*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,230 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

Yeah Cole will get $300MM
Only if he signed for 9+. Even then, maybe not.

I put it in the other thread but my guess is 7 years 252 or 8 years 280.

At those numbers that's only slightly above what Strasburg got.

I think Cole can now get 7 or 8 at $300

That basically values Cole at 8 (high end) or 2.5 (low end) MM per year more than Starsburg which I think is about right.
Deluxe
AG
What an amazing situation this has turned into for Cole. Strasburg just set the all time total contract and AAV record for a pitcher. Cole is two years younger and has a healthier track record. And you couldn't ask for two better teams to be absolutely desperate for your services than the Angels and Yankees.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Blast me if you want.....but I had no idea Cole was 2 years younger....wow
Deluxe
AG
Props to our front office for seeing the Cole situation coming and locking up Greinke for a little over $20 mil/year at the deadline. Would suck to HAVE to sign a top tier starter in this market.
Mr.Ackar07
Mr.Bond said:

Im pretty sure we all know the answer but given cranes comments about taking a stab at Cole.... I. Wonder if we even offered anything. We all knew he was gone, but just curious
Well we did make a qualifying offer, but I know that is not what you meant.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

Yeah Cole will get $300MM
Only if he signed for 9+. Even then, maybe not.

I put it in the other thread but my guess is 7 years 252 or 8 years 280.

At those numbers that's only slightly above what Strasburg got.

I think Cole can now get 7 or 8 at $300

That basically values Cole at 8 (high end) or 2.5 (low end) MM per year more than Starsburg which I think is about right.
Maybe so. We'll find out soon.
Deluxe
AG
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
WES2006AG
AG
Does that account have any track record for accuracy?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
Dude can't even spell correctly.... I'll wait to hear from a legit source
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

dshedd41
S
I'm not 100% sure, so i just found out from somewhere I trust more, not falling for any more fake news
Gig’em Aggies!
Mr.Bond
AG
Oh and if he goes to NY..... Then **** him.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
All those pinstripe ****gots can do is try to buy championships. I hope they fail miserably, and their fans are kawk suckers

W
AG
glad Strasburg stayed with the Nationals.

that means he won't end up with the Angels
W
AG
sidenote... Scherzer is off the Nationals' books after the 2021 season.

so the Nats will only have 2 years of paying each of them $35 MM
Mr.Bond
AG
LMJ gonna have a breakout year. We will still dominate those ***s.

Side note, as stupid as this market has become I can easily see MadBum getting 100+ million

irish pete ag06
AG
Whoever signs him will very likely rue that contract in just a few years.
Deluxe
AG
I think a lot of contracts signed this offseason will be rued
irish pete ag06
AG

Hate to see this. Still was the exact right play by the front office.
irish pete ag06
AG
Deluxe said:

I think a lot of contracts signed this offseason will be rued

Really thinking about what the Astros have done.

They have not signed a single high price free agent off the top of my head.
They have extended guys currently on team.
They have traded for pitchers that are high price but towards the back end of their contract.

Pretty sound way of doing things I reckon.
Deluxe
AG
I was just thinking the same thing. Great offseason to have the luxury of sitting on our hands a little.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ag_07 said:

Marvin said:

Man, I sound like Eeyore Nuke.

FIFY

Hey now. I'm bullish on our team next year even if we do absolutely nothing this year. As we saw in '19, just get to the playoffs and hope you're hot.

IDGAF what we do at catcher. The position is a big ol wet fart any way you look at it.

I also think it's foolish to expect LMJ to go a full season. If we go the low budget pitcher route, I think we need to sign 2-3 and hope to find lightning in a bottle.
YNWA_AG
AG
In slightly unrelated off-season news, Mlb the show is coming to Xbox and the switch
Marvin
AG
Can someone remind me of the cord cutting options in the Houston area? Wasn't the Astros channel scheduled to be streamed, and did MLB get rid of the blackout?
Bregxit
AG
YNWA_AG said:

In slightly unrelated off-season news, Mlb the show is coming to Xbox and the switch
"As early as 2021"
Bregxit
AG
Marvin said:

Can someone remind me of the cord cutting options in the Houston area? Wasn't the Astros channel scheduled to be streamed, and did MLB get rid of the blackout?
I think Fubo is still the only straight forward streaming option for cord cutters. The other way involves MLBTV sub plus a location spoofer service plus a streaming device without location services.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Marvin said:

Fubo tv carries att SportsNet which has every game not nationally televised.
Farmer1906
AG
YNWA_AG said:

That's great because the game Bregman on may be the worst baseball game of all time.
Bregxit
AG
Farmer1906 said:

YNWA_AG said:

That's great because the game Bregman on may be the worst baseball game of all time.
RBI Baseball. And yes, it is terrible every year. Though it is good enough to help a seven year old pick up basic concepts of defense so it was worth the $15 I spent on it after he became the best defensive player in his age division and made all-stars this year. That same seven (now eight) year old saved his money for 18 months and just bought a PS4 so he could play The Show lol!
Marvin
AG
Bregxit said:

it is good enough to help a seven year old pick up basic concepts of defense so it was worth the $15 I spent on it

I tried that with skiing when I was 40- had never been, so I bought a Winter Olympics game for my kids Wii and practiced for a month... then nearly broke my neck 5 seconds down the first hill in a massively impressive wipeout. Slid halfway down with my face digging a long trench. Smartass little snowboarder cruises up and says, "Dude, are you dead?!" Haha, good times.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
YNWA_AG said:

If you have an Xbox or Switch and want the best baseball game now for those systems, go for Super Mega Baseball 2. It doesn't have the most realistic graphics and it looks cartoony, but it is a ton of fun.
redline248
AG
Patriots using video to spy, again. No one will care about the Astros for a few weeks
Mathguy64
AG
No one has cared for at least a week. The story has burned itself out and now MLB has breathing space to come out and quietly report nothing happened.
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.