Teeball or Softball for U6 girl

1,061 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Marvin
dummble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Specifically in Kingwood. My daughter played the YMCA catchall tee-ball last year and wants to play in the spring. Should she be going into the softball association now or play tee-ball mixed. She can throw, mostly catch and hits the ball squarely off the tee if that matters.
03_Aggie
My daughter is going into 6u tee ball. I'm going to let her play baseball for as long as she can hold her own.
ORAggieFan
If you have solid softball I'd go that route now. I've coached softball and baseball and had girls do baseball. They are different games. I actually find our softball league more competitive than Little League. So much is based on what's local.
Marvin
AG
It's 6U... which is not to downplay it at all... but the considerations are a bit different than if she's 13. Does she have more friends that play softball or baseball? Is is a co-ed req league, or will she be playing with all boys? Is it more convenient for the family to be involved right now with this league?

Main point is to have fun and, if possible, learn a little bit about throwing, fielding and catching. Either version can be very competitive, all things considered, or just a fun afternoon out in the sun. Just depends what is the best fit for your kid and family.

I'd definitely say that if your daughter wants to play competitive softball as a teenager and possibly in college, she needs to be playing that sport by 12 at the latest or she'll have a tough transition. That's just my experience, but I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions.

Most of all- ENJOY THE TIME!! They grow up quick.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.