*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,289 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Astros ALCS game 6 on att sportsnet
Gig’em Aggies!
Mathguy64
AG
New York just said no fans at pro sports.

Wonder if that means no one gets fans for any baseball game to be fair or only if NY teams get a financial disadvantage?
CFTXAG10
AG
mathguy86 said:

New York just said no fans at pro sports.

Wonder if that means no one gets fans for any baseball game to be fair or only if NY teams get a financial disadvantage?
I have a feeling they are going to lean on the side of caution and start with no fans with the potential to allow some later on. I know early on in the negotiations it was mentioned that teams might pool their gate revenue to make it fair for anyone who couldn't allow fans, but that seems pretty messy.
k20dub
AG
There's a lot of people in this thread that don't think we will even make it through the season. I highly doubt there are any fans at the games this year.
W
AG
and L.A. county has just about ruled out any home games with or w/o fans for the Dodgers and Angels

edit...Anaheim is Orange County
Bregxit
AG
https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/07/01/rob-manfred-we-werent-going-to-play-more-than-60-games/

I wonder how this goes over with the players regarding negotiating in good faith?
redline248
AG
Bregxit said:

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/07/01/rob-manfred-we-werent-going-to-play-more-than-60-games/

I wonder how this goes over with the players regarding negotiating in good faith?
Maaaan...were I a player I would be really tempted to say "well f-ck you" and not play at all
Buck Compton
AG
I wouldn't do that as a player and a competitor.

But this just further confirms how big of a moron the commissioner is, both as a CEO and in general as a leader. To say something like that just shows how much emotional intelligence he lacks.

It's actually a common theme unfortunately in the current corporate world. He's a yes man. In this case, he was talking "to the fans" on a radio show so he was trying to limit the PR damage and tell them what they want to hearthat this is where we would have ended up anyway. He didn't think of other consequences.

In his punishment, he was just doing what some of his most influential owners were telling him to dothe Yankees.

Many other instances where he just goes along to get along. He's not a leader, and it has showed.
mazag08
AG
redline248 said:

Bregxit said:

Maaaan...were I a player I would be really tempted to say "well f-ck you" and not play at all

They tried that. Multiple times. They even got what they wanted and then demanded more.

**** the players union.
Farmer1906
AG
Fffffffffffffff

Farmer1906
AG
At least we have him locked up another 5 years.
Mathguy64
AG
Can 2020 just stop now?
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yep. And he'll be 30 by that time. Man that was a clutch extension by our front office and probably a win for both sides. Breg locked in $100 million before he even hit arb. Astros got a great long term value proposition.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

Yep. And he'll be 30 by that time. Man that was a clutch extension by our front office and probably a win for both sides. Breg locked in $100 million before he even hit arb. Astros got a great long term value proposition.

It clearly is working out for the Astros but he very easily could have regressed and not taken the next step and we'd all be questioning the deal.
bearkatag15
AG

Baseball sounds
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
spadilly
S
It's happening!

n_touch
lunchbox
Sounds like Yordan tested positive.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
lunchbox said:

Sounds like Yordan tested positive.

Maybe he was the player who was initially diagnosed with it. Hopefully this timeline tracks.
mazag08
AG
Or maybe he didn't renew his passport.
lunchbox
mazag08 said:

Or maybe he didn't renew his passport.

The only thing that they have been mandated that they can't talk about is positive results.

There have been other teams talking about visa issues and the like so that isn't it.
bigjag19
AG
Good. He gets it out of the way before the season. Smart thinking that kid.
YNWA_AG
AG
He could have been outside the country as well
bigjag19
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29405284/los-angeles-angels-mike-trout-uncomfortable-playing-season
Such a hero for standing up.

Season or not, he just won the MVP for this.
mazag08
AG
Is everybody associated with California a huge poon?
Buck Compton
AG
mazag08 said:

Is everybody associated with California a huge poon?
Apparently it spreads like a disease once you are there.

I really didn't think so large a portion of our society made decisions solely based on fear, or were so susceptible to fear.
gougler08
AG
Wasn't Trout one of the "Just tell us when and where" group?
W
AG
wonder how long it will take Boras to start causing trouble.

a little strange to change agents when under contract thru the 2024 season
tjack16
AG
W said:

wonder how long it will take Boras to start causing trouble.

a little strange to change agents when under contract thru the 2024 season
he dropped his agent in april due to them being involved with the Lebron documentary on our cheating scandal
W
AG
Trout needs to go ahead and sit out the season.

playing on a California team and having a baby due in August...is a terrible combination for 2020
bearkatag15
AG

Just when I thought Bauer wasn't that bad...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Just when I thought Bauer wasn't that bad...
I seem to be one of the only ones on this board that doesn't ever want him on the Astros
Ag_07
AG
I don't mind Bauer at all

But good God the real estate we own in his head is beyond amazing. It's almost creepy. Mostly awesome but almost creepy.

What other player would go out of their way to wear a shirt about an opponent's championship?
Oyster DuPree
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't mind Bauer at all

But good God the real estate we own in his head is beyond amazing. It's almost creepy. Mostly awesome but almost creepy.

What other player would go out of their way to an opponent's shirt about their championship?

Correct. Also, his jabbering ass had the chance to do something about it, but he lost the right to when his first-seed team lost in the ALDS to the wild card Yankees (fair and square, or so MLB tells me)
Aust Ag
AG
I can't believe I just saw on the news a Zoom interview with Dusty and he was wearing a mask. I understand he is in the "high risk category...but damn, don't think I've ever seen that before.
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.