*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,744 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Speaking of Trout...can you say virtue signal?

Post removed:
by user
tjack16
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Trout had missed a combined 98 games over the past 3 years and the angels have been in 3 playoff games on his career - all losses. They are wasting his career away, they can be just as mediocre without him.

It's like Lebron James being on a team like the Atlanta Hawks. If I was Trout I'd go East to Atlanta, Boston or Philly
Panama Red
AG
Key difference is Hawks would have played in multiple finals with LeBron on the roster
TXAG14
Beat40
MuckRaker96 said:

Trout had missed a combined 98 games over the past 3 years and the angels have been in 3 playoff games on his career - all losses. They are wasting his career away, they can be just as mediocre without him.

And he chose to sign a mega deal with them that likely insures he's with them for the duration of his career. I understand why from a money standpoint, but I will never feel bad for him for being one of baseball's best players and never being on a good team if they stay mediocre throughout his career.
tjack16
AG
True but that's also because one player on a basketball team makes all the difference in the world. Baseball not so much unless it's an ace pitcher
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

If they can't practice how are they going to play a game with delayed results? Could we see games get postponed due to test result delays? Makes it even harder to get 60 games in this compressed window.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
redline248
AG
Apparently the testing process is a total cluster f--
The As have been waiting almost 2 weeks for results and aren't practicing
Farmer1906
AG
This feels really unprofessional. How do you have testing in place but not sure you'll have results back in time? This has to be one of the most basic parts of your plan and you can't even execute.
Bulldog73
AG
Especially when they had so long to develop and implement their plan.
Ag_07
AG
This season isn't gonna happen at all if they can't even get results back in a timely manner.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I thought an instant result test had been developed?
redline248
AG
Conspiracy mode active:

1) they are delaying tests bc many are testing positive and they don't want it in the news

or

2) they are delaying tests bc they don't want to actually play games
Ag_07
AG
And why are they not piggy backing what golf is doing?

I assume golf is getting their players results back within a couple days so that they can go from one event to the next.
Farmer1906
AG
I saw McHugh get his test. He had to split a lot in this little tube. Previously I had only heard about the brain swab.
n_touch
redline248 said:

Conspiracy mode active:

1) they are delaying tests bc many are testing positive and they don't want it in the news

or

2) they are delaying tests bc they don't want to actually play games
How about a little bit of both. This was not about playing. It always was and always will be an illusion so that they can save face. Both from the players and league itself.

wangus12
AG
cpsencik04 said:

I thought an instant result test had been developed?
Our clinic can have the results in an hour. I don't see how MLB hasn't paid a private lab to do this. Come to think of it, we're available.

Granted if I'm involved the Yankees may have 100% positive tests and not be able to play.
lunchbox
lunchbox
zgood10
AG
Fri 7/24 vs. Mariners, 8:10 pm CT
Home opener
Farmer1906
AG
8 o clock home games.

Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

8 o clock home games.

Makes no sense
spadilly
S
Farmer1906 said:

8 o clock home games.

Yeah, but no games start later than 8:10, including the west coast trips. I'm pleasantly surprised!

Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Farmer1906 said:

8 o clock home games.

Makes no sense

They're doing for the west coast dildos we play. They don't want games at 5 o clock apparently but if MLB was smart they broadcast early games daily with so many people still working from home. I'd love to turn on some baseball 4 in the afternoon.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The back half of the Yankees schedule is can only be described as "10-ply"...yet more favoritism towards the Yankees by MLB.
agdaddy04
AG
Excited they're coming back to Colorado. Guess if they won't let me in then I can sit outside at one of the breweries near by.
tjack16
AG
Yes but the front half is tough ... it'll balance itself out. Especially because they might still have injuries early
Marvin
AG
Wait, we play 7 of 10 in Oakland?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
And 6 of 10 in Anaheim. Our 3 against the Padres are in SD. We get the Giants for 3 but the DBacks for 6.

Either this is fishy or I'm being pissy.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
agdaddy04
AG
I'm sure Ranger fans are upset 6/10 against us are in Houston.
pdg88
AG
Here is a full summary:

10 vs Mariners (7 home/3 away)
10 vs Rangers (6 home/4 away)
10 vs Angels (4 home/6 away)
10 vs Athletics (3 home/7 away)
6 vs D-backs (3 home/ 3 away)
4 vs Dodgers (2 home/2 away)
4 vs Rockies (2 home/ 2 away)
3 vs Giants (3 home/0 away)
3 vs Padres (0 home/3 away)

It will be interesting to see how much home field advantage matters if there are no fans.
Panama Red
AG
Nick Markakis sitting out the season. He was a long shot for 3000 hits, next to impossible now.
W
AG
it looks like a favorable schedule for the Astros...for one big reason:

opponent's mediocre starting pitching.

30 games vs. the Mariners, Angels, Rockies, Giants, and Padres. No one to fear on those staffs.

16 games vs. the D-Backs and Rangers. If Mad Bum or Kluber can't turn back the clock or Lynn can't repeat his 2019...not much too worry about there.

then 14 games vs. the Dodgers and A's. Should see Kershaw in the early series and the A's staff has potential. So those games will possibly be tough on the bats.

otherwise...runs scored aplenty
First Page Last Page
Page 259 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.