*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,180 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Give it to Espada on a trial basis that way you can focus on the more important hire of new GM

But don't call it trial. Hire him and it he doesn't work, fire him.
Ag_07
AG
If we don't hire Espada Boston will.

Let them hire some old fart retread.
Marvin
AG
So, anyone going to Fanfest on Saturday?
Mr.Bond
AG
The media interviews are going to be absolutely unbearable for the foreseeable future for players
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Marvin
AG
Mr.Bond said:

The media interviews are going to be absolutely unbearable for the foreseeable future for players

Not sure I have a problem with this. They participated in the cheating, so let them get a taste of the medicine.
Beat40
Marvin said:

Mr.Bond said:

Not sure I have a problem with this. They participated in the cheating, so let them get a taste of the medicine.
Spring training is going to suck for them.

Not only participated, but drove the scheme.
CFTXAG10
AG
I should've accepted my invite to the Diamond Dreams Gala tomorrow night at MMP. Got some family and friends going. That should be interesting depending on who has committed to show up....
Farmer1906
AG
It's too bad they finished the investigation already.

I would have like to see Bregman say this with a smirk.
Marvin
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Maybe they should take a hint from Farmer and respond with nothing but Bull Durham quotes:

Bregman, when asked how it's been since the punishment was announced: "It's great. You hit white balls for batting practice. Ballparks are like cathedrals. The hotels all have room service and the women all have long legs and brains."

Springer, when asked if the cheating impacts his legacy: "I ain't pissing it away. I got a Porsche already. I got a 911 with a quadraphonic Blaupunkt."

Grienke, answering questions about a scheme he wasn't part of: "Oh yeah, I'm having a blast. Thanks."

Reddick, discussing if it's hard to face the press and opposing fans: "You can keep going to the ballpark, keep getting paid to do it. Beats the hell out of working at Sears."

Altuve, doubling down on the scheme: "You know what the difference between hitting .250 and .300 is? It's 25 hits. Twenty-five hits in 500 at-bats is 50 points, OK? There's six months in a season. That's about 25 weeks. That means if you get just one extra flare a week, just one, a gork, a ground ball a ground ball with eyes! you get a dying quail, just one more dying quail a week and you're in Yankee Stadium. You still don't know what I'm talking about, do you?"

Correa, on why they didn't stop the cheating: "If you give in now, you might start losing. Huh? Never f with a winning streak."

Anyone, when Buster Olney asks a question: "You're in the wrong business, Jack. You're Sears and Roebuck material."

Estrada to his team on report day: "Don't think. It can only hurt the ballclub. Now come inside and I'll buy you a drink."

wangus12
AG
dshedd41 said:

Rangers gonna be asking Chirinos how to steal signs so they might hopefully break .500
PhatMack19
AG
I was told Crane was showing Buck Showalter around the park today. Buck is old school. Not sure how that meshes with SABR.
Marvin
AG
PhatMack19 said:

I was told Crane was showing Buck Showalter around the park today. Buck is old school. Not sure how that meshes with SABR.

Good old boy network alive and kicking.
Mathguy64
AG
Buck Blowwater would be the worst possible manager this franchise could hire. Might as well see if Jack McKeon is still breathing. If Crane were serious about keeping this window viable he would money whip Kevin Cash.
Ag_07
AG
That would be an awful hire. There's a reason he's out of work.

If indeed Crane wants go that direction he should make it absolutely imperative that he not touch Strome.

And that goes for any manager he hires.
W
AG
whoa, Showalter is way, way too much of a disciplinarian for this clubhouse.

I'd rather have Dusty Baker. He would get the 'stros to the playoffs and then probably lose I guess
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

If indeed Crane wants go that direction he should make it absolutely imperative that he not touch Strome.

Showalter leaves Yankees in 95, they win World Series the next year. Showalter leaves Dbacks in 00, they win World Series the next year.

Crane hiring Showalter would be like Jerry hiring Parcells, except that Parcells at least had some rings.
Deluxe
AG
W said:

whoa, Showalter is way, way too much of a disciplinarian for this clubhouse.

I'd rather have Dusty Baker. He would get the 'stros to the playoffs and then probably lose I guess

And Dusty Baker would have told Cole he's going in in the 6th whether he likes it or not.
ccaggie05
AG
I hope I have to eat these words later on, but it sure seems like Crane is going to destroy the rest of this window.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Deluxe said:

Ag_07 said:

Showalter leaves Yankees in 95, they win World Series the next year. Showalter leaves Dbacks in 00, they win World Series the next year.

Crane hiring Showalter would be like Jerry hiring Parcells, except that Parcells at least had some rings.

So who are we going to hire right after him to win our second World Series
Ag_07
AG
Why not hire the guy we already have who's the up and comer who our players already have a relationship with who's philosophy aligns with what's already been built.

Makes no GD sense.
Farmer1906
AG
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Time to go get your new Ted uni. Can't have an outdated jersey.
Deluxe
AG
Bombshell report
Farmer1906
AG
This came out last week - Outs Above Average for IF

Our converted mid 30s third baseman is tied in 6th in baseball for 1B.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/infield-defense?year=2019&team=&range=year&min=q&pos=3&roles=&viz=show
the last of the bohemians
I'm confused, is it not possible to have an old school coach who understands baseball situations, while having nerds that can feed the players all the analytics?
Farmer1906
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

I'm confused, is it not possible to have an old school coach who understands baseball situations, while having nerds that can feed the players all the analytics?

Ag_07
AG

Somebody never watched Moneyball.
Thinice
Ag_07 said:

Why not hire the guy we already have who's the up and comer who our players already have a relationship with who's philosophy aligns with what's already been built.

Makes no GD sense.

Let Springer pick the new manager if he'll sign an extension.
Deluxe
AG

the last of the bohemians
The real world is like movies, cmon.
You know what I mean, find an open minded manager who does the "managing", let computer jocks do that stuff
Deluxe
AG

The real world is like movies, cmon.
You know what I mean, find an open minded manager who does the "managing", let computer jocks do that stuff

n_touch
Quote:

I hope I have to eat these words later on, but it sure seems like Crane is destroying the rest of this window.
FIFY
03_Aggie
Thinice said:

Ag_07 said:

Makes no GD sense.

Let Springer pick the new manager if he'll sign an extension.

He can't go anywhere. All these GMs and other players despise these guys for what they do. I mean just read the Tweets from these national sportswriters. Surely no one is going to try and sign the cheaters later on.....
iBrad
AG
Surely Crane isn't making these hires on his own, right?
Farmer1906
AG
iBrad said:

Surely Crane isn't making these hires on his own, right?

Him, his some, and the rest of the owners. It's not like he has the Ryan's to lean on anymore.
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.