*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,038,780 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags #1
AG
Is MLB Basically saying only one guy was involved in this thing?
n_touch
I'm confused if he did not effectively communicate to the players that the rules were there, does that mean they were breaking them? Very poorly worded sentence.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Zero surprise the redsox get a finger wagged at them and nothing more.

Ridiculous
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Does that leave it open for Cora to be back in 2021? Technically he was fired but the suspension statement opens the door

That would mean the redsox lose a 2nd rounder and some low level dude. That's it
Mathguy64
AG
So they got caught cheating, got told not to do it again, did it again in direct violation of the Commissioner's edict, and got less than we got.

Sure. That seems up the up and up.

The Boston players clammed up and Manfred had no hammer against them.
CFTXAG10
AG

From the report:
Quote:

Therefore, Watkins, who was an expert at decoding sign sequences from video, had access to a live feed during the game that he could have if he so chose used to supplement or update the work he had performed prior to the game to decode an opponent's signs.
Don't worry guys, he was just "updating and supplementing" his pre-game work

Quote:

And even when Watkins utilized in-game video to revise his advance work, the information was only useful if the opposing team did not again change its sequence after Watkins passed along the information to players, and, only then, if the Red Sox baserunner was able to recognize the sequence provided by Watkins and also inform the batter through a gesture that was understood correctly by the batter.
Just go right ahead and **** yourself Mr. Manfred
Ag_07
AG
I hope this blows back in Manfred's face.

It's all such a crock it's almost embarrassing for him.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
There won't be any blow back. It's done. We all saw this coming months ago.
Farmer1906
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

There won't be any blow back. It's done. We all saw this coming months ago.

This.

We were the scapegoat. Simple.

Baseball will move on.
ClickClack
AG
Shocking that players wouldn't talk after the whole Astros thing. I'm sure Cora magically changed his ways in 2018.
03_Aggie
This guy spoke out about it. Said they'd have swept everyone if they cheated in 2018.

In case you're wondering, that's him going to a bright shiny spot on his forearm during a relief appearance in the 2018 ALCS...

Big Al 1992
AG
Such freakin weak sauce. Ooohhh - a second round pick for one year. Cause they only cheated when a runner was in second base? Yeah right.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Cora and Beltran only had the notion to cheat while in Houston. Clean as a whistle in Boston and New York. Just completely different people while affiliated with those teams. Nothing to see here, folks. Baseball is clean once again.
W
AG
absolute garbage

(as predicted it would be by many)
n_touch
Gramercy Riffs said:

Cora and Beltran only had the notion to cheat while in Houston. Clean as a whistle in Boston and New York. Just completely different people while affiliated with those teams. Nothing to see here, folks. Baseball is clean once again.
Well thank goodness they ran him out of NY....
Big Al 1992
AG
Oh and the replay operator. MLB sure showed they mean business with the Red Sox. "We're gonna suspend that horrible replay operator for a year - how dare he tarnish the storied Red Sox franchise."
Gramercy Riffs
AG
n_touch said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Well thank goodness they ran him out of NY....

I was referring to his time with the Yankees.
n_touch
I know.
Big Al 1992
AG
And release the news the afternoon before the NFL draft so you hear a little this evening and then hardly at all afterwards.
Buck Compton
AG
Rob Manfred is a crooked piece of *****
07ag
AG
after today, i support the astros more than ever and no longer care about the astros cheating. the fix is clearly in, in favor of the traditional blue bloods. if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying,, hope the astros do anything they can get away with to win this year.
https://ts.la/eric59704
Mr.Bond
AG
We're the smu of baseball. We were made the example while the blue blood (tu/Boston) goes unscathed
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Bulldog73
AG
Aside from the ASTROS' OWN BEATWRITER, the media seems to have some decent backlash against this crap. Of course, with no sports and the draft tomorrow, no one will remember it Friday.
Farmer1906
AG
It is just a matter of not doing it out in the open (trash can bangs) and not having someone snitch. And even then if everyone in house denies along with leadership sending out memos to everyone about "no cheating" then you can still probably not get caught.
Mathguy64
AG
In the end, no one who played for Boston went all Mike Fiers and opened his mouth. That's the difference.
ClickClack
AG
mathguy86 said:

In the end, no one who played for Boston went all Mike Fiers and opened his mouth. That's the difference.

I'll say the people up here have not given me a hard time at all about the astros. They seem to get it and know they cheated too. Plus they're actually not a bunch of little girls like the NY fans.
Big Al 1992
AG
MLB goes soft on Red Sox - FOR THE SECOND TIME!! They've been CAUGHT cheating twice in IN 3 YEARS!
redline248
AG
dixichkn
AG
Atta boy Manfred. What a good little lapdog you are!

Biggest crock of BS I've ever seen. Suspend a guy that's already been fired. And sh**can the video operator. Hell yeah. That'll teach em.
Beat40
Everyone should have seen this coming when he wouldn't investigate everyone at the same time or when he just didn't tell those dudes at the Althletic to shut up. He had no spine in this whole deal.
the last of the bohemians
Eventually some former Red Sox will have a drug problem, become poor, and need book money.
It will take years, maybe a decade, but the truth will come out.
n_touch
Anyone have an Orbit Bobblehead they are willing to trade or sell? Looking for one as a bday present.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
The fact that the report says "unlike the Astros in 2017" is ridiculous. The redsox cheating had absolutely nothing to do with the Astros. Completely separate investigations.

Also the redsox GM and coach werent aware but as gm it was Lunhows a job to be aware of what was going on with his team. Lunhow claiming ignorance was not enough.

Let's just quickly sweep this under the rug
Wabs
AG
Weak sauce Red Sox report gets released the day before the NFL draft. I am shocked.
First Page Last Page
Page 207 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.