine
DrZ
AG
Earlier in the year against Oakland AT HOME his shirt was torn off. And guess what no wire. This is getting silly
03_Aggie
Imagine starting a new thread when there's already like five others covering this topic.
. . .
E
AG
Deluxe
AG
Conspiracy theorists had a fun hour there but it's over now. Astros didn't cheat in 2019. Read the commish report.
Silent For Too Long
Everybody and their sister knew chappy was about to throw something soft there. He couldn't locate his fastball to save his life.

Too many gullible people fell for some yankee fanfic.
Danny Vermin
Where is Kennesaw Mountain Landis when we need him.
bigcat22
AG
Interesting takes...

Edit: it's been discovered the twitter account isn't Beltrans niece or a player's burner, but wanted to add this interview With Jomboy from earlier today. This is opening the flood gates for conspiracy theories...

Deluxe
AG
Tell him to reveal his five sources and have them substantiate their claims. If it's legit, we need to know. If not, STFU. It's bad for the game to try and supersede a 2 month MLB investigation.
03_Aggie
Deluxe said:

Tell him to reveal his five sources and have them substantiate their claims. If it's legit, we need to know. If not, STFU. It's bad for the game to try and supersede a 2 month MLB investigation.

Same account said the Yankees used buzzers and had a camera in the bullpen. Smart play to let everyone run with the Astros claim and then drop that one. Jomboy have any thoughts on that claim?
bigcat22
AG
Before taking down the twitter account, the "niece" took a shot at the Yankees as well...

Farmer1906
AG
Are y'all gunna start a new thread for every bad rumor?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Farmer1906 said:

First day on TexAgs?
cc10106
Great post, would read again. OP, you can join the circle jerk in the Arlington thread.
Farmer1906
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Farmer1906 said:

First day on TexAgs?

This board usually isn't that way. Look how long most of the threads are.
thirdcoast
AG
Out of all places, why would he put a buzzer up there?

I can think of a dozen safer places, in pants under sliding shorts etc.

SquirrellyDan
AG
How desperate are you? I'm glad the Astros have given you arlington fans something to be excited about.
Marvin
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

How desperate are you? I'm glad the Astros have given you arlington fans something to be excited about.

What else are they going to do... talk about their own team that will battle Seattle for the cellar again, despite a couple of roster bandaids? Certainly more enjoyable to participate in schadenfreude than self-reflection. Astros fans know that very well after this offseason.
Danny Vermin
The Rangers will have a better record than the Houston Asterisks this season now that they can't cheat. That organization is a disgrace to the game of baseball .
SquirrellyDan
AG
Danny Vermin said:

The Rangers will have a better record than the Houston Asterisks this season now that they can't cheat. That organization is a disgrace to the game of baseball .
El. Oh. El.

Wanna bet?
gambochaman
AG
Danny Vermin said:

how much do you want to bet?
bigcat22
AG
Marvin said:

What else are they going to do... talk about their own team that will battle Seattle for the cellar again, despite a couple of roster bandaids? Certainly more enjoyable to participate in schadenfreude than self-reflection. Astros fans know that very well after this offseason.

Speaking of bandaids...

Marvin
AG
Danny Vermin said:

No doubt they are disgraced, and rightfully so for the cheating. I'll still root for them.

Go ahead and call me trash now. That's your keyboard warrior shtick, right?
Marvin
AG
bigcat22 said:

Marvin said:

Speaking of bandaids...

Not sure I get the joke. Is this related to the buzzer rumor that was discredited?
Texaggie7nine
Obvious troll that worked
7nine
diehard03
Quote:

But to me, the easiest argument against this stupid claim that he didn't want his "buzzer" exposed, is, his own teammates would know about it. Why would they be so stupid as to rip his shirt off if they knew their cheating ways would be exposed?

Because it's baseball tradition that they have participated in for how long? This is what humans do, they stick to behavioral patterns in moments of euphoria.

Secondly, I think it's quite reasonable that they didn't wear them all the time and not everyone was aware of when people were wearing them. Plausible deniability.

Now, let me reassure you - I don't think this circumstantial evidence is enough to think he cheated in the moment.

But, you are committing the same crime you are accusing the haters of doing - choosing to believing he's innocent (guilty on their side) and looking for reasons to confirm your choice.
JCA1
AG
So walk me through the logic, OP. If the Astros started wearing electronic devices under their jerseys to signal pitches, why would the same group of guys, at the same time, also start ripping each other's jerseys off after big plays?
Texaggie7nine
Quote:

Because it's baseball tradition that they have participated in for how long?
for a few months.... if that long. Tell me, why would they, in the same year they start wearing devices under their shirts decide that their new walk off home run tradition will be to rip off the teammates shirt??

I'm accusing other fans of turning away from obvious implications that other teams used technology to cheat as well. All the hints, all the accusations that came out in the report, the former players that say it's league wide, the fact that 99% of baseball players are staying very very quiet.....

There is no obvious implication of Altuve or any astros using buzzers.
7nine
irish pete ag06
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Money right now. Put up ur shut up little Danny Rat. $100 bet.
Bones08
AG
Deluxe said:

I agree with others that this is borderline conspiracy theory, but...

The treatment that Mike Fiers has received probably doesn't offer much motivation for these five sources to reveal themselves.
TarponChaser
Bones08 said:

Deluxe said:

I agree with others that this is borderline conspiracy theory, but...

The treatment that Mike Fiers has received probably doesn't offer much motivation for these five sources to reveal themselves.

Fiers has received that treatment because he's a snitch who got all pissy when this stuff was widespread across the league and baseball has a long history of keeping things "in house" and the whole "what happens in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse."
BMX Bandit
Danny Vermin said:

Danny Vermin is an Astros fan trolling as Rangers fan to make them look stupid.

SquirrellyDan
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Danny Vermin said:

Danny Vermin is an Astros fan trolling as Rangers fan to make them look stupid.

Ah. That makes more sense then someone actually thinking arlington can compete with Astros anyone in the AL.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.